Sonos one Gen 2 is a great speaker, and it’s worth the upgrade. It sounds clearer and has better bass than the original Sonos One. The new amplifier and tweeter design give it a richer sound.
The speaker looks great, and it’s straightforward to set up. There are no buttons, which is nice. You plug it into the wall and connect the speaker with your phone to start setting up on its own.
This speaker has a better sound than the original Sonos One. The new amplifier and tweeter design give it a richer sound that sounds clearer than before.
If you’re someone who likes to listen to music without having to mess around with your phone, then you’ll love this speaker. With the touch of a button on top of the speaker, you can play, pause, or skip songs right on the speaker itself.
This is especially great for parties when you want to set up speakers all around but don’t want people to be messing with their phones.
The portability of this speaker is excellent. It connects wirelessly to your home WiFi network, so you can take it anywhere in your house and play your favorite music. I’ve even taken mine into the backyard while I was gardening.
Pricing and Budget
The speaker comes in two different sizes, one that’s bigger and one that’s smaller. The bigger one is called the Sonos One Gen 2, and it costs about $190 – $220. The smaller one is called the Sonos One S2, and it costs about $150 – $170.
- Enjoy great sound and Alexa voice control in up to two rooms.
- Start and control music with your voice, with Amazon Alexa built right in.
- Fill two rooms in your home with rich, crystal clear sound, the perfect way to begin your Sonos system. Or...
If you’re wondering what difference there is between the big one and the small one aside from price, there are no differences. They both have fantastic sound quality, they both have voice control, and they both have an excellent design. It all depends on what size of speaker you want to buy.
If you’re wondering how much this speaker will cost you to run every year, it would be roughly $14-$20, depending on where you live.
One of the best things about Sonos one Gen 2 is how clear and crisp the sound is. You can hear every detail in the music, from the drums to the vocals.
It’s a huge improvement from their first speaker, which had a muffled sound. This sound quality is also suitable for listening to podcasts and other spoken-word content.
The first thing you’ll probably notice about Sonos one Gen 2 is that it has a much richer bass than the original version. The bass sounds so much better now because it has an amplifier and a tweeter design that helps with this problem area.
The most significant difference between the two speakers is that Sonos one Gen 2 has built-in far-field microphones that let you control your speaker or phone hands-free with just your voice.
There are many good reasons to upgrade to the new Sonos one Gen 2. The first is that it has better connectivity. The original Sonos one supports 802.11 b/g/n wireless, but the new Sonos one supports 802.11 a/c for better coverage and faster speeds.
This means if you have a strong connection with your router, you’ll be able to stream music more quickly and seamlessly than before.
The new Sonos speaker also supports Apple AirPlay 2, which means that you can play music from your Apple device without any interruptions or cutouts. You don’t have to worry about starting an internet radio station when all of your favorite songs are stored on your phone.
Another cool thing is that the connection is encrypted when you’re using Wi-Fi with this speaker.
Hackers might intercept your data with opportunistic wireless networks and use it for nefarious purposes like identity theft or credit card fraud. With encrypted connections, you protect yourself against all of those threats, so your data stays safe and secure.
When purchasing a Sonos One, the first thing to consider is how much space you have. This speaker is small and compact but still delivers a great sound. One of the drawbacks is that it will only play music from your phone or tablet, not anything plugged into an auxiliary port.
One of the best features of the Sonos One is its ability to communicate with other Sonos speakers in your home.
If you have two or more speakers placed in different rooms, the One can play the same song throughout all of them at once or other songs in different rooms. You can also group-specific speakers for a multi-room party experience.
This speaker sounds amazing and has many cool features. The biggest downside might be the price tag. It’s worth it if you have enough space for it, though.
Pros of Sonos One Gen 2
- It sounds clearer and has better bass than the original Sonos One
- The new amplifier and tweeter design give it a richer sound
- It features built-in far-field microphones that pick up your voice commands from across the room without you having to yell at your speaker or phone
- The Sonos app has also been redesigned for iOS 11, so it looks better than ever before on the latest iPhone and iPad models
Cons of Sonos One Gen 2
- The speaker is expensive
- It’s not waterproof
- The sound quality isn’t excellent when you go outdoors
Why You Need to Buy Sonos One Gen 2
- The new amplifier and tweeter design give it a richer sound so that you can hear more detail in your favorite songs.
- With the Sonos app, you can easily connect multiple speakers to fill the whole room with music.
- Its built-in far-field microphones allow you to control volume, skip songs, listen to radio stations, and take hands-free calls with just your voice.
- It works seamlessly with Amazon Alexa or Apple’s Siri to play music from the services you love, like Spotify or Pandora directly on Sonos One Gen 2 without needing an extra device.
- It is compatible with any speaker platform that supports AirPlay 2 for seamless streaming of different audio sources in one room
Sonos one Gen 2 is smarter. It features built-in far-field microphones that pick up your voice commands from across the room without you having to yell at your speaker or phone.
This means you can control volume, skip songs, listen to radio stations, and take hands-free calls with just your voice. The Sonos app has also been redesigned for iOS 11, which looks better than ever before on the latest iPhone and iPad models.
The Sonos One Gen 2 is a fantastic speaker for those willing to spend the money. It’s well-designed, portable has excellent sound quality, and can be connected to other speakers for a louder sound. This is a must-have speaker if the cons are not a concern for you. If you want something similar to the Sonos Gen 2 but you don’t have the budget, check out our guide on Sonos One Gen 1 vs Sonos One Gen 2.