Do you love listening to music or watching movies on your headphones at the same time? In it, we discuss the benefits of headphones with two inputs. With this type of headphone, you can easily switch between audio and video input sources. This gives you greater flexibility and makes it easier to enjoy all your entertainment options.
This means you can stay connected to your gaming console while still enjoying subtle music from your smartphone. This article will explain how you can go about it to take your audio experience to a whole new level.
Below we present information on how to get the most from your headphones!
1. Best Overall: OneOdio A71 Hi-Res Studio Recording Headphones
Inputs: 3.5mm and 6.35mm jacks
- Bass Sound: Enjoy the clear sound and supreme comfort with the OneOdio FUSION headphones. Neodymium magnets...
- Built to Stay Comfortable: The soft padded ear cushions are specifically designed for monitor headphones'...
- No More Adapter: A long-style 9.8-Foot cord easily reaches from the TV or stereo to your chair. A...
OneOdio A71 Hi-Res headphone is one headphone that offers more than its price. It comes directly with a dual jack port of 3.5mm and 6.35mm that can be used simultaneously with no splitter.
It is compatible with musical instruments, game consoles, smartphones, computers, and almost all electronic devices.
- Hi-Res audio delivery
- High-quality share port technology
- Comes with a strong jack lock system that keeps the jack in place
- Comfortable padding
- No volume control button
- Old looking design
2. Best Wireless: Sennheiser RS 120 II Wireless RF Headphones
Inputs: to 1/8″ audio adapter^1/8″ to 1/4″ audio adapter (RCA jack or headphone out)
These headphones have two input options: a wireless RF connection and a standard audio input.
- Wireless freedom and stereo sound with reception through walls and ceilings up to 328 feetSimple
- Built-in recharging w/ (2) AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries includedDetailed
- Warm sound reproduction with strong bass responseOpen-Aire design for hi-fidelity audio reproduction Volume
The wireless RF connection gives you the freedom to move around without being tethered to your audio source. And the standard audio input lets you connect to any device
It includes a headphone charging cradle that acts as a Wireless Transmitter using lightweight radiofrequency.
Up to 300 reception
- Not compatible with Bluetooth technology
3. Best Design: PuroGamer Volume Limit Gaming Headset
Inputs: 3.5mm and USB
The PuroGamer Volume Limit Gaming Headset is a great choice for gamers who want to avoid hearing damage. It has two inputs – 3.5mm and USB inputs that allow you to connect to your Xbox One and PS4 simultaneously for example.
- CRYSTAL-CLEAR SOUNDS – Poorly designed gaming headphones diminish your experience and leave you at a...
- UNCOMPROMISING EAR PROTECTION – Don’t sacrifice hearing for a better KDR. Puro Sound Labs’ headphones...
- LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD – Whether you’re gaming with friends or crushing opponents, let them hear what you...
This headset also includes a microphone so you can chat with friends while you play.
The PuroGamer Volume Limit Gaming Headset is a great choice for those who want to use their headphones with multiple devices and have a mic at the same time.
4. Most Durable: Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless Noise Canceling Over-Ear Headphones
- Bundle Includes: Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless Noise Canceling Over-Ear Headphones (Black) and 10000mAh...
- Features: Industry-leading noise cancelation technology means you hear every word, note, and tune with...
- Next-level music with Edge-AI: Using Edge-AI (Artificial Intelligence) co-developed with Sony Music Studios...
This is a headphone with a blend of the best audio technology and premium quality sound delivery.
It comes with several smart features, such as the latest in the industry noise cancellation feature for crystal clear sound delivery. It connects easily to smartphones, computer and PC devices, and game consoles for efficient voice chat and music enjoyment.
- Has ambient sound adjustment feature
- Restores compressed high sound range
- Over 30hours of battery life on a 1-time charge
- Touch sensor response
- Unique interfaces might not be easy for the aged to use.
5. Best Entry-level: JBL Live 650BTNC – Around-Ear Wireless Headphone
- JBL Signature Sound; 40mm drivers and a sound signature that can be found in the most famous venues all around...
- Hands-free calls; Stay in touch with your world by managing calls with the buttons on the ear-cup. When the...
- Press play. Mute distractions; Keep the noise away and stay focused on the music with Active Noise Cancelling.
This is a headphone with a fully equipped 40mm power driver for a signature thumping bass delivery that makes every sound come to life.
It comes with an active noise cancellation feature that blocks all the surrounding noise. It is an ideal entry-level headphone with its lightweight, modern design, and long battery life.
- Efficient mute button
- 2 hours charging time that delivers over 30hours of battery life
- Hands-free voice chat
- Active use while charging
- Annoying noise-canceling flashlight while using at night
- Low durability
Can Headphones Take 2 Inputs?
Yes, some headphones can take 2 inputs. However, while there are high-tech headphones that are strong enough to take sound from 2 inputs, some do not have this feature.
This is only possible by using an extra gadget like a mixer or a Bluetooth multi-point. Below are some gadgets that make this connection easy, although it comes with its pros and cons.
1. Use A Mixer
A mixer is an electronic device for combining different audio signals, used in sound recording and reproduction. It is therefore ideal for combining 2 audio sources for a headphone.
A rolls mixer for example can mix two devices into one headphone, delivering dual audio outputs. It has cool features, such as easy signal change, sound mixing, and sound designing. To learn more, check out our guide on how to combine 2 sources into a single headphone.
- It is best for multiple inputs when used with studio monitors.
- It is easy to use by almost anybody delivering excellent quality and better sound.
- It is portable and durable.
- It produces a small background hum
2. Use Bluetooth Multipoint
Bluetooth Multipoint is a feature that allows you to connect your Bluetooth headphone to more than one Bluetooth-enabled device. You can easily enjoy music from your laptop while staying connected to notifications on your phone. To learn more, check out our guide on how to combine 2 sources into a single headphone.
- Remove wire cluster
- allows for multiple connections across supported devices
- Allow sitting far away from the device
- complicated to use
1. Why Do Headphones Have Two Jacks?
This is because of redundancy in airplane headphones, i.e., to solve a break in communication because of a broken headphone jack.
But, beyond this reason, in airplane headphones, one of the major reasons for this dual jack is to prevent theft. Airplane headphones were deliberately made to differ from other devices to discourage passengers from leaving with them.
2. How Can I Use One Headphone With Two Devices?
You can connect two devices with one headphone through Bluetooth multi-point or splitters. Some headphones, like the ones on this list, have two inputs and can be sued with two separate devices simultaneously.
Bluetooth multi-point is a new technology released with Bluetooth 4.0 and is mostly supported by Apple devices.
The Bluetooth multi-point connects to two devices at the same time over Bluetooth. The other method uses splitter gadgets such as the stereo Y-Splitter, USB adapter, Dual Headphone jack, etc. To learn more, check out our guide on how to combine 2 sources into a single headphone.
3. Can Headphones Be Both Input And Output?
Headphones, by design, are typically output devices, i.e., designed to produce sound from the computer (and other audio electronic devices).
However, with the rise of headphones with microphones and other modified headphones, it can be assumed to be possible to function as both an input and output device as desired.
4. How Do I Connect Two Wired Headphones?
Simply plug the splitter into your PC and the headphones into the splitter to use a headphone splitter. The Y splitter is so named because of its Y form and because it is the most popular splitter.
The Y splitter divides the headphone port into two audio outputs, allowing two headphones to be used simultaneously.
Using headphones with 2 Inputs is not rocket science, so you should be able to get your way around it. If you find it confusing, you just need to go through this article again and you should be able to enjoy all the sound you want in no time.