However, those who plan to play at beach parties or other outdoor scenes will need to get the best weatherproof PA speakers or risk damaging their device.
While many may prefer to build their own, it’s easier and more efficient to get a weatherproof PA system that comes with all the right gear.
In this review, we’ll take a look at the best weatherproof PA speakers, while revealing all the factors you need to consider when buying. T
hese are currently the top options on the market for their features, price, and sound quality. So, let’s do this!
Best Weatherproof PA Systems Reviewed
1. Best Overall: ION Explorer Outback 2 Speaker System
Design: Boasting a robust construction and a sleek design, the Ion Explorer Outback 2 is surely one of the best IPX5 water-resistant PA speakers.
This waterproof speaker system comes with two carrying handles on each side, a pair of inbuilt wheels and a telescoping handle at the top for easy portability.
More importantly, it features a user-friendly interface, an integrated bottle opener, and extra-deep cup holders.
Performance: The rugged Outback 2 is a water-resistant speaker that delivers a phenomenal audio performance while streaming your music via Bluetooth.
Powered by a 100-watt dynamic amplifier, this 2-way speaker system comes with an added bass boost function and can deliver an amazing sound. Additionally, it’s a rechargeable speaker with a robust battery life that lasts for 10 hours straight in full volume.
- Sturdy and rugged construction
- User-friendly design with easy connection
- Heavy-duty sound performance
- Excellent battery life
- The speaker is heavy (13.4 kg)
- The accessory pouch feels a bit cheap
The Explorer Outback 2 offers a heavy-duty sound for demanding indoor and outdoor spaces.
This PA system is portable thanks to its integrated handles and an inbuilt rechargeable battery that lasts for 10 continuous hours at maximum volume.
It has everything you need for your audio entertainment built in an industrial weatherproof and shockproof casing with a durable design and a rubberized frame. It’s an excellent weatherproof PA speaker for the price!
2. Best Value/Most Rugged: ECOXGEAR GDI-EXBLD810 Waterproof PA System
Design: Built in a compact and user-friendly fashion, the ECOXGEAR GDI-EXBLD810 Waterproof PA System is hands down one of the most rugged weatherproof PA speakers.
This portable PA speaker boasts of IP67 waterproof and dustproof standards, allowing it to survive all outdoor elements like dirt, snow, debris, and water.
Even better, this durable speaker system comes with a removable waterproof storage compartment to safeguard your phone and accessories.
Performance: With a 3-inch tweeter, 8” passive woofer and a full range speaker, the GDI-EXBLD810 will pump some serious tunes with up to 100 watts of dynamic power.
The sound performance is amazingly impressive, with crisp highs and clear mids as well as a surprisingly strong bass response.
Additionally, this speaker delivers a whopping battery life of 10 hours at full volume and up to 100 hours on low volume levels.
- Compact design with a user-friendly interface
- IP67 waterproof and dustproof standards
- Good battery life (up to 100 hours)
- Powerful amplifier for a massive 100watt sound
- Long range Bluetooth connectivity (up to 100ft)
- The speaker is a bit heavy
- It only projects the sound in one direction
If you need the best weatherproof PA speaker system with a phenomenal sound performance, versatility, and durability, this ECOXGEAR PA system is your solution. This IP67 waterproof speaker can withstand all outdoor elements. In fact, the speaker can float on water in case you drop it in your pool or lake. Furthermore, it has superb Bluetooth connectivity, a telescope handle and inbuilt wheels for easy portability.
3. Most Affordable: ION Audio Tailgater Express Waterproof PA System
Design: The Audio Tailgater Express is a rugged IPX4 waterproof speaker that can endure harsh conditions with confidence.
With a convenient carrying handle and a rechargeable battery, the Tailgater Express is ready for all your outdoor adventures.
Moreover, It has a simple interface for smooth operation, and you can use it to charge your phone using the featured USB port.
Performance: This weatherproof loudspeaker is powered by a 20-watt amplifier, the Tailgater Express is loud enough to rock your pool party or a karaoke party if you pair it with a microphone. The speaker’s robust 4-inch woofer delivers a high-quality sound with enough volume and bass. Furthermore, the rechargeable battery ensures you enjoy your music for up to 30 hours continuously.
- Excellent 30-hour battery life
- 20 watts dynamic power
- IPX4 water-resistant construction
- Highly affordable
- The AM radio signal is a bit weak
Overall, the Tailgater Express is the best weatherproof PA speaker for anybody looking for a lightweight and portable unit at an affordable price. It has excellent battery life and a convenient carrying handle, allowing you to take your music anywhere you need. Additionally, it has wonderful audio performance and a friendly interface for easy personalization.
