Mounting TVs on the wall should give you a better viewing experience. However, mounting TVs may prove to be very challenging, especially if your TV comes with only two mounting holes. This article looks at TVs with two mounting holes and how to mount them.
If you find that your TV only has two mounting holes, you need to look more closely because all TVs come with four mounting holes. However, the top two holes are sometimes covered by screws which are the same as the others used all over the TV.
Can You Mount a TV With Only Two Screws?
The answer is yes; you can wall mount a TV with just two screws.
Therefore, it would help if you bought the right mount with adequate support for two-screw wall mounting. Also, choose the mount with all the features you need for the best experience.
You need to be careful when mounting a TV with only two holes if you are reusing an old TV wall mount.
Steps to Mount your TV with 2 Mounting Holes
If you follow the below steps, you can easily mount your TV even with two holes.
Step 1 – Make Sure Your TV Has Only 2 Mounting Holes
Televisions come with four mounting holes. Two mounting holes are located at the bottom of the TV. The other two holes are sometimes covered by screws similar to the other screws used on the rest of the TV.
It is, therefore, easier to think that your TV has just two mounting holes if you do not inspect properly to locate the other two.
Step 2 – Choose and Get a TV Mount
Mounting TVs to the wall should be a well-thought-out process to prevent accidents during the mounting or even damage to the TV.
Before we declare whether or not you can mount your TV on two screws, let’s look at some types of mounts you can try for your TV.
1. Low Profile Mounts
Many people prefer low-profile mounts because they are affordable. They are mainly made of plastic and are much easier to install. Also, they are more flexible and usable on any wall. However, they have limited options for support.
2. Tilting Mounts
These are costlier alternatives and are more attractive. Though they do not allow adjustments to any other direction, they can rotate up to 360 degrees on the wall and can be tilted from side to side.
3. Swivel Mounts
These mounts have a characteristic swivel feature. They require at least 8 inches of distance for wall mounting. They make it much easier to adjust the angle of TV viewing as they are adjustable in all directions.
4. Full-Motion Mounts (Recommended)
These are by far considered the best TV mounts as they offer the highest flexibility in terms of tilt, rotation, and height adjustment. They can pivot 180 degrees each way, offer full rotation up to 360 degrees on a platform, and permit the TV’s side-to-side tilting. They are, however, costly.
Step 3 – Mount the TV on the Wall
- Get drywall anchors that can support the weight of your TV. These will support the screws not to come out of the wall.
- Mark the location on the wall where the TV will be mounted and mark the points for the anchors.
- Drill holes in the marked spots and insert the drywall anchors into the wall.
- Insert the little tab inside every anchor into the screw hole from the TV mount.
- Screw the screws tightly into the anchors to hold the TV tightly in place without damaging the wall.
- Confirm that the mounted TV is stable and the weight is adequately supported by the two screw points.
Don’t break a sweat if your TV came with only two holes. You can still mount it with just two holes on the back. Besides, screwing the TV on two contact points will make it much more stable than having just one point of contact on it, particularly if it weighs below 40 pounds.
We generally do not recommend mounting your TV with just two screws because of the weight of most TVs. This is especially true if you are putting 2 or 3 TVs on your wall or if the wall is weak.
TV Wall Mount Tips & Precautions
Here are some of the necessary instructions to follow when mounting your TV to the wall:
- Do not over-tighten screws during the mount.
- Use screws that are long enough for the studs behind the drywall not to cause any damage.
- Do not use screws that appear old or rusty.
- Please choose the right mount and buy it with all the required features for the best experience.
- Do not mount the TV too high up on the wall.
- Use a VESA wall mount to mount your TVs.
- Check that the weight of your TV does not exceed the maximum weight requirements of your TV.
- Take a photo of the serial number tag on the back of the TV before mounting it, to use in case you need warranty service for your TV in the future.
TCL 32 Inch TV Wall Mount Screw Size
The size of the screw for mounting the TV depends on the TV’s weight. 32-inch TCL TVs come in different models. Below are the three different models and the wall mount screw size required:
- 32D100 – M4 x 12
- 32S301 – M4 x 12
- 32S305 – M4 x 12
- 32S331 – M4 x 12
To wrap things up, installing a TV with just two visible mounting holes may appear hard, but it’s doable and can dramatically enhance your watching experience. It’s vital to perform a check to find any hidden holes and confirm the usage of all four mounting spots provided by the company. This article has guided you through the procedure of picking the right mount for your requirements and the steps for a safe setup.
Remember the need for utilizing a fitting mount, fixing it with the right screws, and adhering to safety precautions to prevent wall or TV damage. By sticking to the given guide, including deciding on the right mount model, whether low profile, tilting, rotating or full-motion; and using the right screw size (like an M4 x 12 for various 32-inch TCL models), you can obtain a steady and secure configuration. Appropriate installation doesn’t just secure an optimal watching angle but also safeguards your investement in the long haul.