Getting small audiophile speakers that will fit your small spaces and deliver the right acoustic sound while remaining affordable may not be very easy. This article will show you some of the best speakers in the miniature audiophile speakers category.
If you prefer a passive speaker, you can check out our list of small passive audiophile speakers instead.
1. Best Overall: JBL One Series 104 Powered Reference Monitors
JBL One Series 104 is an innovative new set of small speakers built to deliver an accurate sonic presentation.
It allows content creators to hear all the details to achieve the best while mixing and editing their content.
- JBL104 Reference monitors are compatible with most desktop and laptop computers, as well as home or...
- Three sets of inputs allow connection with professional equipment, personal music players and consumer devices
- Front-panel input control selects Bluetooth, aux, RCA, TRS or combines all inputs
This speaker delivers a fantastic sound making it everyone’s top choice in their shopping list for small speakers. These compact and stylish desktop speakers are best for recording studios, live concert stages, and cinemas.
Besides, they deliver incredible results to music and video producers, podcasters, recording musicians, and any other music lover looking for an enjoyable listening experience.
The speakers deliver crisp highs and rich bass with true clarity and detail. Besides, they have been acoustically optimized for desktop placement with neutral low-frequency performance.
With the design and features combined, this speaker makes a good gift for any audiophile, especially an audiophile dad.
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Compatible with most desktop computers, laptops, and recording equipment. This is a great way to get audiophile sound from your computer.
- Acoustically optimized for desktop placement
- Loose power cord
2. Most Affordable: OSD Audio Nero Studio5 Bookshelf Speaker
Open Speaker Design (OSD) designs, engineers, and distributes high-quality products for home and commercial use. The OSD Audio Nero Studio5 Bookshelf is one product that offers excellent value and a high-performance alternative to a wide range of all-in-one wireless speakers in the market.
The speakers are built with a 5.25” woofer cone and 1” silk dome tweeter that are highly efficient and deliver superior sound. Besides, the sound has a full tonal range with powerful bass and clear highs that are non-fatiguing to the ears.
The speakers are made with a black vinyl-wrapped MDF cabinet giving them a neat and fit finish with attractive and gently curved edges.
- Looks as great as it sounds
- Compact design
- Powerful bass
- Connects only through speaker wires
3. Best With DAC: Audioengine 2+ Powered Desktop Speakers
This award-winning Audioengine comes with a built-in digital-to-analog converter (DAC). It allows you to send high-quality digital audio from any USB port on your computer. Besides, an added output makes it easier to add a subwoofer and even go wireless.
- PREMIUM POWERED BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS: The award-winning A2+ Wireless Speakers provide detailed, true stereo...
- FEATURES: Bluetooth aptX, a USB audio input and dual analog audio inputs for connecting multiple devices. The...
- 60 WATTS OF POWER: Experience room filling sound in a tiny footprint. Easily connect the compact Audioengine...
On the other hand, this speaker is highly optimized for digital connectivity. The speaker has the most versatile Bluetooth connectivity and works with all your apps, music, and devices. You still get powerful, clear, and full audio that fills almost any room despite their small sizes.
Also, the setup process is simple and easy. You can, therefore, easily connect these speakers to your computers, turntable, tablet, or phone without requiring any network or password.
Every music lover knows what they want in terms of audio quality. With this Audioengine, you are sure to exceed your expectations for value and performance.
- Built for desktops and small spaces
- Dual analog audio inputs
- Extended-range wireless aptX Bluetooth
- Built-in analog power amplifiers
- Power-saving idle mode
- Works with Mac or PC
- No optical input
4. Best HD3: Audioengine HD3 Powered Speaker
The HD3 powered speakers are a small-sized home music system that brings high-fidelity stereo sound to your small spaces and desktops.
No products found.
If you are looking for speakers with the most-versatile wireless Bluetooth speakers, these Audiophile HD3 powered speakers are your best bet. Besides, the speakers work with various apps, music, and devices.
