Yamaha has been known to produce several audio products for a long time. It is, therefore, a household name when it comes to particular products in the market, such as the Yamaha Keyboards and receivers. In this article, we look at the Yamaha TSR-700.
|Amplifier||7.1 Channel (100W per channel)|
|Sound||5.1 Dolby Atmos|
Key Features Of The Yamaha TSR-700
This receiver will fill your room with incredible audio delivering up to 100W per channel across each of the seven powered channels. Built with the latest YPAO and R.S.C. tuning capabilities, setting your speakers with this receiver is seamlessly easy.
This receiver comes with modern audio capabilities such as Dolby Atmos, D.T.S. :X and Neutral:X, V.R.R., ALLM for games, and QFT, among other features for best audio performance.
In addition, the built-in MusicCast helps you expand the audio system to other rooms and zones with wireless speakers.
It supports an 8K resolution pass-through on a dedicated HDMI port and a 4K, 60 Hz pass-through on the other channels.
Besides, the receiver has a provision to enable 4K, 120 Hz pass through in future updates to support unreal action, sports, and even gaming.
Streaming And Control Functions
It supports most current music streaming services such as Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, and many other streaming apps. In addition, Yamaha TSR-700 is compatible with Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant for seamless voice control.
This receiver is built in a bold look characteristic of its black streamlined design. It has a glossy black surface and a classy design that incorporates displays and controls. Also, the logo of Yamaha placed at the top left corner adds to the appeal.
The 21.6 pounds receiver uses a status icon that indicates a sleep timer, Bluetooth, firmware updates, and wireless LAN. A play and volume status icon also exists on the display screen with several input ports to the rear side. The receiver is therefore not as heavy and is easily portable.
Yamaha gives you the best experience with the Dolby Atmos height visualization technology with forward-facing drivers. You can easily configure up to five speakers to get the effect of two in-ceiling speakers or use the seven channels to simulate four overhead speakers.
This device comes with several connectivity options. The MusicCast app, for instance, enables multi-room audio capability and streaming through a smartphone.
Other versatile voice control systems such as Alexa and Google Assistant make the connectivity seamless.
Advantages Of Yamaha TSR-700
- More power per channel
- Compatible with future technologies
- Excellent surround sound that creates realistic sound
Disadvantages Of Yamaha TSR-700
- Can be buggy
- Users have to wait for updates to enjoy most of the modern advanced features
Yamaha TSR-700 Issues
Common issues with Yamaha TSR-700 include:
- Distorted images appear when the receiver is connected to T.V. via A.R.C. cable and firestick in the HDMI – you can resolve the issue by switching off and then on the receiver.
- Switching inputs gives audio with a black screen or nothing at all. While on the HDMI input, the on-screen notification says no source is detected. Switching on and off the receiver, however, resolves the issue.
- The channel out keeps flickering on and off when connected to Apple T.V. 4K. the problem, however, lasts less than 10 minutes and will work perfectly again if turned off and on again.
- No simultaneous support for both rear surround and front presence. The front presence speakers have to be connected to zone 2 for Atmos.
Yamaha TSR-700 Manual
The receiver has a user manual that exclusively explains the basic speaker setup and unit configuration. You can also access the information through the website.
The manual is supplied with the product together with other accessories. Some of the guides you will find in the manual include:
- AV SETUP GUIDE – This app helps you connect T.V., playback device, and speakers to the A.V. receiver. You can install the app from the App Store or Google Play by searching “AV SETUP GUIDE.”
- Precautions – these are safety precautions that will help you set up the unit without causing accidents, damaging the unit, or causing injuries to yourself. They include a safe connection of the unit to the A.C. outlet and powering on.
- Turning on the unit – this guide will help you tune the receiver to work correctly with the T.V. or other devices.
- Optimizing the speaker settings automatically (YPAO)
Be sure to read and follow the instructions on the manual carefully.
Yamaha TSR-700 Watts Per Channel
The Yamaha TSR-700 is a 7.1-channel A.V. receiver with a power output of 100 watts per channel. It is versatile and provides powerful sound with no distortion even when operated at high volume levels.
Yamaha TSR-700 Setup
Setting up the unit is easy. Here’s the basic operation of the setup menu. Make sure the unit is powered on, and the connection to playback devices is successfully and securely done before you begin to set up the receiver.
Step 1: Press SETUP
Point the remote control on the unit and press the SETUP button.
Step 2: Select A Menu
Choose and select the item you intend to set up on the menu. You should see speaker, HDMI, sound, scene, multi-zone, function, network, Bluetooth, and language on the menu.
Step 3: Select an item, select setting, and press SETUP
Now select the item you intend to set up from the menu, select the setting you want to use, and press SETUP to complete.
Yamaha TSR-700 7.1 Channel
This device is a 7.1-channel 100-watt surround sound with zone 2. It gives you the option to enjoy a 5.1 surround speaker system with two additional overhead speakers or two Dolby Atmos elevation speakers.
The unit comes with a spatial remapping engine of D.T.S. Neural:X for improved immersion and heightened realism in movies. In addition, the enhanced media and gaming features ensure an added level of smooth and seamless motion and transitions for movies, video, and gaming.
Why Yamaha TSR-700?
Sound quality is a significant feature music lovers look for when choosing a receiver. The Yamaha TSR-700 is versatile and produces punchy sound. Besides, the volume quality is extraordinary, the unit is loud, and even the depth of music is superb. When it comes to modern gaming consoles and 3D movies, you do not want to look elsewhere.
To see how the TSR-700 stacks up with other receivers, you can check out our guide on the Yamaha TSR 700 Vs Denon AVR S750H to learn more.
Norvan Martin is the founder of BoomSpeaker.com. He is a professional Electronics Engineer and is passionate about home theater systems and AV electronics. BoomSpeaker was created as an online hub to share his knowledge and experiences as it relates to home theaters and home audio electronics.