4. Most Portable: ION Pathfinder II Rugged Waterproof PA System
Design: When you’re looking to have a great time outdoors regardless of the weather, the ION Pathfinder II is the way to go – its one of the best outdoor pa speakers out there.
This powerful PA speaker has rugged and water-resistant exteriors, allowing you to stream your music in any weather.
More importantly, the speaker comes with a telescoping handle, two-side carrying handles and a pair of wheels for convenient portability.
Performance: While connecting with your devices through Bluetooth, this IPX5 water-resistant speaker pumps an amazing sound through its 8” speaker. Its 2-way speaker system is powered by a dynamic amplifier, giving you 100watts of peak power. Even better, the inbuilt battery lasts for up 100 hours for non-stop fun. However, the FM radio could use a better antenna.
- Rugged, water-resistant enclosure
- Telescoping handle and wheels for portability
- Vibrant sound performance
- Reliable battery life
- Could use a better battery
- It’s a little pricey compared to other units
Firtsly, this Pathfinder II Weatherproof Loudspeakers is a little pricey compared to most PA systems on this list, but does offer features and built to account for that.
This rugged speaker is IPX5 Water-resistant, allowing you to have fun in both indoor and outdoor scenes in rain or sunshine. Additionally, it has a built-in light bar that gives the perfect touch by offering you exciting lighting effects.
5. Most Powerful: Pyle PWMDJ88BT Portable Active PA Speaker
Design: This active PA speaker system from Pyle comes with a powerful 700watt portable speaker and wireless microphone at a very affordable price.
The speaker features rugged exteriors for durability and a telescope handle for portability. Additionally, it’s equipped with six input options and flashing DJ lights that bring your outdoor parties to life.
Performance: With 7000watts peak power, this weatherproof PA speaker system is an audio powerhouse that gives you crystal clear sound.
You can connect your Smartphone or tablet through Bluetooth connectivity and also create your soundtracks using the audio recording function.
Moreover, it features a compact and powerful 4000mAh rechargeable battery that makes it convenient and easily portable.
- Full-range stereo sound with impressive bass
- Rugged and heavy duty design
- Able to record vocals through the microphone
- Convenient carrying handle
- Not fully submersible in water
Packing 700watts of peak power in a robust unit, the Pyle PWMDJ88BT Active PA Speaker is one of the most powerful weatherproof DJ speaker systems on the market. Better yet, ista outdoor pa system with wireless speakers. Thanks to its heavy-duty design and convenient carrying handle, the speaker can be used in any outdoor scene. Many people choose to mount these have speakers on walls for outdoor use. Moreover, it has flashy DJ lights that dance to the beats to create great outdoor parties.
How We Choose the Best Weatherproof PA Speakers
While there are various PA speaker systems in the market, you need to consider various factors before buying the best weatherproof PA speaker and portable pa systems for outdoor events.
These factors include:
- Portability – While all PA systems and all weatherproof loudspeakers are technically portable, you need to choose a speaker that will serve your needs well without any issues. If you plan to take the speaker to the beach or other outdoor places far from the power source, you’ll also need your weatherproof PA speaker to feature an inbuilt battery. Another great option is a portable outdoor speaker. However, your needs are all that matters regarding
- Budget – When it comes to weatherproof PA systems and weatherproof loudspeakers, you can find a wide range of products depending on your budget. Some of them cost a few hundred dollars, while some of them could go as high as a thousand dollars or more. Nevertheless, you can find some pretty good options if you are on a decent budget.
- Audio Performance – The audio performance of your PA speaker system depends on your uses. For those who need to power-up a pool party or any other medium-sized gathering, most solutions in this article will work for you without worrying about the volume or audio power.
- Additional gear required – When buying a weatherproof PA speaker, you’ll need to consider if there any additional pieces of equipment you may need before using it. That may include things like microphones, speaker stands and additional cables that will need to fit in your current budget.
There you have it, the top weatherproof PA speakers available in 2020. Based on our review, our top pick from the list would be the Ion Explorer Outback 2.
Nevertheless, all these PA speakers deliver anhttps://boomspeaker.com/plg_upd/2019/01/weatherproof-bluetooth-speakers.jpg amazing sound for those who appreciate durability and great performance at your next event. After all, these are the best portable pa systems for outdoor events.