The Amazon Fire Stick has become a vital streaming device in many homes for entertainment systems. However, many Fire Sticks often develop a problem where there is no sound. The good news is that you can often fix the issues yourself. But, before you plan to do it yourself, you need to first understand the issue(s) affecting the sound.
If your Fire Stick only has sound sometimes, then you have a different issue and you need our guide on how to fix a Fire Stick when the sound is cutting out.
Are you having a sound issue with your Fire Stick or experiencing distorted sound? If that’s the case, you need to follow the process below to solve the no sound on your Fire Stick yourself.
You don’t need to be an expert to fix your Fire Stick; follow the steps shared below to clear the no-sound issue once and for all.
- You need to disconnect the Fire Stick from any power source
- Give it around 30 to 40 minutes and plug the device back into the power
- Set the Fire Stick audio setting using the default mode
- Make sure audio is not muted on the TV
- Connect the A/V receiver using Fire TV and turn it on
- Select audio on your TV menu
- After that, turn your Dolby Digital Plus off
- Give it a few seconds and then play or pause the button
- And by this time, your Fire Stick should play sound perfectly
If after going through the above process and still experiencing Fire Stick no audio problem, then you need to approach the issue through other methods as follows:
- On your home screen, search for settings
- After that, go to the display and sound option
- When you reach there, click the audio option
- Then move to Dolby digital output and sound navigation
- Turn off the Dolby digital output and turn the receiver on
- Now you can check whether your device is working fine
Solution 1: Restart Your Firestick
If your Firestick has no sound, try a quick restart to fix it. You have got two ways to do this:
1. Pull the plug on your Firestick, wait around 60 seconds, then plug it back in.
2. Use your remote and follow these steps:
- Step 1: Hit Settings on your Firestick, then pick My Fire TV.
- Step 2: Click Restart. After that, hit Restart once more to make sure and kick off the process.
Restarting might just kick those weird bugs or system hiccups that could be messing with your sound.
Solution 2: Fix The Power Connection
Most Fire Stick users tend to directly connect the USB power cord to their TV, which never provides sufficient power to the Fire Stick. As a result, both video and audio are affected, and most likely, the no-sound issue will keep recurring since the power connection is not well established.
It’s advisable to connect directly to your power supply using a Fire Stick to prevent your TV from failing to recognize it.
Solution 3: Modify Your Audio Settings
If there is no sound, it is always a good idea to check your audio settings. Here is the step-by-step process:
- Step 1: Open Settings on the Firestick and then go to Display & Sound > Audio.
- Step 2: Now select Surround Sound. Change it from Best Available to Stereo.
Solution 4: Unmute Your Firestick and Turn Up the Volume
You could be blaming your Fire Stick, while the issue is audio of your TV is probably muted. If you want to identify whether your TV audio is muted, you need to check the audio system and perform your TV sound check.
Press your remote control button, and if that’s the issue, your system will respond, and the sound issue will be solved.
A small mistake can prompt you to go through many processes to figure out the no-sound problem.
Solution 5: Restart the Fire Stick
In many homes, you’ll find that Amazon Fire Stick no sound issue is a common problem. Sometimes your Fire Stick sound issue may come to your system due to temporary connectivity, which freezes your screen and makes you think you have a problem with sound.
The best thing you can do is restart your Fire Stick. Restarting can fix all the issues within a few minutes and resume back to your entertainment uninterrupted. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to the settings and then “Options”
- After that select My Device
- After finalizing the process
- Go to the restart button
- Click the button to reboot your Fire Stick device again
Solution 6: Turn on and Test the Audio Receiver
It is confusing when the audio is turned off, and similarly, if your receiver is not put on, you may encounter a no-sound problem.
If it’s attached to a home theater and the sound fails to on, that means it requires enough power to function properly. That can rectify your Amazon Fire Stick sound issue and allow you to enjoy your movies, music, or games.
Solution 7: Check Your Cable Connection
In addition to your power connection, your HDMI connections can cause an issue as well. If the HDMI is not connected properly or is loose, you need to unplug it and then properly reconnect it to the right HDMI port.
