When it comes to smartphones and wearable devices, smartwatches offer the ultimate user experience. Most smartwatches can perform several different tasks, but only a few of them can record or play audio.
That’s because most manufacturers shy away from the added expense that involves adding a speaker and a microphone on a wearable.
This is especially true for thin smartwatches. However, we believe if you are looking for the complete experience, it’s best you look for smartwatches with speakerphones.
While the market is flooded with all kinds of smartwatch brands, it can be difficult to find a product that suits your needs.
That is especially if you want a device that has an audio capability, allowing you to listen to music, make calls and set a ringtone for notifications. We have taken the time to prepare this guide to the best smartwatches with speakerphones on the market.
By the way, you can check out our list of the best smartwatches with cameras and wifi as well.
Here are the best options that have a speaker and mic:
Top Three Picks
1. Best Overall: Samsung Gear S3
The first on our list of smartwatches with speakerphone is the Samsung Gear 3. Coming with a variety of interesting features, the Samsung Gear S3 rivals major smartwatch brands in the market.
Its features include a heart rate monitor, GPS, activity tracking, water resistance, and an altimeter.
This huge timepiece pairs all this together with a nice screen and excellent speakers for audio functionality. This smartwatch also has a great battery life, lasting for about 2-3 days while in use.
The Samsung Gear S3 is available in two designs, offering a classic or a frontier look.
In both cases, the watch feels like a huge sports watch on your wrist and weighs between 59g and 62g.
It’s undeniably a superior-quality watch and a great choice if you want to achieve an eye-catching look. Check out all the faces below:
The Gear S3 runs on a Fizen operating system, but it’s compatible with many Android devices. It comes as a complete stand-alone cell-phone on your wrist, with LTE phone services.
This smartwatch can share several applications with your android phone, and you can add a pair of Bluetooth headsets to pick up discreet calls. However, you can use the inbuilt speaker and microphone.
|Activity tracking and a heart-rate monitor
|Limited app selection
|Great Battery life
|Superior quality and sleek design
- A distinctive steel bezel that you can rotate to access apps and notifications, strap with buckle: 2.76...
- Text, call and get notifications directly from your watch through your bluetooth connected smartwatch. Battery...
- Make payments with Samsung pay almost anywhere you swipe or tap a credit card; Battery type and Size: 380mAh...
2. Best Smartwatch For Women: Fitbit Versa
Fitbit Versa is a leading smartwatch from a San Francisco-based health company. The watch boasts of lighter design than most of its predecessors, with its rechargeable battery lasting for more than four days.
Aside from an updated design, the Versa boasts a brilliantly clear and bright display, while giving you a light and comfortable feel on your hand. It also features the unique Fitbit’s “Squircle” watch face design which gives you a square face with round edges.
In an attempt to always be among the best smartwatches for women, the Versa is brimming with great fitness features.
These features are also available in other smartwatches like the Apple Watch 4, Apple Watch 3, and the Fitbit Ionic, with the omission of GPS.
The battery life is quite impressive, lasting for 3-4 days per single charge. You will also be impressed by the watch’s nippy performance, making it easy to track all, your workouts and connect it to your phone for receiving notifications and calls.
Additionally, it comes with Fitbit’s proprietary charger that uses a clip-in dock to charge more easily than the magnetic pin used by the Fitbit Iconic.
|Relatively affordable price
|The rounded design isn’t for everyone
|Reliable battery life
|It’s the most customizable wearable
- Includes all Versa Lite Edition features plus: store and play 300 plus songs, utilize on screen workouts that...
- Track your all day activity, 24/7 heart rate, & sleep stages, all with a 4 plus day battery life (varies with...
- Use 15 plus exercise modes like run or swim (Fitbit versa is water resistant to 50 meters, we do not recommend...
3. Best Casing and Strap: Apple Watch 3
As a replacement for the Watch 2, the Apple Watch 3 comes in two types (one with inbuilt cellular connectivity and one with just a GPS system).
Both types are better than their predecessors, and they come with a cycle and run track system for fitness.
The watch also comes with a water-resistant casing for swimming, but the GPS won’t work well underwater.
Like its processor, the Apple Watch 3 has a speaker and a microphone onboard.
That means you can pick and make calls with this smartwatch, even without having your phone with you. However, the watch is completely dependent on your phone while making calls, though it comes with a standalone feature.
The speaker gives excellent audio clarity, and the microphone has excellent sensitivity while making a call.
That means you can comfortably enjoy your conversation, without having to hold it over your head. You may be surprised, but this is a shortcoming of many smartwatches with speakerphone.
In terms of design, the Apple 3 is one of the thinnest smartachchest out there as well.
|World-class build quality
|Cellular connectivity problems
|Adds barometer to swim proofing & GPSLow battery life while using GPS
|Siri is pretty amazing
- Series 3, built in GPS and electronic SIM - Stay connected while leaving your phone behind
- Make calls, send texts, stream music, set reminders and get notifications from your favorite app–all with...
