Table of Contents
- 1 Why Do I Have No Sound On My Amazon Fire Stick?
- 2 How to Fix the No Sound on Fire Stick Issue?
- 3 Fix Fire Stick Volume Control Not Working
- 4 Power Supply Plugging Issue
- 5 Muted TV audio
- 6 Restart Fire Stick
- 7 Test Audio Receiver
- 8 Make Sure Dolby Digital Output Always Turned Off
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 How Do I Get the Sound Back on My Fire Stick
- 11 Why is Sound not Working on TV?
- 12 How To Fix Fire Stick 4k No Sound?
- 13 Why is My Fire Stick Volume Not Working?
- 14 Conclusion
The Amazon Fire Stick has become a vital streaming device in many homes for entertainment systems. However, many Fire Sticks often develop a problem where there is no sound. The good news is that you can often fix the issues yourself. But, before you plan to do it yourself, you need to first understand the issue(s) affecting the sound.
If your Fire Stick only has sound sometimes, then you have a different issue and you need our guide on how to fix a Fire Stick when the sound is cutting out.
Why Do I Have No Sound On My Amazon Fire Stick?
Here are things that may interfere with your Fire Stick no sound issue.
- Faulty hardware
- Low internet connections
- Software not up-to-date
- Faulty cable connections
- Fire Stick audio output issues
- Fire Stick optimizing error
- Faulty FireTV volume
Apart from identifying any of the issues mentioned above, you need to know the type of device you are using. There are three types of Fire Stick gadgets, and probably you have one of them.
- Fire Stick using 1080p (video streaming feature)
- Fire Stick using (voice aid features) especially for echo gadgets
- Fire Stick using 4K (video streaming feature)
Using Fire Stick incorporates famous shows such as music, videos, and sports and delivers it using the network Amazon chain. And if you experience the no sound issue with your Fire Stick, rather than going through the process of contacting Amazon or a service provider, learn to fix it on your own.
How to Fix the No Sound on Fire Stick Issue?
Are you having a sound issue with your Fire Stick or experiencing distorted sound? If that’s the case, you need to follow the process below to solve the no sound on your Fire Stick yourself.
You don’t need to be an expert to fix your Fire Stick; follow the steps shared below to clear the no sound issue once and for all.
- You need to disconnect the Fire Stick from any power source
- Give it around 30 to 40 minutes and plug the device back to power
- Set the Fire Stick audio setting using default mode
- Make sure audio is not muted on TV
- Connect the A/V receiver using fire TV and turn it on
- Select audio on your TV menu
- After that, turn your Dolby Digital Plus off
- Give it a few seconds and then play or pause button
- And by this time, your Fire Stick should play sound perfectly
Going through these steps makes the process of removing errors easy.
It is not a mountainous process to fix these issues. If you are patient, the no sound issue should clear within a few minutes.
However, even after going through the above process and still experience Fire Stick no audio problem, then you need to approach the issue through other methods as follows:
- On your home screen, search for settings
- After that, go to the display and sound option
- When you reach there, click the audio option
- Then move to Dolby digital output and sound navigation
- Turn off the Dolby digital output and turn on the receiver on
- Now you can check whether your device is working fine
Fix Fire Stick Volume Control Not Working
The tricks shared above should eliminate the no sound issue. But there could be other problems causing your Fire Stick to produce no sound, and here is how you can fix it as put below.
Power Supply Plugging Issue
Most Fire Stick users tend to directly connect the USB power cord to their TV, which never provides sufficient power to the Fire Stick. As a result, both video and audio are affected, and most likely, the no sound issue will keep recurring since the power connection is not well established.
It’s advisable to connect directly to your power supply using a Fire Stick to prevent your TV from failing to recognize it.
Muted TV audio
You could be blaming your Fire Stick, while the issue is audio of your TV is probably muted. If you want to identify whether your TV audio is muted, you need to check the audio system and perform your TV sound check. Press your remote control button, and if that’s the issue, your system will respond, and the sound issue is solved.
A small mistake can prompt you to go through many processes to figure out the no sound problem.
Restart Fire Stick
In many homes, you’ll find that Amazon Fire Stick no sound issue is a common problem. Sometimes your Fire Stick sound issue may come to your system due to temporary connectivity, which freezes your screen and makes you think you have a problem with sound.
The best thing you can do is to restart your Fire Stick. Restarting can fix all the issues within a few minutes and resume back to your entertainment uninterrupted. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to the settings and then option
- After that select My Device
- After finalizing the process
- Go to the restart button
- Click the button to reboot your Fire Stick device again
Test Audio Receiver
It is confusing when the audio is turned off, and similarly, if your receiver is not put on, you may encounter a no sound problem.
If it’s attached to a home theater and the sound fails to on, that means it requires enough power to function properly. And that can rectify your amazon Fire Stick sound and allow you to enjoy your movie, music, or games.
Make Sure Dolby Digital Output Always Turned Off
This is vital to check when your Fire Stick no sound problem occurs because your Fire TV is never compatible with your Dolby Digital Sound. Here are the processes you can follow to identify that:
- Use your Fire Stick remote control to help you go to the home screen
- Go to the setting option
- Look for display and sound button
- After that, proceed to the Dolby Digital output option
- You’ll see on/off shown, and at this step, you should turn it off
If you connect to your home theater through your TV, then it doesn’t support Digital Dolby Plus technology, and that’s the reason to put it off. After following these steps, your Fire Stick should produce sound.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are questions that Fire Stick customers ask the most when faced with the no sound issue.
How Do I Get the Sound Back on My Fire Stick
You need to unplug your Fire Stick device from its power source. After taking about 30 to 40 seconds and connecting the power back, set the audio setting to default mode.
After that, make sure you confirm the audio is not muted on your TV, connect the A/V receiver through your fire TV and turn it on. Go to the TV menu and choose audio, and turn off (DGP) Dolby Digital Plus. Here is an example on how to connect a Fire Stick to a Denon receiver as an example. We also have a more general article on how to connect a Fire Stick to a home theater system.
Why is Sound not Working on TV?
Check audio settings if your TV is not muted but still cannot hear any sound working. Go to the screen menu, and check whether the TV speakers are set to On. And if all the cables are physically connected the right way, the TV and the input gadgets are in their right order.
Switch to another input device and check to confirm whether the sound from your TV speakers, for instance, gaming console or DVD player, is working.
How To Fix Fire Stick 4k No Sound?
You need to press the remote volume increase button or else purchase another remote from the Amazon store. This may cause the no sound issue to an end of your Fire Stick 4k once and for all.
Why is My Fire Stick Volume Not Working?
Turning off Dolby Digital Plus from your Amazon Fire TV may fix the issue. And you go to settings and after that go to Display and Sounds, where you turn off Dolby Digital Output.
If you are a first-time user, dealing with a no sound Fire Stick could prove to be a real headache. However, you can effortlessly fix the issue by following the procedures shared above. And in case they fail to bear fruit, contact the technical team to guide you by using their customer support phone details from Amazon’s official website.