Wireless connectivity has made things easier for us. One can stream music without any cords or wires with Bluetooth speaker intervention. Speaking of this, using an iPhone as a Bluetooth speaker for your PC provides a practical and quick solution when your speakers may not work due to some issues.
This article focuses on how to use your iPhone as a Bluetooth speaker for a PC. Let us dive deep into it.
Your iPhone as a Bluetooth speaker for your PC can come in handy when you want to amplify the sound from your computer or if you’re experiencing issues with your PC’s built-in speakers. Here is a step-by-step approach to achieve this without any hassle:
Step 1: Download and install the ‘Airfoil Satellite App’ from App Store
First, install the Airfoil Satellite app on your iPhone. Your iPhone can receive the audio streams from your PC with this. You can find the app in the iTunes App Store.
Follow the steps to locate the app on the App Store:
- Search for “Airfoil Satellite.”
- Download the app.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install it on your iPhone.
If for whatever reason you don’t want to use Airfoil, you can always search for other apps in the Apple store. Simply search for terms like “Bluetooth speaker,” “iPhone as speaker,” and so on. Be sure to read reviews and check the app’s ratings before downloading to ensure it’s reliable and safe.
Keep in mind however that if you choose to use third-party software, you must always ensure that you are downloading the apps or software from a reputable source to avoid any security risks.
Step 2: Download ‘Airfoil’ on your PC
Once the Airfoil Satellite is downloaded on your iPhone, download the Airfoil software onto your PC, such as a Windows laptop.
Visit the official website of Airfoil, download the software compatible with your operating system, and install it on your laptop following the instructions. It is free to download.
If you are using a separate app, then that app will typically have third-party software that you can install on your PC. Download and install that software on your computer.
Step 3: Connect the two devices to the same Wi-Fi network
Ensure that your PC and iPhone are connected to the same network. You can connect by navigating to the Wi-Fi settings on each device and selecting the secure network you use.
Step 4: Open Airfoil Satellite on your iPhone and PC
Once the applications are downloaded on both devices and connected to the same Wi-Fi network, it’s time to open and run it.
Launch the Airfoil Satellite app on your iPhone and open Airfoil on your PC.
Step 5: Choose iPhone as the audio source
- In Airfoil, choose your iPhone as the audio source. Next, select the “Source” option in the Airfoil software and click it on your PC.
- Select your iPhone from the list of available audio sources. By choosing this option, your iPhone will be set up to serve as the speaker for audio streaming from your PC.
1. How do I get my Windows computer to play sound through Bluetooth?
If you are using Windows 11, then:
- Click/Hover on the ^ button on the right side of your taskbar.
- You will notice the Bluetooth icon. Click the icon.
- Select “Show Bluetooth Devices.”
- Then, click on “Add Device” and select the sound device you wish to connect.
2. How do I use my iPhone as a Bluetooth speaker on my Mac?
Follow the steps:
- Select Bluetooth from the sidebar by selecting Apple menu > System Settings.
- Click ‘Connect’ after hovering the cursor over the device in the list (on the right).
- Follow the setup instructions onscreen if the device doesn’t connect immediately.
3. Can you amplify iPhone volume?
To achieve the iPhone’s full audio quality potential, do the following:
- Scroll down in the ‘Settings’ and select ‘Music.’
- Make sure the ‘Volume Limit’ is located and disabled.
- Tap ‘Volume Limit.’
- Move the volume slider to the right if it is turned on.
4. What is Airfoil Satellite?
Airfoil satellite is an application that belongs to Airfoil (Rogue Amoeba). Its purpose is to function as an audio receiver and control like a remote.
One can use it to remotely control Airfoil, transform any Windows computer into an audio receiver, or even transform a PC into a speaker for audio from an iOS device.
In other words, Airfoil was designed to stream audio from a computer to various devices across a local network. This will then turn the device into a wireless speaker; because Airfoil Satellite receives audio sent from the Airfoil software on your computer and plays it on your iOS device.
Using Airfoil on your PC and iPhone is the simplest and easiest way to turn your iPhone into a Bluetooth speaker. That way, you can seamlessly stream music and play any audio with good audio amplification, thanks to the iPhone’s incredible sound quality in-built speakers.
Keep in mind that the audio quality and latency may vary depending on your Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection strength. In addition, if for whatever reason you choose to install any third-party apps, then those apps might have limitations. You may encounter compatibility issues with certain devices.