Solution 8: Turn Off Dolby Digital Output
This is vital to check when your Fire Stick no sound problem occurs because your Fire TV is never compatible with your Dolby Digital Sound. Here are the processes you can follow to identify that:
- Use your Fire Stick remote control to help you go to the home screen
- Go to the settings option
- Look for the display and sound button
- After that, proceed to the Dolby Digital output option
- You’ll see an on/off show, and at this step, you should turn it off
If you connect to your home theater through your TV, then it doesn’t support Digital Dolby Plus technology, and that’s the reason to put it off. After following these steps, your Fire Stick should produce sound.
Solution 9: Firestick Software Update
Your issue may be due to a software issue and in such a case your Fire Stick may just need a software update. Let’s get your Firestick up-to-date and fix this issue:
- Step 1: Navigate to Settings on your Firestick and choose My Fire TV.
- Step 2: Then, select About in the following menu.
- Step 3: Next, click on Install Update or Check for Updates. If there’s an update it’ll start downloading right away.
- Step 4: Wait for the update to finish installing; this could sort out your sound problem.
Solution 10: Reset Your Firestick to Factory Settings
If the sound still isn’t working on your Firestick after you’ve tried other fixes, you might need to do a factory reset. This wipes everything off your Firestick and goes back to the original settings, which might fix the “no sound” issue.
- Step 1: Go to Settings, then to My Fire TV on your device.
- Step 2: Click on Reset to Factory Defaults. Hit Reset again when it asks if you’re sure.
- Step 3: Once the reset is done, see if your Firestick’s sound is working now.
Keep in mind, that resetting should be your last option since it’ll get rid of all your settings and downloads.
Why Do I Have No Sound On My Amazon Fire Stick?
Here are things that may interfere with your Fire Stick no sound issue.
- Faulty hardware
- Low internet connections
- Software not up-to-date
- Faulty cable connections
- Fire Stick audio output issues
- Fire Stick optimizing error
- Faulty FireTV volume
Apart from identifying any of the issues mentioned above, you need to know the type of device you are using. There are three types of Fire Stick gadgets, and probably you have one of them.
- Fire Stick using 1080p (video streaming feature)
- Fire Stick uses (voice aid features), especially for echo gadgets
- Fire Stick using 4K (video streaming feature)
Using Fire Stick incorporates famous shows such as music, videos, and sports and delivers it using the network Amazon chain. And if you experience the no sound issue with your Fire Stick, rather than going through the process of contacting Amazon or a service provider, learn to fix it on your own.
Here are questions that Fire Stick customers ask the most when faced with the no sound issue.
How Do I Get the Sound Back on My Fire Stick?
You need to unplug your Fire Stick device from its power source. After taking about 30 to 40 seconds and connecting the power back, set the audio setting to default mode.
After that, make sure you confirm the audio is not muted on your TV, connect the A/V receiver through your fire TV, and turn it on. Go to the TV menu choose audio, and turn off (DGP) Dolby Digital Plus. Here is an example of how to connect a Fire Stick to a Denon receiver as an example. We also have a more general article on how to connect a Fire Stick to a home theater system.
Why is Sound not Working on TV?
Check audio settings if your TV is not muted but still cannot hear any sound working. Go to the screen menu, and check whether the TV speakers are set to On. And if all the cables are physically connected the right way, the TV and the input gadgets are in their right order.
Switch to another input device and check to confirm whether the sound from your TV speakers, for instance, gaming console or DVD player, is working.
How To Fix Fire Stick 4k No Sound?
You need to press the remote volume increase button or else purchase another remote from the Amazon store. This may cause the no sound issue to the end of your Fire Stick 4k once and for all.
Why is My Fire Stick Volume Not Working?
Turning off Dolby Digital Plus from your Amazon Fire TV may fix the issue. You go to settings and after that go to Display and Sounds, where you turn off Dolby Digital Output.
If you are a first-time user, dealing with a no-sound Fire Stick could prove to be a real headache. However, you can effortlessly fix the issue by following the procedures shared above. In case they fail to bear fruit, contact the technical team to guide you by using their customer support phone details from Amazon’s official website.