Plus, the setup process is simple and easy. You do not need any network, password, or push buttons to aid the process. Like other speakers in this range, the HD3 speakers are surprisingly very loud.
Don’t be fooled by their petite sizes! They are built with custom Audioengine components such as silk tweeters, aramid fiber woofers, built-in power amplifiers wrapped in precision-tuned, hand-crafted cabinets, and aptX HD Bluetooth.
Finally, these speakers will take you back to old-school audio with their built-in power amplifiers. The amps sound incredibly better than the lower-cost digital amps found in competing brands.
- Extended-range wireless aptX-HD Bluetooth
- Simple setup
- Front panel volume control
- 3-year transferrable warranty
- Optical input not available
- No remote control
5. Best From KEF: KEF LS50 Wireless II Powered Speaker
This small audiophile speaker is compact and delivers precisely detailed, taut, and authentic sound. It is an ultra-high-performance wireless speaker from KEF.
- Connect wirelessly via dual-band Wi-Fi connectivity or Bluetooth 4.0, as well as wired via an asynchronous USB...
- The LS50W uses a 5.25" Uni-Q driver capable of reaching down to 40Hz, combined with a built-in 192Khz/24bit...
- Wirelessly control the LS50W with the accompanying iOS or Android app.
It comes as a small, web-connected stereo pair that will perfectly fit your online radio stations, podcasters, and control rooms of streaming subscription services.
The speakers are suitable for gaming consoles, computers, television, tablets or smartphones, and music players. They also come with a subwoofer and remote control. Besides, some of the available streaming services include Tidal, Spotify Connect, Internet Radio, Qobuz, Amazon Music, and Podcast, among other services.
- The speakers are easy to set up with an excellent app
- Delivers sublimely refined and articulate sound
- Offers comprehensive support for high-res music streaming services
- Wide range of digital and analog connection options
- Wi-Fi performance can be shaky
- eARC HDMI does not work well with non-ARC HDMI sources
- Very expensive speakers
Best Small Surround Sound Speakers
1. Top Punchy Bass: Dayton Audio B652-AIR Speaker System
For more smoothness and detail in your audio output, Dayton Audio B652 comes with a pleated ribbon diaphragm AMT tweeter to enhance this quality.
- Air Motion Transformer tweeter provides non-fatiguing, audiophile-level treble clarity
- 6-1/2" woofer produces rich, punchy bass
- Compact, unobtrusive design with exceptional performance and value
Other features include an Air Motion Transformer tweeter that delivers non-fatiguing high-end treble clarity. Besides, the speakers are made into a compact and unobstructed design and fitted with a 6-1/2” woofer that produces rich and punchy bass.
- Removable acoustically transparent cloth grill
- 5-year warranty
- Punchy bass
- Sold in pair
2. High Bass Accuracy: Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Speaker System
Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers will bring professional-quality sound to your living room with an immersive listening experience.
- ANDREW JONES. From speaker designer Andrew Jones comes a collection of speakers that bring...
- CURVED DESIGN. This speaker utilizes a true curved cabinet design. Not only aesthetically pleasing, this...
- TWEETER. Twin 4" Woofers and Soft Dome Tweeter deliver multi-element crossover to route high frequencies to...
Whether you intend them for use with a multi-channel home theater system or as stereo speakers, be ready to get a wide frequency response and sophisticated sound quality.
Besides, the design is gorgeous! With a true curved cabinet design, you get a combination of aesthetic value, high performance, and amazing sound quality.
- High bass accuracy
- Sleek design
- High-efficiency tweeter
- Low power consumption
Why Are These Small Speakers Considered Audiophile?
Audiophiles generally seek to reproduce live performance sounds with powerful and excellent acoustics. That is precisely what the small speakers we have discussed are built to do. They deliver audiophile-grade and high-frequency range audio quality.