Most Roku TV owners do not know what to do when their TV goes to recovery mode. In this article, we focus on helping you resolve your Roku TV recovery mode issue.
How Do I Get My TCL TV Out Of Recovery Mode?
Several Roku TV users get stuck on the recovery mode screen for not knowing what to do to continue watching their favorite TV programs.
Also, a number of Roku TV users feel stuck in the recovery mode loop and are not able to resolve this as the TV keeps showing the screen even after restarting the TV.
So, how do you get the TV out of the recovery mode? Read on to learn from some of the commonly used fixes.
1. Soft Reset
A soft reset is one of the simplest and easiest methods you can use to get your TV off the recovery mode.
Here, you will be required to do more than just turning on and off the TV with a physical button or remote control.
Here’s the procedure:
Step 1: Unplug The TV
While the TV remains on, plug out the power cord from the mains socket. Wait for about 60 seconds and plug the TV cord back to the socket.
Step 2: Turn On The TV
Now turn back your TV and modem on and check if the recovery mode issue is resolved.
If the Roku TV is still stuck in recovery mode, use your remote control to retry the soft reset.
On the remote control, press the “Home” button 5 times, followed by the “Up” button 1 time, the “Rewind” button 2 times, and the “Fast Forward” button 2 times. Check if the problem is resolved.
2. Change The Batteries
Another problem that is likely to cause your Roku TV to go into recovery mode is your TV controller.
If the TV can’t get out of recovery mode even after pressing several buttons on the remote control, then the Roku TV remote may have run out of batteries. Replace the old remote batteries with new ones and check if the problem is solved.
3. Hard Reset The TV
If your TV is still stuck in recovery mode, then hard resetting it may help. Follow the steps below to get your Roku TV through hard reset:
- Begin by unplugging the TV from the power socket
- Press and hold the physical power button on the TV for about 30 seconds
- Release the power button and wait for about 30 minutes
- Now plug back the TV to power
- Turn the TV on and check if the recovery mode is out
If the problem is not resolved, check the internet as described below.
4. Check The Internet Connection
If the recovery mode persists even after trying the methods above, then you may be on a weak internet connection.
You can check this by playing some music online e.g. on YouTube with your laptop or smartphone.
If the music plays without any issue, then the problem is not your internet connectivity. However, if the music plays intermittently, you will need to talk to the Internet Service Provider to resolve the connection.
You can then restart the TV, reconnect to a network, and check if the issue is resolved. If the problem persists, you may need to factory reset your TCL TV.
5. Factory Reset Your TCL TV
To factory reset your TCL TV, follow the steps below:
- Locate the reset button on the back of the Roku TV
- Press and hold the reset button for about 30 seconds to reset the TV
- When the reset is complete, unplug the TV from the power socket
- Now hold the reset button while plugging in your TV back and release the button when the TV turns on
- Set up the Roku TV
6. Reset The TCL TV
If all the methods fail, try this reset to get back your Roku TV.
- Press the reset button on the back of the TV
- Press the reset button again and again until a solid white light appears on the power button
- Once the solid white light appears, release the reset button
- Press and hold the power button until the TV starts
- Set up your TV
If all the methods we have described above fails to get your TCL TV out of the recovery mode, contact Roku TV customer support to help you with the recovery process. If the TV is under warranty, you can also request for a repair or replacement.
How To Reset TCL Roku TV Without Remote
to reset your Roku TV without a remote, find the reset button on the back of the TV and press the button to initiate a factory reset.
If the reset button is not available on the TV, press the mute and power buttons together to start the reset. You can also use the Roku Remote App to reset the TV without using a physical remote control.
How To Factory Reset TCL Roku TV With Black Screen
the black screen problem appears to be more common among Roku TV users. Black screens may be a result of a faulty power cable or a problem with the backlight. If you experience black screen problems occasionally with your TV, here’s how to factory reset it.
Method 1: Restart The TV
To resolve the black screen by restarting the TV, follow the steps below:
- Click the “Home” button five times
- Click the “Up” button once
- Click the “Rewind” button twice
- Click the “Fast Forward” button twice
Method 2: Power Reset
In order to power reset your Roku TV, follow the steps below:
- Turn off the TV with a remote
- Unplug the power cord and wait for 5 minutes
- Plug back the power cord
- Check if the problem is resolved
Method 3: Check The Cable Connections
As we mentioned, the cable connection could either be poor or the cable is faulty. Check that all the cables on the back of your Roku TV are plugged in well.
If you are using HDMI cables, make sure the devices are all in good working condition and that the cable is also working and well fixed. For example, if your Roku TV is connected to a Bluetooth soundbar, make sure to check that as well.
TCL Roku TV Restart Loop
To resolve a restart loop problem:
- Unplug the TV from the wall socket
- Press and hold the power button on the TV for about 15 seconds
- Check if the problem is resolved
Need A New TV?
If you are fed up with your TCL Roku TV and you are looking for a different brand for your Roku, check out the following guides: