Table of Contents
- 1 How To Display Same Content On Multiple Smart TVs
- 2 How To Simultaneously Cast To Multiple TVs Using Chromecast
- 3 How To Mirror TV To TV HDMI
- 4 Can You Cast To Two Smart TVs At Once?
- 5 How Do You Get 4 TVs To One Display
- 6 Do You Need Two Cable Boxes (For Two TVs)
- 7 How To Set Up A Second Tv In Another Room
- 8 Wirelessly Stream To Multiple TVs
- 9 Screen Mirroring Multiple TVs
- 10 Cast To Multiple TVs Android
- 11 Wireless Screen Mirroring Multiple TVs
- 12 Multiple TVs On Wall
- 13 Stream To Multiple Tvs Using A Single Source
- 14 Best Setup For Multiple TVs
- 15 Connecting Multiple Tvs To Make One Picture
- 16 Windows Cast To Multiple TVs
In this article, we will discuss how to stream a single source device to multiple TVs regardless of your display needs and preference. After reading, you will be able to link two or more TVs together so they can show the same content without the need for extra cables or a receiver.
How To Display Same Content On Multiple Smart TVs
However, the practice is becoming more common especially in large auditorium halls and restaurants. If you are looking for a DIY technique to stream multiple TVs using just one source, this section takes you through the approaches.
· Using HDMI Cable & Splitter or HDMI Distribution Amplifier
i. Using HDMI Cable & Splitter
You can easily stream to multiple TVs with one source using an HDMI cable. You will need two TVs, HDMI cables, an HDMI splitter, and a signal source.
Follow the steps below to successfully connect and stream two or more TVs with one source.
- Set up HDMI cables from your TV sets. Make sure the cables are long enough to be easily wired to the source device. You may need up to 100 feet of HDMI cable if you are operating the devices in a large room. Make sure both TVs are properly connected.
- Create two spots for the two television sets. You can easily do this by plugging an HDMI splitter at the media source.
- Once you set up the splitter, plug the HDMI cable coming from each TV set into the splitter.
- Test the two television sets simultaneously to check if the connection is successfully established.
- Confirm that every one of the two televisions is displaying the same content and are working in the same way.
With this form of connection, you can easily add more television sets to the system with a bigger HDMI splitter. Just ensure you are using TVs of similar models for more efficient and consistent display quality.
ii. HDMI Distribution Amplifier
An HDMI distraction amplifier is a device used to split a source signal into multiple copies of itself so it is even across the outputs. You can find out more about HDMI distribution amplifiers and how to use them here.
· Using The S-Video Input Or RCA
Follow the steps below:
- Check and confirm that the two televisions have similar s-video inputs or RCA. If you have an HDTV, you are more likely to get a wider range of connectivity.
- Connect your video source to the video distribution amplifier (VDA). The video output of the video source is wired to the video input of the VDA. The amplifier doubles the signal and makes it easier for streaming into two devices.
- Now connect the video cables from the VDA into the video inputs of the TVs that you have set up.
- Use the television remote control to choose the right video inputs. You can also use TV monitors to make this selection.
Although this method may not give you the best quality video displays, t will help you wire and stream to multiple TVs with just any single source of the signal.
· Using The Television BroadLink
BroadLink is a smart IoT remote control that you can use to control various home appliances such as TVs. You can use it to easily get your source to display on multiple TVs.
This method is however used where a large display is desired. If you want a larger screen similar to the display at the cinema or stadium, you can combine several television screens and stream to them with one source. Follow the steps below to achieve this connection:
Connect the TVs in even numbers. For instance, you can link 2, 4, 6, or 8 television screens together. You can easily do this with a video wall controller or daisy chain style with HDMI cables.
Both the Wall Controller and Daisy Chain Style helps you to configure the system into a 2×2 setting. Once this configuration is achieved, the media source is then connected directly to it. Both of the methods deliver larger content.
· Using Chromecast
The method does not use any wired connection. It however utilizes a cast system linking the TVs via a wireless connection.
This is therefore a more specialized method than any of the ones discussed above. This method is more relevant in situations where you stream media from the internet with a laptop or desktop computer and need to share the streams on linked TVs.
How To Simultaneously Cast To Multiple TVs Using Chromecast
Follow the steps below to cast media to multiple TVs with Chromecast:
- Acquire Chromecast
- Install or add Chromecast extension
- Once installed, check the top right corner of the control panel to locate the two boxes that represent the two linked TVs.
- Open the media you prefer to cast to the televisions
- Select the tv where you want the content to be displayed
How To Mirror TV To TV HDMI
You can easily mirror a TV to another TV with HDMI is possible. However, if you want HD display on the other TV, the connection has to be done with an HDMI splitter with another HDMI cable.
If the two TVs are far apart, you will need a longer HDMI cable. The cable is wired to the source device, and then to the TV through the HDMI splitter.
Can You Cast To Two Smart TVs At Once?
Yes, it is possible to do this by using Chromecast, which can either be connected to two TVs by using an HDMI Splitter or using two Chromecasts, one on each TV.