- water resistant up to 50m - can be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean
4. Best Fitness Tracker:Samsung Gear 2 Neo
As far as design goes, the Samsung Gear 2 Neo looks the same as the Gear 2 but replaces the metal casing with a plastic one.
This cutting-edge smartwatch comes at a more attractive price compared to its bigger brother, and it offers a good balance of features.
That includes heart rate monitoring, lots of bells, and a pedometer.
The Samsung Gear 2 Neo includes a speaker and microphone for making calls, recording voice memos, and playing music loudly.
It also has an offline media player, that can load up to 4GB of tracks, and you can pair it with Bluetooth headsets while on the go.
This smartwatch also comes with Samsung voice recognition features, and you can use it to send commands to your phone. However, you must have a Samsung phone or tablet to use it.
|Poor app support
|Works as an activity tracker
|Only compatible with Samsung devices
- Send and receive texts, calendar notifications, news updates and more right on your wrist and Battery...
- With rotating bezel and unique circular interface, easily access your apps and notifications.OS Tizen based...
- With a circular design and stainless steel construction, the Gear S2 matches your style
5. Best Cheap Option/Best Battery Life: Martian Watch Notifier
When looking for a smartwatch with speakerphone, you may be tempted to only check out the bigger brands. This is not a very good idea if your budget is limited.
While smartwatches from companies like Apple, Sony, Samsung, and Pebble tend to be very expensive, the Martian Watch Notifier is an inexpensive substitute. If you are looking for a cheap smartwatch with a speaker and microphone, then this is a great option for you.
The Notifier is very simple, and it looks like a strip-down analog watch with just a tiny screen for notifications. This watch comes with long battery life, interchangeable bands, and a unique vibration alert system.
The Martian Watch Notifier is two devices in one. It’s a typical analog timepiece with a long battery life of about two years, set by a manual stem on the right, and a modern smartwatch powered by Bluetooth.
This smartwatch comes with a 5-day battery life, a bright notification lamp, and simple control buttons on the left side.
As its name suggests, the Notifier comes to life when it’s notifying, and it includes a simple speaker that allows it to offer variable vibration patterns.
That means you can distinguish notifications by feeling alone. However, it doesn’t have an inbuilt microphone, but it offers a huge range of features that most smartwatch lovers will appreciate.
|Good battery life
|Doesn’t have much functionality
|Beautiful classic-like design
|Customizable vibration patterns
- Compatible with select Apple and Android phones - You can use this with most Android smartphones and tablets...
- 1.5" graphic OLED Display - See information in clear, easy-to-read detail with 96 x 16 pixels of resolution.
- Rechargeable Battery - Lithium-ion polymer battery can be charged with the included USB cable.
Best Android Smartwatch With Speaker And Microphone
This smartwatch lacks the wear OS but runs on the Tizen operating system. It brings style and a reliable health partner to your wrist. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 tells you precisely what you need to know at the right time.
The look and comfort that this watch brings to your wrist are extraordinary. Besides, you can easily customize to Bluetooth or LTE, stainless steel or aluminum, 44mm or 40mm, and various straps.
The watch also comes in diverse colors featuring all-new gold.
The watch is fitted with a touch bezel, making it a quick-control gadget with a broader screen capacity, a pure black screen, and a hard border.
Other than having a speaker and microphone, this smartwatch from Samsung brings other vital features to make your life easier, such as:
- Activity tracking for walking, running, cycling, rowing, elliptical trainer, dynamic workout, and swimming
- Stress tracker
- Blood pressure monitoring
- LTE-powered life assistant
- The battery capacity of 340mAh
- Tizen Based Wearable OS 4.0
- 5ATM + IP68 MIL-STD-810G that adds to its durability
- Daily activity tracker
Cheap Smartwatch With Speaker And Microphone
One of the smartphones with a speaker and microphone you can still find at affordable prices is the A-TGTGA Smart Watch for Men. Compatible with Android and iPhone, this watch comes with up to a 1.28-inch full-touch color screen and 10 kinds of sports mode trackers.
- 【Smart Watch With PHONE VOICE CALL】Smart watches for Android Phones and Iphone (Bluetooth5.0, compatible...
- 【Smart Activity Tracker / 100+ Faces】10 kinds of sports mode trackers, such as Running, Basketball,...
- 【Message Reminder / App Pushes Notification】After the smart watch is connected to the mobile phone via...
It supports Bluetooth phone calls, sleep monitor, heart rate monitor, SMS reminder, breathing training, multisport tracker, social media notifications, calculator, music player, social media notifications, weather sync, sedentary reminder, alarm clock, and remote camera.
- Thin and tough HD large screen
- Voice assistant
- Supports SOS Emergency call
- Multisport mode
- SMS reminders and social media notification
- Breathing training
- Works with IOS8.4 and Android 4.4+ only
Huawei Smartwatch With Speaker
This is the latest release from the GT series and is very similar to GT 2, although a little notch higher. It is very comfortable on the hand and is so appealing on the hand with the metallic curvatures.
