In this article, we will discuss how to stream a single source device to multiple TVs regardless of your display needs and preference. After reading, you will be able to link two or more TVs together so they can show the same content without the need for extra cables or a receiver.
How To Display Same Content On Multiple Smart TVs
However, the practice is becoming more common especially in large auditorium halls and restaurants. If you are looking for a DIY technique to stream multiple TVs using just one source, this section takes you through the approaches.
· Using HDMI Cable & Splitter or HDMI Distribution Amplifier
i. Using HDMI Cable & Splitter
You can easily stream to multiple TVs with one source using an HDMI cable. You will need two TVs, HDMI cables, an HDMI splitter, and a signal source.
Follow the steps below to successfully connect and stream two or more TVs with one source.
- Set up HDMI cables from your TV sets. Make sure the cables are long enough to be easily wired to the source device. You may need up to 100 feet of HDMI cable if you are operating the devices in a large room. Make sure both TVs are properly connected.
- Create two spots for the two television sets. You can easily do this by plugging an HDMI splitter at the media source.
- Once you set up the splitter, plug the HDMI cable coming from each TV set into the splitter.
- Test the two television sets simultaneously to check if the connection is successfully established.
- Confirm that every one of the two televisions is displaying the same content and are working in the same way.
With this form of connection, you can easily add more television sets to the system with a bigger HDMI splitter. Just ensure you are using TVs of similar models for more efficient and consistent display quality.
ii. HDMI Distribution Amplifier
An HDMI distraction amplifier is a device used to split a source signal into multiple copies of itself so it is even across the outputs. You can find out more about HDMI distribution amplifiers and how to use them here.
· Using The S-Video Input Or RCA
Follow the steps below:
- Check and confirm that the two televisions have similar s-video inputs or RCA. If you have an HDTV, you are more likely to get a wider range of connectivity.
- Connect your video source to the video distribution amplifier (VDA). The video output of the video source is wired to the video input of the VDA. The amplifier doubles the signal and makes it easier for streaming into two devices.
- Now connect the video cables from the VDA into the video inputs of the TVs that you have set up.
- Use the television remote control to choose the right video inputs. You can also use TV monitors to make this selection.
Although this method may not give you the best quality video displays, t will help you wire and stream to multiple TVs with just any single source of the signal.
· Using The Television BroadLink
BroadLink is a smart IoT remote control that you can use to control various home appliances such as TVs. You can use it to easily get your source to display on multiple TVs.
This method is however used where a large display is desired. If you want a larger screen similar to the display at the cinema or stadium, you can combine several television screens and stream to them with one source. Follow the steps below to achieve this connection:
Connect the TVs in even numbers. For instance, you can link 2, 4, 6, or 8 television screens together. You can easily do this with a video wall controller or daisy chain style with HDMI cables.
Both the Wall Controller and Daisy Chain Style helps you to configure the system into a 2×2 setting. Once this configuration is achieved, the media source is then connected directly to it. Both of the methods deliver larger content.
· Using Chromecast
The method does not use any wired connection. It however utilizes a cast system linking the TVs via a wireless connection.
This is therefore a more specialized method than any of the ones discussed above. This method is more relevant in situations where you stream media from the internet with a laptop or desktop computer and need to share the streams on linked TVs.
How To Simultaneously Cast To Multiple TVs Using Chromecast
Follow the steps below to cast media to multiple TVs with Chromecast:
- Acquire Chromecast
- Install or add Chromecast extension
- Once installed, check the top right corner of the control panel to locate the two boxes that represent the two linked TVs.
- Open the media you prefer to cast to the televisions
- Select the tv where you want the content to be displayed
How To Mirror TV To TV HDMI
You can easily mirror a TV to another TV with HDMI is possible. However, if you want HD display on the other TV, the connection has to be done with an HDMI splitter with another HDMI cable.
If the two TVs are far apart, you will need a longer HDMI cable. The cable is wired to the source device, and then to the TV through the HDMI splitter.
How Do You Get 4 TVs To One Display
Getting 4 TVs to one display is easy with a broad link as described above. You will need to determine the dimensions of the display needed. Select the number of screens to utilize and mount them to the wall.
Once connected, connect Enplug to every screen, and to an Enplug device. This is easily done with an HDMI cable.
Do You Need Two Cable Boxes (For Two TVs)
Whether you need two cable boxes for two TVs? Here’s what you need to know.
Normally, it is recommended that every TV be connected to an independent cable box. However, you may have two rooms and prefer to display same content to the two TVs in the two rooms.
You can use a coaxial cable splitter or wireless cable transmitter to wire the two TVs to a single cable box. This is a simple DIY process that also helps you save money.
How To Set Up A Second Tv In Another Room
Connecting another TV in another room is easy. Begin by unpacking my wireless tv2 transmitter, power adapter, and HDMI cable.
Switch it off and connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the input of the transmitter. Plug the power adapter into the transmitter and wall socket, and confirm that the green light is on.
Switch on the TV. Change input to HDMI, and wait until the link light displays as solid green. You can also set up a connection for the source using the remote. Enjoy the streaming.
Wirelessly Stream To Multiple TVs
Are you still wondering if you can wirelessly stream to multiple TVs in your room or several other rooms?
We have described this process already. Follow the steps with a Chromecast to successfully have your TVs streaming from a single source without worrying about cables.