How Do You Get 4 TVs To One Display
Getting 4 TVs to one display is easy with a broad link as described above. You will need to determine the dimensions of the display needed. Select the number of screens to utilize and mount them to the wall.
Once connected, connect Enplug to every screen, and to an Enplug device. This is easily done with an HDMI cable.
Do You Need Two Cable Boxes (For Two TVs)
Whether you need two cable boxes for two TVs? Here’s what you need to know.
Normally, it is recommended that every TV be connected to an independent cable box. However, you may have two rooms and prefer to display same content to the two TVs in the two rooms.
You can use a coaxial cable splitter or wireless cable transmitter to wire the two TVs to a single cable box. This is a simple DIY process that also helps you save money.
How To Set Up A Second Tv In Another Room
Connecting another TV in another room is easy. Begin by unpacking my wireless tv2 transmitter, power adapter, and HDMI cable.
Switch it off and connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the input of the transmitter. Plug the power adapter into the transmitter and wall socket, and confirm that the green light is on.
Switch on the TV. Change input to HDMI, and wait until the link light displays as solid green. You can also set up a connection for the source using the remote. Enjoy the streaming.
Wirelessly Stream To Multiple TVs
Please note that when using multiple TVs at the same time, you will be very dependent on your TV remote. This may cause interference. You can check out our guide on how to stop your TV remote from controlling two TVs.
Are you still wondering if you can wirelessly stream to multiple TVs in your room or several other rooms?
You can do this using a Chromecast device. We have described this process already. Follow the steps with a Chromecast to successfully have your TVs streaming from a single source without worrying about cables.
Screen Mirroring Multiple TVs
You can screen mirror into multiple TVs from a single source for office, gaming, or even home viewing in different rooms. Here are some of the methods to use:
- Using HDMI cables
- Using S-video input or RCA
- Using Television broad link
- Using Chromecast
Cast To Multiple TVs Android
You can now mirror an Android phone to a smart Tv by following the steps below.
Step 1: Swipe down twice your phone screen from the top to access the Quick Settings panel and choose Cast.
Step 2: You can select the Screen Cast option by tapping Edit and locating the toggle.
Step 3: Hold and drag the cast button to access the Quick settings
Step 4: Click the screencast button to check if your smart Tv is on the list
Step 5: Tap on your Tv’s name to mirror your Android phone
To stop screen mirroring, go to the Quick Settings panel and tap on the Cast toggle to turn it off. Remember this feature is only available on Android 5.0 or later.
Wireless Screen Mirroring Multiple TVs
Screen mirroring to multiple TVs is now very easy. You can quickly try this trick at home with Chromecast or the Ditto app.
We already discussed how wirelessly screen mirror multiple TVs with Chromecast above. Please read how to use the Ditto app below to mirror on various TVs from PC.
Multiple TVs On Wall
Having multiple TVs on the wall is a reality that many people are now trying at home, hotels, and even gaming theaters.
You can either mirror multiple TVs on a wall from a single source or use different sources for individual TVs. Also, the sizes of the TVs do not have to be the same, and the number can be even or odd.
Stream To Multiple Tvs Using A Single Source
Stream using HDMI cable:
- Set up the HDMI cable from both TVs. Make sure the cable is long enough to reach the media source
- Connect an HDIM splitter into the media source
- Plug the HDMI cable from each Tv to the HDMI splitter
- Test the TVs
Best Setup For Multiple TVs
If you plan to set up multiple TVs, the best setup will generally depend on the purpose of the setup you are trying to achieve.
Whether you intend to view different programs simultaneously or you want to mirror on multiple TVs from a single source, setting up multiple TVs is not limited to a standard method.
However, if you connect multiple TVs to make one picture, ensure you have an even number of TV units.
Connecting Multiple Tvs To Make One Picture
You can connect multiple TVs to make one picture with the television broad link. If you need an expansive display for stadiums or a large audience, connecting multiple TVs to make one picture is one innovative way to magnify your pictures.
However, you can only connect an even number of TVs such as 2, 4, or 6 to produce a good view.
- Connect the Tvs in even numbers such as 2, 4, 6 or 8
- You can either connect the TVs with the Daisy Chain technique with the help of an HDMI or use the Video Wall Controller method.
- Alternatively, you can configure the wall controller to 2 x 2 settings and then connect the media source right into it.
Windows Cast To Multiple TVs
You can easily cast your Windows PC to multiple Apple TVs with Ditto. Ditto works as an alternative to AirPlay or Google Cast to mirror your Windows PC. you, however, need to create a Ditto account before you can set up Ditto on the Apple TVs. Here’s the step-by-step process:
Step 1: Download and install the Ditto app. Create an account and launch the Dito Connect application account on your PC.
Step 2: Open the Ditto receiver application on the Apple TVs you intend to mirror your Windows PC.
Step 3: Enter the room code that your Apple Tv displays into the Ditto connect application on your PC and click “Connect.”
Step 4: Click “Start sharing.”
Step 5: Your Windows PC will now mirror each of the Ditto-enabled Apple TVs.
Remember, you can also use the “Specific Application” setting to mirror specific applications only while keeping the rest of your desktop hidden.