Table of Contents
- 1 Do Mobile Phones Support Surround Sound?
- 2 How Do I Pair My Philips 5.1 Speaker with My Mobile Device via Bluetooth?
- 3 Why Bluetooth-Enabled Philips 5.1 Speakers Are Not Connecting to Mobile?
- 4 How Do I Connect My Wired Philips 5.1 Speakers to My Phone?
- 5 Why are External Philips 5.1 Speakers Not Working?
- 6 How to Enable Pairing Mode on Philips 5.1 Speakers
- 7 How to Pair Multiple Philips 5.1 Speakers
- 8 How Do You Reset a Philips Speaker?
- 9 How Do I Turn on the Speaker on My Philips Monitor?
- 10 Summing Up
If you want a realistic surround experience from your Philips 5.1 speakers and you don’t have an AV receiver, you can try connecting your Philips 5.1 speakers to your mobile device. You’ll improve your experience if you understand a few essential tips. Keep reading for more information on how to connect your Philips 5.1 speakers to your mobile phone.
Do Mobile Phones Support Surround Sound?
Some mobile devices don’t support surround sound. Most mobile phones are designed to put out two channels – left and right or something close to stereo audio. So, if you use them, you might not get pure surround. However, you can still get better quality than standard stereo in some cases.
Other mobile devices come with surround sound features. If you have one, the quality of your content won’t be an issue.
You can also take advantage of software-based methods to create the directionality effect from audio playback.
Other mobile devices like tablets function like computers. They can support surround sound.
How Do I Pair My Philips 5.1 Speaker with My Mobile Device via Bluetooth?
You can connect your Philips 5.1 Speakers to your mobile device via Bluetooth by following these simple steps:
- Slide the Philips 5.1 Speaker switch towards the Bluetooth symbol. If the speaker is in the right working condition, you’ll see the Bluetooth indicator flashing in Blue.
- Activate the Bluetooth function on your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. If the Bluetooth icon is “OFF,” tap on it. This will change it to “ON.” Check whether it’s discoverable. If so, you’ll see this, “Now Discoverable,” below your speakers and other devices that you can pair the phone with if you need.
- Select your Philips 5.1 Speakers on your mobile phone. After choosing your speaker, input your pairing password. If you don’t know the password, try “0000.” Some Bluetooth devices accept this. You may need to consult your user manual for the correct pairing password or guidance on how to get it if this universal one fails to function.
After inputting the correct pairing password, wait for your speaker to beep twice. That’s the first indicator that you’ve paired your Philips 5.1 speaker with your mobile phone.
Check whether the Bluetooth indicator is on continuously in blue. If it is, you’ve successfully connected your speaker to your mobile device.
If your mobile device can’t output surround sound, you can use the right software to improve the sound. The Soundtrack Player app is a great option. Once you connect your Philips 5.1 Speakers to the mobile device, open the app. You can enjoy the music after that.
Why Bluetooth-Enabled Philips 5.1 Speakers Are Not Connecting to Mobile?
Your speakers won’t function if they are already paired with another Bluetooth-enabled device. To check whether this is the case. If so, disconnect the device and try pairing the speaker to the mobile device. To do this, you should:
- Go to the “Settings” and then the “Bluetooth” icon.
- Navigate to the “Device list.”
- Delete the speaker
- Try to connect the speaker to your smartphone again
Other things that you should do are:
- Be sure your Philips 5.1 Speakers are in pairing mode.
- Make sure you enable the Bluetooth feature before attempting to pair the devices.
- Charge your mobile phone and the speakers properly before use.
How Do I Connect My Wired Philips 5.1 Speakers to My Phone?
If your amplifier has the 3.5mm jack input, plug one side of the AUX cable into the phone. Plug the other side to the amp.
Once you’ve done that, you can play your favorite content from the phone and hear the audio in your Philips 5.1 Speakers rather than your TV. So, this is perhaps the easiest method. However, it can only work if your amp has the 3.5mm hack input option.
Why are External Philips 5.1 Speakers Not Working?
If the speakers aren’t set to default output, you have to correct that. It could be responsible for the problem.
You should also ensure the speakers are charged and their cables are correctly connected. You can connect the speakers to another device to see whether they are in the correct working order. Sometimes, you might need to test your mobile’s software and hardware.
How to Enable Pairing Mode on Philips 5.1 Speakers
If your phone can’t discover your Philips 5.1 Speakers, enable pairing mode on the Speakers. Speakers typically enter the pairing mode in different ways. You’ll be able to solve the puzzle fast if you understand a few basics.
Here are advanced techniques to enable pairing on your speakers:
- Long press the Power button: You can turn the speakers into pairing mode by turning them off. You increase your chances of success if you turn it on while long-pressing the Power button. It will emit sound twice when in pairing mode.
- Long press the Pairing Button: If your speaker model comes with a dedicated button for placing it into a pairing mode, use it. The button should have the Bluetooth symbol next to it.
Please note that you can use the method we discussed in the beginning to achieve the same objective. So, this is an alternative solution. If it does work, you must consult the user manual or the manufacturer for more information.
How to Pair Multiple Philips 5.1 Speakers
We’ve seen how you can pair each of your Philips 5.1 Speakers separately. This option may not offer the convenience that you need.
Start by consulting the user manual. If your model is designed to be connected in tandem to a single phone, go ahead and do that. You’ll find model-specific instructions in the user manual.
As we’ve said, if you pair your Philips 5.1 Speakers, you may only enhance the volume and quality unless it comes with a surround sound feature.
Alternatively, you’ll need an app that can make the device support a 5.1 surround system. To get started, you should check the manufacturer’s mobile app from Apple App Store or Google Play designed with your specific need in mind.
How Do You Reset a Philips Speaker?
It’s annoying when you can’t connect to your speaker. Here are some ways that might help:
- Try the reset button. It’s a tiny hole on the back of the device overhang with two pins inside. If you push them in for about ten seconds and then release them. It should work fine again!
- If that doesn’t work, try disconnecting the power supply for a few minutes. This will reset your speaker to factory settings and hopefully get it working again!
- If you have a software issue, try to reset the speaker from your phone or tablet. This should work for most devices.
How Do I Turn on the Speaker on My Philips Monitor?
On the back of the monitor, press and hold the power button on the front center panel.
Ensure the “Volume” hotkey is pressed on the right-hand control panel on the monitor’s front.
To turn on the speakers and raise the volume level, press the right arrow key. The LCD screen displays the current volume level.
Now you can connect your wired or Bluetooth-enabled Philips 5.1 speakers to mobile without any difficulty. If you want to enhance your stereo sound, this method will help you to realize your goal. At the same time, if you need a realistic surround experience without spending much, you’ll succeed if you follow the simple tips we’ve shared here.