With the progression of technology, sound-bars have become a necessity when dealing with modern large TVs. TVs are now made much wider but thinner often leaving you with average quality audio. Choosing a soundbar for these large TVs can be difficult so in the article, we will cover how you can find the best soundbar for large TVs, for example, we’ll answer the question – what is the best soundbar for 65 inch TVs?
This is due to less space being available inside TVs to house good quality speakers. The purpose of the sound-bar is then to convert average audio into crisp, cinema-quality sound giving your neighbors and friends a healthy dose of envy.
Important Factors When Buying A Soundbar For Large TVs
- Think about how much it is, that you a willing to spend.
- Does the design suit your space and room layout?
- How much room space do you have available?
- Do you require wireless connectivity or a subwoofer?
- What is it that you wish to improve e.g. speech clarity?
- Size of the TV e.g. 32 inch (81cm) or a whopping 65 inches (165cm).
- How old is your current TV and is it compatible?
- Does the soundbar have subwoofer pre out?
- Does the soundbar have HDMI passthrough?
How Do I Narrow Down The Best Sound-Bars
After some research, I’ve narrowed down the soundbars into 3 categories according to budget, size, and general all-rounders.
The great news is that they are all multi-room capable but you still have the option to include external subwoofers if needed. Here are some of the best Soundbars For 65 Inch TVs:
1. The All-Rounder – Sonos Play-Base Sound-Base
Dimensions: 72 × 38 × 5.8 cm | Weight: 8.6 Kg | Connectivity: Alexa Voice Control, Bluetooth, Remote/App Controlled, Streaming, Subwoofer Output, Optical Audio & Ethernet.
- The sleek soundbase for TV, movies, music, and more
- Playbase practically disappears beneath the TV while its ten amplified speaker drivers deliver deep booms and...
- Stream sound directly from your iPhone or iPad and ask Siri to play Apple Music
This Sonos sound-base is another fan favorite that preserves your space but provides you with clear, cinematic audio at a mid-range price.
It provides a perfect balance with all your tech needs including Alexa voice control, blue-tooth connectivity, and crisp audio clarity.
It also doubles as a TV stand. All of this with a simple two-minute setup!
2. The Most Compact – Bose Solo 5 Sound-Bar
Dimensions: 8.6 cm x 54.9 × 7.1 | Weight: 1.68 kg | Connectivity: Bluetooth, Voice Controlled, Coaxial Audio input, Optical Audio Input, & 3.5 mm Aux Input. The Bose Solo 5 sound-bars are for those who want practicality and affordability.
- Single sound bar provides better sound quality compared to your TV.The Solo 5 TV sound system is an easy...
- Dialogue mode to make every word and detail stand out
- Bluetooth connectivity to wirelessly stream music from any of your devices
It doesn’t take up a lot of space and is from a reputable brand consistent for producing high-quality audio. The design is robust but can be wall-mounted if needed and only weighs 1.6 kg.
It features adjustable, bass amplification as well as blue-tooth connectivity and has a universal remote which not many sound-bars can boast. The bass conveniently eliminates the need for additional subwoofers to preserve your space.
3. Best Smart Soundbar – Bose Soundbar 700 with Alexa
Dimensions: 38.5” x 2.25” x 4.25” | Weight: 10.5 pounds | Connectivity: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Apple airplay 2
- The best performing sound bar from Bose, featuring an unmatched combination of sophisticated design and...
- Built in voice assistants, like Alexa and the Google Assistant, with superior voice pickup from a noise...
- With Wi Fi, Bluetooth, and Apple airplay 2 compatibility, you can wirelessly stream whatever you want, however...
The best performing soundbar from Bose and is consistently rated as #1 on many must-have lists. What makes it so special is the incorporation of format- Dolby Digital technology, optional Bose bass Module, and Bose Surround Speakers that provide enough power to fill an entire room and then some.
How Do You Choose A Soundbar?
When dealing with larger TVs; people often prefer the sound to match especially many modern TVs come with such superb graphics.
They want to be absorbed into the cinematic environment and in order for that to happen, you’ll need great audio quality.
According to many tech experts, a soundbar should be roughly the same width as your V but typically any soundbar will do regardless of size.A soundbar should fit correctly into your space and you need to ensure that you choose one that is specific for your room e.g. small, medium, large etc.
You also need to think about how it will integrate with your TV, does it need to be wall-mounted or can it sit on the TV cabinet.
For instance, if you have a large 65-inch TV in a small living room perhaps it would be best to find one that is wall-mountable as it will avoid cluttering your space.
This is especially important if your TV is set on a table which would prevent too much weight being placed on it.
Which Type Of Soundbar Should You Choose?
There are two types; regular sound-bars and sound-bases, each works very similarly to each other with slightly different specifications.
Normal sound-bars are narrow, rectangular bars that enhance the clarity and crispness of whatever you are watching.
When compared to sound-bases, they are often wider and allows more amplification of sound to both the left and right fields.
Many modern soundbars now come with an external subwoofer for extra power or it can be built into safe space. They can be either be wall-mounted or seated below on a shelf. It is probably the closest that you can get to a surround sound effect.
Sound-bases on the other hand, tend to be deeper in diameter but with a narrower width designed to be seated below the TV itself as they are heavier.
As a result of the increase in depth, they allow better quality audio, amplification and bass effect. They take up more space but are great all-rounders lessening the need for an extra subwoofer.
Some sound-bases are not crisp in audio quality due to stereo channels being too close to each other which can even happen to smaller sound-bars.
Connecting Your TV To The Soundbar
By the way, once you’ve got your TV, if you are having issues connecting your soundbar to your TV, check out the guides below:
- How to connect your soundbar to a Samsung smart TV using Bluetooth
- How to connect your soundbar to a Samsung TV using an optical cable
- How to connect your soundbar to a Samsung TV using AUX
In Conclusion, getting a sound-bar/base will depend on where your interests lie as both have their pros and cons. If you’re looking for great quality audio wrapped in sleek packaging then a regular soundbar might be what you need.
However, if you are looking for a great all-rounder and not entirely worried about space then consider a sound-base.
The most important are the factors listed above as well the soundbar’s compatibility to your TV so that they can work together seamlessly. So that’s it, the complete guide to the best Soundbars For 65 Inch TVs.