Skar and JBL are key brands when it comes to audio manufacturing. However, the quality of sound, design, and even price of products greatly vary. This article shares more details about Skar audio and JBL audio to help you choose between the two brands.
While Skar is a good option if you are on a budget, JBL is a better brand overall. Skar is known for designing some well-respected high-end home audio equipment. On the other hand, Skar mostly rebrands Chinese-made audio equipment.
Read on to learn more.
Skar Audio Brand Review
Kevin Schlenker founded Skar Audio company in 2012 while in his college dorm at the University of Central Florida. Skar Audio is based in Tampa, Florida, and focuses on making high-end speakers and amplifiers for use in boats and cars.
Kevin sold Skar Audio products to both physical and online dealers. He landed spots with sonic Electronix before cutting ties and proceeding to sell the products directly to customers through a network of dealers who remained online.
A number of online stores, therefore, sell products from Skar Audio to make them available to customers worldwide. The stores include Amazon, Walmart, and eBay.
Skar Audio Products
The company now provides nearly any audio product and puts more effort into fulfilling the fundamental standards that end-users demand. Besides, the products from Skar Audio hold up to the warranty provided and exceed their lifetime if properly installed.
The main products at Skar Audio include:
- Car speakers – the speakers are specially built to deliver unmatched sound. They are high quality, and very reliable.
- RP series – The amps also deliver reliable and high-performance power.
- Loaded Bass Packages – Skar Audio subwoofers are some of the most popular subs in the market today. With the vented design and multiple options between single and dual woofer setups, they are the perfect car audio units to use every day.
JBL Audio Brand Review
JBL, on the other hand, is also an American speaker manufacturing company. It was founded by James Bullough Lansing, an American Audio engineer, in 1946. James is well known for founding JBL and Altech Lansing, bearing his name.
Although Currently known as James B. Lansing Sound, Incorporated, JBL was originally called Lansing Sound, Incorporated. The legendary L100 Century Loudspeaker introduced in 1970 is the best and most referenced JBL speaker and is crucial in hi-fi history.
Today, JBL is a force to be reckoned with, being the “sound partner” for Ferrari for example
In the 1950s, JBL launched the first 375 high-frequency compression driver, which became the first commercially available 4″ diaphragm driver. This driver was a redesigned Western Electric 594 driver and had a four-inch voice coil with an Altico V magnet. Later, JBL introduced the 075 UHF ring radiator drivers, also known as “JBL bullets.”
Today, JBL is known for designing some well-respected high-end home audio equipment.
Why Use Skar Audio Products?
Skar Audio is a performance-based SPL car audio manufacturer with entry-level marine audio products. It produces car speakers with incredibly crisp highs and mids. The bass is also incredible.
If you are looking for subwoofers, the Skar Audio ZVXv2 subwoofer line tops the list of most shoppers due to its unique performance.
With a 3-inch high-temperature voice coil, competition-grade cone, massive 3-slug motor, and a high foam surround, the ZVXv2 is genuinely designed to be the best competition.
Why Use JBL Products?
JBL provides some of the most famous wireless speaker brands in the market. The company enables users to enjoy crisp and clear sound that remains great indoors and outdoors.
In addition, the speakers from JBL integrate the latest Bluetooth technology and provide significant volume with minimal sound distortion.
Below is a list of some of the exciting features that make JBL speakers excellent:
- They are portability
- Great sound quality
- Energy efficiency
- Easy installation
- Power saving
- Long battery life
Advantages Of Skar Audio Products
The products from Skar Audio are well known for being high-quality and durable. They are therefore often sorted after compared to competing brands.
We have shared some of the advantages of Skar Audio and reasons to pick it over JBL.
- Skar Audio produces more durable products – the company has a reputation for creating products that last long. Skar is the best if you are doing one-time shopping for car speakers and you need products that will remain in good shape even after many years of bumpy rides.
- The products are of higher quality – Skar is also known to use only high-quality materials in their products. You, therefore, get value for money by purchasing from the brand.
- Competitive pricing – Products from Skar Audio are pretty cost-effective. This makes them well sort after as you will always get good a product that fits your budget.
- Better customer service – The company offers dependable customer service. You should, therefore, never worry about having any issues with the products as the customer service team will always be ready to help.
Advantages Of JBL Products
Just like Skar Audio, there are several reasons to choose JBL. Here are some of the advantages you get when working with products from JBL.
- They are not expensive – JBL products are equally moderately priced. Therefore, the majority of the products are considered affordable and priced for the average consumer.
- High quality – Although JBL speakers come with much lower price tags, the price does not affect their quality. They, therefore, still deliver excellent sound quality and performance in terms of an outstanding balance of pitch and bass that remains consistent across any style of music.
- Easy to install – JBL car speakers are designed with casings that easily fit your vehicles, making them very easy to install.
Similarities Between Skar Audio And JBL Audio
Skar Audio and JBL Audio companies share several similar traits. Here are some of the ways the two companies appear to operate the same way.
- Tag – the two companies share the manufacturing and industrial audio consumer electronics tag.
- Products Focus – Skar Audio and JBL Audio manufacture car audio amplifiers, subwoofers, and speakers, among other audio products.
- Origin – Both companies are American.
- Competitive pricing – Both brands offer competitive pricing for their products.
Difference Between Skar Audio And JBL Audio
While JBL Audio company was founded over seventy years ago (1946), Skar Audio was founded just ten years ago. JBL, therefore, boasts many years of experience designing, testing, and producing audio products.
Skar SPX-65C vs JBL GTO 609C
Choosing between Skar Audio and JBL Audio can be too hard if you have not tested the products to get a personalized listening experience.
Besides, your choice depends on several factors, such as the type of music, listening conditions, and budget. Please read the review and make an informed choice based on the mentioned factors. Enjoy!
If you are interested in similar comparisons, check out these comparisons below: