In recent years, HDMI has emerged as the best signal format for high definition video. The emergence of HDMI has greatly improved the range of options modifying, boosting as well as regulating signals.
The HDMI distribution amplifier, HDMI splitter or HDMI distribution box is one of the vital tools that has aided this improvement in signal quality.
So what’s an HDMI distribution amplifier? We will discuss that and everything else you need to know about this device in this article.
What Is an HDMI Distribution Amplifier or HDMI Distribution Box?
A distribution amplifier or HDMI distribution box is a device used to divide a single video or audio signal and duplicating it into two or more copies.
The distribution amplifier ensures that the duplicates are identical copies of the source. An HDMI distribution amplifier allows you to display video and audio from one HDMI signal source to several HDMI TVs or LCDs.
To get an idea of how this works, its similar to how you would go about connecting multiple speakers to amplifiers. Since copying the signal weakens it, the HDMI distribution box not only duplicates the input signal but increases the signal strength as well.
HDMI distribution amplifiers have become more in demand in recent times as virtually all Hi-definition devices now come with an HDMI interface.
These devices include play stations, video gaming consoles, DVD players, blue-ray disc players, Xbox as well as HD camcorders.
High-quality HDMI distribution amplifiers come with 3D support, as well as up to 1080P video resolution. AnA HDMI distribution amplifier is what you need to improve your viewing experience, and we will discuss all of that below.
Everything You Need To Know About HDMI Distribution Amplifiers
HDMI distribution amplifiers are also known as HDMI splitters or HDMI distribution boxes. They are very reliable devices that are easy to use and quite durable.
There are different types of HDMI distribution amplifiers, depending on the kind of output you require. These amplifiers include.
- HDMI Distribution Amplifier 1×2: This HDMI distribution amplifier can be set up to display content from one HDMI single source to two LCDs or TVs.
- HDMI Distribution Amplifier 1×4: This HDMI distribution amplifier can be set up to display content from one HDMI single source to four LCDs or TVs.
- HDMI Distribution Amplifier 1×8: This HDMI distribution amplifier can be set up to display content from one HDMI single source to eight LCDs or TVs.
Choosing from one of these, therefore, depends on your needs and preference. Each type is effective and brings out quality results.
How Do You Use HDMI Distribution Amplifiers?
Using an HDMI distribution amplifier or HDMI distribution box is very simple. All you need to do is to ensure that you plug it in and set it up somewhere unobtrusive.
You need to get an HDMI distribution amplifier 1×8. Plug the HDMI distribution amplifier into the cable television box, and then plug all eight ports into the TVs.
All the TVs will get the same full definition, same picture, and full surround audio coming from the cable television box.
Things To Consider Before Purchasing an HDMI Distribution Amplifier
There are certain things to consider before purchasing an HDMI distribution amplifier to ensure you get the best fit for your requirements.
- The Number of Monitors: The first thing to consider when purchasing an HDMI distribution amplifier is the number of monitors, which will display the signal. Once you have determined this, you will be sure whether to get a 1×2, 1×4, or 1×8 amplifier. This will help you avoid getting an amplifier which cannot serve your need sufficiently.
- Your Device: Another thing to consider is the device that you are using the distribution amplifier for. Your device must have an HDMI interface to be able to work with an HDMI distribution amplifier. You should, therefore, confirm that your device has an HDMI interface before purchasing an HDMI distribution amplifier.
- The Best HDMI Distribution Amplifiers Available On The Market: You also want to get the best amplifiers when you are looking to purchase one. Choosing from the many choices available on the market can be quite tasking. Some HDMI distribution amplifiers are top quality, including Creston HDMI distribution amplifier and the Extron HDMI distribution amplifier.
- Distance: There are different types of HDMI distribution amplifiers when it comes to the distance they can cover. Some amplifiers are long enough to cover a good range, while some are not so lengthy. It is essential to keep in mind, the distance between your monitors when purchasing an HDMI distribution amplifier.
- Two HDMI Devices: Many people consider an HDMI distribution amplifier when using two HDMI devices on one TV or LCD. However, using two HDMI devices requires an HDMI switch rather than an HDMI distribution amplifier.
Benefits Of HDMI Distribution Amplifiers
- Cost Saving: HDMI distribution amplifiers to save cost, as you can display content from one source on a good number of TVs (as many as eight). This way, you save the money needed for buying another television, blue ray disc players, cable, or video gaming consoles.
- It Saves Space: A HDMI distribution amplifier helps you save space in your living room or bedroom, as the case may be. As you do not require new televisions or cables, you get to keep the space you might have set them up in. There’s more room in the house reducing cluster and making it safer for the family to inhabit.
- It Is Sleek and Lightweight: HDMI distribution amplifiers are slim, sleek, and lightweight, making it easy to carry around and set up. Most household electronic devices are typically heavy and bulky, making an HDMI distribution amplifier, all the more desirable.
- It Is Easy To Set Up: HDMI distribution amplifiers are easy to set up, just as we have discussed above. All you need is a device with an HDMI interface and as many TVs as you require.
Getting an HDMI distribution amplifier or HDMI distribution box is a no-brainer at this point, as most devices now come with an HDMI interface. Simply follow the steps to consider before choosing one, and you are sure to enjoy your amplifier hitch-free.