Some of the best speakers on the market are from the age-long manufacturers – Klipsch and Boston Acoustics. You may be wondering whether to choose Klipsch or Boston Acoustics for your next audio device. Read on to see how these brands compare and which you should choose in this Klipsch vs Boston Acoustics battle.
Klipsch offers excellent speakers which are a bit costly, but there are some good lower-budget options. Klipsch’s sound quality is generally powerful and harsh. Boston Acoustics on the other hand offers good speakers at a fair price with full-range sound.
|Quality||Quality may vary depending on cost||Good quality|
|Frequency Response||Exposed high frequencies||Full|
|Product Range||Wide||Not as wide|
|Sound||Bright and dynamic and boomy (Great impact and volume)||Full range and smooth|
Klipsch Company Review
Klipsch is a 75-years old audio manufacturing company.
Klipsch continues to excel in speakers manufacturing and assembly with employees producing Klipsch Heritage Series, THX Ultra2, Select Reference II, Professional, Palladium, and many more cinema speakers by hand in Hope, Arkansas.
Before we go ahead, you can check out our other comparisons in this series:
- Klipsch vs KEF Speakers
- Klipsch vs MartinLogan
- Boston Acoustics vs Bose
- Klipsch vs Definitive Technology
- Klipsch vs Polk
- Klipsch vs SVS
- Klipsch vs JBL
- Klipsch vs Elac
Are Klipsch Speakers Good?
Klipsch speakers are older and among the more prestigious brands on the market. Although they are a little more expensive, the extra charge is tagged on the quality of performance listeners get from them.
Wondering whether the speakers are good? Look at the pros and cons associated with them.
- Good quality
- Great for high frequencies
- Wide range of products
- Need to buy all Klipsch to stick to the signature design throughout your living room
- Not for everyone as the speakers seem to sound quite different from others to some people
Klipsch Audio Speakers Lines
1. The Fives
The fives support digital, analog, Bluetooth, and HDMI. They are powerful, beautifully crafted, and can be easily hooked up to any other device such as a television, smartphone, computer, or even a turntable.
Each powered monitor is ported and features a 4.5” long-throw woofer for enhanced bass.
Some of the key features of this speaker include virtual connectivity, class-leading amplified speakers, powerful sound from small speakers, HDMI-ARC connectivity to TVs, Bass EQ, built-in premium moving-magnet phono for connecting turntables, USB input, and high-quality Bluetooth streaming
The new C-series model has a front-firing Cerametallic active woofer powered by a BASH digital hybrid amplifier.
It utilizes side-firing passive radiators that help with optimizing sound output while reducing the box size. Other features include:
- Klipsch LowControl App: supports iOS and Android for wireless tuning and customization of the speaker system. You also get access to a 5-band parametric EQ, input selection controls, volume, phase, and automatic room correction software with a microphone for easy and quick room correction.
- IP Control with built-in RJ-45 connectors: for integration into Crestron, RTI control systems, and Control4. You can therefore easily and automatically change input, gain, EQ, and even phase settings when a new source is selected in the control system.
- Wireless Compatibility: the speaker receives high-definition signals via a 2.4gHz high-definition transition from anywhere within the room. Some of the key features include; Hand polished Piano Gloss Finish, 10” Front-Firing Cerametallic Driver, line-level Dual RCA, 2.4gHz Wireless inputs, Balanced line-level XLR, Ultra Bass Response from Small Cabinet, Automatic room correction, Klipsch LowControl App-enabled, and 400W Continuous Power/800W peak.
Founded in 1979, Boston Acoustics is an innovative audio products manufacturer. The products from Boston Acoustic include high-performance loudspeakers, advanced car audio systems, and tabletop products.
Some of the trademarks registered and patented by the company in the U.S include Boston, Boston Acoustics, BostonAcoustics.com, Avida, Bravo, The Boston Acoustics Logo, BrassTrac among many other Trademarks.
Some of the best speakers from Boston Acoustics are listed below:
1. Boston Acoustics CS26 II Black Walnut Classic II Bookshelf Speakers
This Boston-manufactured speaker has an outstanding performance and is fitted with easy and secure wire connections.
Also, it is fitted with Kortec soft dome tweeter to deliver crystal clear high-frequency sound and a Deep Channel Design for more bass.
2. Boston Acoustics A 25 Compact Two-Way 5.25-Inch Woofer Bookshelf
With a scratch-resistant high-gloss finish, these speakers support sound frequencies between 55Hz and 25kHz.
3. Voyager 60 Outdoor Speakers
These outdoor speakers are designed to blend with the outdoor setting. They are tough and durable with rustproof hardware and connectors. Besides, their cabinets are made of UV-resistant polypropylene, and they have power-coated aluminum grilles.
Are Boston Acoustic Speakers Good?
This is a well-recognized brand in the audio industry. The evaluation result from a number of A-series speakers from the company shows that they can outperform many speakers in the market.
Besides, they defy many of the negative stereotypes that plague value-oriented speakers.
Is Klipsch Better Than Boston Acoustics?
Both Klipsch and Boston Acoustics are known to produce high-end speakers that will fill your rooms or cars with high-quality music. Every speaker however comes with its unique qualities and it is not easy to say one brand is perpetually better than the other. Evaluate your sound requirements before deciding between the brands as it’s really a personal preference.
What Is The Klipsch Sound
In a nutshell, Klipsch’s sound is similar to the live concert feeling – commanding, in-depth and emotional. Klipsch’s sound is easy to identify by an everyday music listener to the ardent audiophile. It is best heard in a stereo, 2 channel Hi-fi system for playing music. Klipsch’s sound is moving.
If you want to feel like you are in the mosh pit or the orchestra seats at a live performance, Klipsch speakers are your best bet. You don’t need a lot of power to play your music loud and clear.
Are Klipsch Speakers German?
No, they are not a German company. The company was created in Hope Arkansas and some of its Heritage series speakers are still completed there. The company is now headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. As is the case with most audio corporations nowadays, many of their products are collected in China.
Norvan Martin is the founder of BoomSpeaker.com. He is a professional Electronics Engineer and is passionate about home theater systems and AV electronics. BoomSpeaker was created as an online hub to share his knowledge and experiences as it relates to home theaters and home audio electronics.