You can choose between white, green, or red colors to fit your attire. It uses the Kirin A1 SoC, and the battery will last up to two weeks before recharge.
- Heart rate sensors
- Activity tracker with up to 15 GPS-enabled workout-tracking moded
- SpO2 meter
- Huawei health
- Un-actionable smartphone notifications
- Loads and plays music files
- Plays music
- Sleek design
- Activity and health monitor
- GPS supported
- Bluetooth 5.1
- 4 GB memory
- 5 ATM Water-resistant
- Smartphone notifications are un-actionable
Best Cheap Smartwatch With Speaker
This is a 1.4-inch touchscreen watch with a sleep monitor, multisport tracker, activity tracker, GPS, heart rate monitor, and notifications.
- 1.4 inch TFT LCD touch colour display with a resolution of 320 x 320 pixels, PPI323
- Up to 9 days of battery life (230 mAh)
- Built-in GPS, GLON
With less than $100, you can now enjoy up to 9 days of battery life and 11 pre-defined sports modes. Other things you will enjoy include SMS, calls, app notifications, and activity goals.
Other Smartwatches With Speakers and Mic
Above are the best smartwatches with microphones you’ll find on the market right now. Yet, there are many more out there of lesser-known brands which offer good features and often at a lower price point.
If you are interested, go ahead and do some more research on these smartwatches:
- Zeblaze Thor 4
- ZTE Quartz
- Mobvoi Ticwatch Pro
- Diesel On Full Guard
- inWatch Z
- LEMFO LF07
- Finow Q1 Pro
- ZGPAX S8
- Zeblaze Thor S
- Emporio Armani’s Connected
- Microwear H5
- Scinex SW20
- LEMFO LEM6
- Tenfifteen F1 Sports Smartwatch
As you can see, many of these smartwatches with speaker and mic options are not made by big-name brand companies.
The fact is, many smaller companies are taking the forefront of smartwatch innovation. These companies have realized that if you are going to have a smartwatch, you might as well have the ability to make calls and give the device voice commands.
How To Choose A Smartwatch With Speaker and Microphone
In general, the best smartwatch to buy is the one that works well with your phone and takes care of your needs.
Today, big names like Samsung, Fossil, Fitbit and Apple as well as traditional watchmakers like Fossil are all making smartwatches that deliver messages, apps, and calls to your wrist.
You will notice that many of the better deals on smartwatches with speakers and mic are made by smaller brands.
For example, a fossil smartwatch with microphone and speaker is not hard to find. Most of them also create smartwatches with speakers and microphones, but not all.
It’s important that you don’t choose a smartwatch just because of the mic and speaker. Some may have more features than others, so you need to be careful when choosing a smartwatch for your smartwatch. Here are a few tips:
Quick Tips For Buying a Smartwatch With Speaker and Mic
Whether you want to buy the best smartwatch for android or your iOS device, there are a few important things you’ll need to consider:
- Confirm that a smartwatch is compatible with your device. For instance, Apple Smartwatches are only compatible with iPhones, while Samsung’s Tizen watches and Google’s Wear OS will work with both iPhone and Android phones.
- Those who like to stay fit will be great with a smartwatch with GPS and a heart-rate sensor.
- Check whether the watch band buckle or clasp is easy to use and swap. You’ll also need to ensure that it’s easy to find replacement bands.
- The app selection is also an important factor, though not as crucial as design, compatibility, and other features.
- Another cool feature to look for when searching for a cool smartwatch is a smartwatch with a camera.
- Cost is of course important when looking for a smartwatch as they can be very expensive. If you are looking for a cheap smartwatch with speaker and microphone, then the Martian Watch Notifier is a great option.
OS and Device Compatibility
Since most smartwatches with speakerphones are designed as companions to your smartphone, device compatibility is crucial. However, some smartwatches work as standalone devices with a sim plate.
For those who would still like to keep their smartphones, you’ll need to ensure your phone is fully compatible. For example, Samsung’s Tizen-powered Gear Sport and Gear S3 work with various android handsets and iPhones, though it easier to use these watches with android devices. The Fitbit Versa also works well with android devices as well as iPhones.
Bottom Line: If you intend to use your smartwatch for calling with your smartwatch, ensure it’s compatible with your phone before calling. You may find standalone units, though most of them are not very durable.
Which Garmin Smartwatch Comes With a Speaker And Microphone?
What is the best Garmin smartwatch with a speaker and microphone? Well, Garmin smartwatches do not come with a speaker or mic. However, many Garmin smartwatches support music playback through Bluetooth-enabled headphones or speakers.
That’s it, the best smartwatches with speakerphones and a mic. Smartwatches with speakers are some of the most convenient wearable devices that you can use with your mobile phone.
The speakers in these watches allow you to set audio alarms, hear notifications from different apps and even enjoy music directly from your wrist. Of course, if you were asking the question ‘can smartwatches make phone calls, all of these can.
Most of the options we have discussed are Android smartwatches with speaker and microphone, but there are some cool Apple options as well.
You can try any of the brands that we’ve discussed above, for the ultimate smartwatch experience.