If your Sharp TV blinks error codes when you power it on, you should troubleshoot the underlying issue. This way, you can fix the problem without spending a dollaer. For all the tips you need to do this right, read on.
What Do Sharp TV Blinking Error Codes Mean?
Sharp TV blinking error codes indicate potential errors. The problem can arise from the firmware installed on your TV and the hardware. Pending updates, internal glitches, overheating, power supply issues, and more can also cause these errors.
After troubleshooting the underlying issue, you’ll be able to determine the possible solution.
Which are the Most Common Sharp Aquos Blinking Codes?
Here are the three most common Sharp TV Error codes:
1. Sharp TV Aquos TV Error Code 03
This error code usually appears on the screen as ‘Start0up communication error.’ It specifically means that your TV is only receiving the initial communication. It can’t accomplish the rest of the work.
All error codes ranging from 02 to 09 mean the same thing as code 03. However, the 03 code is the most common. You’re highly likely to receive these error messages after a power outage or after removing your power cable from the TV suddenly. Some causes of the code 02 to 09 errors are not known, but that should not hinder you from fixing them.
2. Sharp TV Error Code 21
If you notice error code 21, your TV is most likely running into power-related problems. So, if the power supply is not working correctly, you are highly exposed to this risk.
3. Sharp TV Error Code E203
This code indicates that the broadcast you are trying to access is down. In other words, the channel you want to watch could be down from the backend, or your cable service might be entirely down.
Why is My Sharp Aquos OPC and Power Light Blinking 3 Times?
When the Sharp Aquos OPC and light is blinking three times, you could be a victim of various hardware and software issues. It would be best if you troubleshot to narrow down the potential problem and the best solution.
To diagnose the problem, try to feel your Sharp TV for excessive heat. Too much heat could be the perfect indicator that your fan is broken. It could also mean that another hardware has malfunctioned.
If the TV is neither making irregular noises nor overheating, you could be a victim of issues related to updates or firmware.
How Can I Fix Sharp TV Blinking Error Codes?
As we’ve said, Sharp TV systems use numerous lights to indicate various potential errors. Besides, the pattern of the blinking light might not mean much to you. So, the best solution is to use the proper troubleshooting techniques to fix the underlying trouble.
Once you see any of the error codes, you need to follow the steps below to fix them:
1. Power Cycle Your TV
Performing a complete power cycle on your Sharp TV is one of the easiest ways to troubleshoot the exact issue. Here are the simple ways to do this:
- Power off your Sharp TV.
- Remove the power cable from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least 5 minutes.
- Plug the power cable back into the power outlet.
Please note that you can get the best result by plugging your Sharp TV into an alternative power outlet. It’s a great way to avoid bad-voltage issues affecting the outlet and other related issues.
What’s more, you should consider avoiding power strips since low-quality power from these devices can hinder the television from operating normally.
2. Avoid Overheating
If your Sharp TV is overheating, you should do this:
- Keep the Vents Clear: Clean the dust off the television and wipe the dust off the screen and back panels.
- Keep your TV Away from Heat Sources: Remove it from heat sources like the fireplace, kitchen ovens, and heater. You should also keep the TV away from the ground.
- Keep the Airflow Obstructions Free: Remove the objects you placed around your TV, particularly on the backside.
3. Update Your Sharp TV
If you’ve activated automatic updates on your Sharp TV, you might not need to go through this step. However, if you haven’t done so or automatic updates don’t work on your device, you must do it manually. Here are the simple steps you should follow to do this:
- Download Firmware Update
The steps you need to follow to download the official firmware update are:
1. Plug a memory stick into your computer.
2. Google “Sharp Products downloads.”
3. When prompted to select your TV, insert your TV’s correct model number.
4. Select the relevant firmware for your TV model.
5. Click “Save.”
6. Upload the downloaded files on the memory stick.
7. Plug the memory stick into your Sharp TV.
- Install Firmware Update
Now that you have the latest firmware on your memory stick, you can install it easily. Follow the steps below to do so:
1. After plugging your memory stick in the TV, go to “Menu” and then “Digital Setup.”
2. Open “Software Update.”
3. Enter your four-digit password.
4. Check the USB Stick and initiate the update.
5. Once the update process is complete, click “Enter.”
4. Factory Reset Sharp TV
If none of the above tips helps, you should perform a factory reset. Remember, this method will wipe clean your TV’s data, including all your files and configurations. So, you might need to backup everything you require to restore them quickly once you’re done.
Once you’re ready to factory reset your Sharp TV, do this:
- Unplug the power cable.
- Keep pressing and holding the “Channel Down” and “Input” buttons simultaneously on your Sharp TV’s remote.
- Select “Service Mode” when redirected to another screen
- Hit “Factory Reset.”
- Allow your Sharp TV a few minutes to factory reset
Sharp TV blinking error codes can interrupt your planned relaxing and entertainment plans if you don’t know how to fix them. Right now, you have all the tips you require to prevent that from happening. Irrespective of the type of Sharp TV blinking error code, you can use the tips to troubleshoot and fix them fast without spending a coin. If you need more help to get started, feel free to get in touch with us.