Android smartphones are affordable communication devices, and they feature a variety of other admirable devices. However, their inbuilt speakers don’t offer the volume or clarity to give you an envious stereo sound.For most people, using headphones is the most logical solution to sound output issues on their Android phone. However, you may end up feeling frustrated if you don’t get the desired sound volume even after pairing your headphones.
Well, fret not, since we have a solution for you. Here are five simple methods that can help you to make headphones louder on Android and get the sound quality that you desire.
We should also point out that regardless of what you may do to your phone some headphones are simply not loud enough. In that case, you may want to check out one of our recommendations for louder and more powerful headphones and don’t worry, these are under $100.
By the way, if you are doing home recordings check out pour article on how to connect a headphone am to an audio interface.
1. Ensure The Volume On The Headphone Itself Is Turned Up
Many (not all) headphones have a small volume know on the headphone itself.
If your phone’s volume is turned up and you are still struggling to hear, check the volume knob on your headphone and ensure it is turned up as well.
In most cases, headphones separating the headphones volume with the system volume is the easiest way to get a better sound.
With volume control buttons, you can adjust the audio output easily.
2. Adjust the System Settings
When increasing the volume, you need to ensure that your headphone is turned on, to allow you to adjust the volume to your desired level.
You also need to ensure that your headphone speakers are not muffled. Moreover, you will need to clean your headphones to remove any debris or dust that can distort the sound. In some cases, you may need to check if any wires are loose on your headphone.
If you still have an issue getting your headphones louder, you may try to adjust the system settings of your android device further. Here are a few simple steps to help you do that within a few minutes:
1. Open the “settings” application on your device through the menu. You can also open the system settings if the app is not available on your device.
2. Choose the “sound” or the “Audio Profiles” option. After you select this option, a menu bar will pop up on your screen, and you can make the volume of your headphones louder
3. To make your headphones louder, individually increase the volume of your system sounds, media, ringtones or notifications. You can expand the volume to the maximum by moving the sliders all the way to the right side.
Loudest Headphones On Amazon
3. Close all Unnecessary Applications
An Android device is really like a mini computer. It has limited processing power, and it may decrease its speed if there are too many applications active in the background.
That’s because it will be using the processing power to maintain all the processes running at a particular time.
To disable the active applications, you can hold down the button next to the home button and end all the processes. You can also download applications such as Task-killer from the play store.
4. Enable Developer Options
This method is most effective when using Bluetooth headphones. Here is a step by step guide on how to make the headphones louder on an android device:
1. Head over to the settings application on your phone and tap on “About phone.”. For most devices, that should be the last option on the list (Settings > System > About Phone > Build Number).
2. Tap on the build number from the list that appears and head over to the developer options (Settings > Developer Options).
3. Once you open the developer options, ensure that you allow modification on the development settings and scroll down to the networking section.
4. Disable absolute volume by using the toggle button available. That will separate your headphone volume from the system volume.
5. To make the headphones louder, you can now increase both volumes individually to the desired media volume.
5. Download a New Volume App
With some Android devices, making your headphones louder may prove a bit difficult. If all else fails, you can try to download a volume or equalizer applications.
These applications can effectively circumvent the protective limitation that mobile phone manufacturers put to limit the sound output from your phone. Here is all you need to do while using this method:
1. Search for volume applications on Google Play. You can also search for equalizer applications to help you improve the quality of the sound. That includes applications like Volume+, Viper-2-Android, and others.
2. Download and install the volume application on your phone. However, you will have to accept various terms and conditions before opening the app.
3. Open the settings and adjust the speaker settings on the application to make the headphones louder.
4. To increase the volume, move the sliders to the right side. The sliders will allow you to individually customize the alarm, ringer, voice call, system, and media volume.
While volume applications work very well in making your headphones louder, they can destroy your inbuilt speakers. That’s why it’s advisable not to try using the maximum volume level while your phones are unavailable. Furthermore, using maximum volumes can distort the sound from your headphones.
6. Improve the Quality of Your Files On a Computer
If your headphones only have alow volume while playing a media file in your android device, there is a huge possibility that the problem is your files.
That means you need to move your media files to your computer using a USB cable or an SD card. From there, you can adjust the audio settings of the file and amplify the sound to suit your taste.
After adjusting the volume, you can transfer the media files back to your phone and start enjoying an improved volume. However, you need an audio editing program to make adjustments on your media files.
A Note About Human Hearing
The truth is though, in most cases people tend to want headphones louder than they should be.
It is important to remember that too much loud music can seriously damage your hearing. The tolerable/safe range of human hearing is based on an exposure to 85 db for a maximum limit of eight hours per day.
While that is outside the range of most headphones, the truth is even at lower dB levels, you can suffer hearing impairments if you listen to loud music for prolonged periods.
How To Make Your iPhone Headphones Louder By Adjusting The Volume Limit
For you to achieve this, please follow the prompts below:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Search for “Music” or just scroll down and up to locate “Music.”
- Under the “Playback” category, select “Volume Limit.”
- Turn off the Volume Limit, or raise the set limit.
Why Is My Earphones Sound Low?
Owing to some phone operating systems, you may find your volume is too low. This is most commonly resolved for Android devices by disabling Bluetooth Absolute Volume within your phone’s settings.
On the other hand, you may find this in the Developer Options for your phone for some devices.
How to Make Beats Louder on Android
You may be frustrated if you can barely hear anything from your headphones because it’s not loud enough.
While some headphones have an in-built loudspeaker, some are not built with much power.
These are some of the easiest ways to make your music beat louder.
Adjust the music volume
Some phones come with a separate volume adjuster that gives you control on the music volume. Check if your phone has this volume control method and turn it up to increase the volume.
Increase your Android phone’s volume
If after increasing the volume of your music, it still doesn’t sound out much, you might need to check your settings.
Go to the settings of your Android device and click on “Audio Profile” (it might be labeled “sound” on your phone). Increase the volume to the desired level.
Close all other background apps
When two apps interfere with each other on Android, the sound becomes inaudible. Close all other apps you are not using on the phone.
Adjust the equalizer
An equalizer is also one of the factors that can contribute to how loud or low your music beat is. If the equalizer is on, you can change the current equalizer but if it is still not loud enough, you might have to turn it off completely.
Headphone Volume Suddenly Low on My Android
When the headphone volume suddenly becomes low on your Android phone, this could directly result from a sudden change. These are some things you can check.
- The headphone jack might be partially plugged out.
- The volume slider has moved. Check the volume level.
- Check the app that you are playing music throu8gh. Switch to another app and see if that works.
- Check the media that you are playing e.g a movie or a song. Some media was low. Change the media and see if that is the issue
- A change in music.
An additional help is to enable developer options on your phone, then select the option to enable Absolute Volume (or toggle off the Disable Absolute Volume).
Check any of this and fix it as appropriate if you experience sudden low music volume on your android.
So that’s the answer to the question ‘how to make headphones louder on android’. As you can see, if you own an Android smartphone and a pair of headphones, getting an enjoyable stereo sound is generally very easy.
You can use the five simple techniques listed in this article to boost the volume of your sound.
Some headphones also have independent volume control buttons that can quickly help you to adjust the audio output. It’s also essential to ensure that you connect the headsets in the right way.