Egg-shaped speakers? You may be wondering why on earth speakers would be shaped like eggs.
Moreover, egg-shaped speakers can add exquisite character to your space, especially if you are a minimalist.
They look fantastic and will fit in well with a modern space. Let’s look at the best eggs shaped speaker available out there:
Top 3 Picks Best Egg-Shaped Speakers
1. Best Overall: KEF EGG E301 Satellite Speakers
First on our list of egg-shaped speakers is the KEF EGG E301. The KEF EGG E301 is a compact 5.1 speaker system with five egg-shaped speakers crammed with innovative technology – most notably KEF’s Uni-Q driver array.
The E301 is a revamped version of the superb KEF KHT3005SE and the original KHT2005 egg systems. However, this system comes at a relatively low price compared to the other two.
With a Chromecast aluminum base and a rounded back end, the E301 satellites feature a sleek design and can be turned easily to the ideal listening angle.
The built quality is satisfyingly robust, while its smooth matte finish feels luxurious.
Inside, the speakers are reinforced with damping and ribbing technologies, keeping unwanted resonance at bay.
The front mesh is made from aluminum, with a bit of coaxing that you can pull to reveal their innovative driver arrangement.
Sound-wise, the E305 audio system delivers an immersive soundstage when playing games or watching movies, thanks to the seamless integration of speakers. The satellites are tonally identical, allowing effects to pass fluidly and naturally between channels.
The satellites’ delightful integration extends to the subwoofer, giving you a solid, single soundstage with all channels working cohesively together. The subwoofer also delivers a solid bass performance, while the satellites render high-end signals with sparkling clarity.
Innovative pivot stand
Excellent build quality
Immersive soundstage with precise audio detail
Lacks the drive and dynamism of rival units
- Features KEF's patented 4.25" Uni-Q Driver which spreads sound over a wider, even area so you and your guests...
- Matte finish is complemented by satin chrome cast aluminium bases that simply rotate to form wall brackets....
- Desk stand doubles as sturdy wall mount.
Verdict: The KEF EGG E305 satellite speakers deliver polished audio quality in a stylish and innovative design, making it worth the money.
Its ability to integrate invisibly with the subwoofer allows it to reproduce the sound with excellent clarity, allowing you to enjoy a relaxed tone when listening to music or watching movies.
2. Cutest/Playful: Compact iCute Bluetooth Wireless Speaker – American Flag
This egg-shaped speaker is built with a powerful 3 W of audio blast. It sounds evident and loud and is compatible with most Bluetooth-enabled devices.
The Bluetooth range of the speaker is 32 ft, and you can efficiently perform hands-free calling with the built-in microphone. The included holding trap makes this speaker easier to transport. The speaker can be recharged with a Bluetooth cord and give you up to 6- hours of playtime.
This is a compact design speaker built with an egg-like appearance. The body has an American flag design, making it more elegant.
This speaker delivers more than its size. The manufacturer describes the sound as a “Big sound,” which is well supported by the full-range sound system characteristic of the speaker.
- Sleek design
- Not very powerful
3. Best High-End Speaker: Devialet Gold Phantom Speaker
When it comes to high-end speakers, most people think of Great Britain (Bowler & Wilkins), Germany (Beyerdynamic), and Japan (Audio-Technica).
However, this speaker from France ticks all the right boxes in terms of design, sound, and accessories. Here is an in-depth look at this premium speaker.
As a high-end speaker, the Devialet Gold Phantom speaker comes in a beautiful and mesmerizing design that reflects its performance.
- High-end, ultra-dense sound with more power, clarity, and precision than any other wireless speaker from...
- Every Phantom I comes complete with a dedicated remote to help you take full control of your music with utmost...
- THE DEVIALET APP: YOUR SOUND, YOUR WAY. Power this unreasonable requires some control. Set up your Phantom,...
Its hermetically sealed architecture features two lateral woofers, allowing it to perform under extreme pressure and compactness.
The Gold Phantom looks incredibly sleek, from its carved-out details surrounding the tweeter to the overactive woofers on each side.
It also features a heat-sink radiator at the back to keep it from overheating. Nonetheless, the speaker is a little bulky, weighing about 11.4kg.
With Devialet’s exclusive hybrid technology, the Gold Phantom is among the best wireless speakers in the market.
It delivers power, precision, and clarity, unlike any other speaker you’ve heard before, allowing you to enjoy up to 4500 watts of peak power.
Even at peak volume, the Devialet Gold Phantom delivers an unfazed sound with clean, precise, and accurate bass. Additionally, the treble and mids extend remarkably well thanks to its high-end titanium tweeter.
Excellent sound performance
State-of-the-art technology and design
Multiple connection options (Bluetooth, WiFi & Spotify Connect)
It’s among the most expensive speakers
You need to buy additional accessories
No products found.
Verdict: With a sleek design and incredibly loud sound, the Gold phantom is a testament to Devialet’s excellent craftsmanship and technology.
The price may not work for everyone – this is not a cheap speaker, but it’s not your everyday wireless speaker either. It’s instead a statement of wealth and a worthy choice for anyone who wants a unique listening experience.
4. Best Bass: Edifier USA E25 Luna Eclipse
With over two decades in the market, Edifier is known for creating some of the most attractive speaker systems.
This Beijing-based company claims its speakers combine a powerful audio experience and flawless sound with an elegant construction.
The E25 Luna Eclipse speakers have nailed it in design, and you can expect them to deliver a solid performance.
The Edifier E25 Luna Eclipse speakers come in a retro-modern ovoid design that evokes thoughts of the classic Pac-man game.
Each speaker features a 19mm tweeter and a 3-inch full-range driver paired with dual 3-inch passive bass radiators.
With the right speaker being the master, it comes with touch-sensitive controls hidden on the rear, though you can use a wireless remote for power and volume.
The touch-sensitive panel is highly user-friendly, and you can use a swiping motion to control the volume or change tracks when in Bluetooth mode.
Looking at the Edifier E25, it’s clear that the manufacturer paid a lot of attention to the build quality and design.
However, that doesn’t mean the speakers are boring when roaring or purring. It delivers 75 watts of RMS power, and you don’t need to crank up the volume to get the most out of the pair.
When listening to music, the pair delivers a well-balanced sound, holding comfortably with no loss of clarity, even at maximum volume.
The E25 also incorporates DRC and DSP technology to minimize distortion, while its two passive bass radiators maximize the bass performance for a fantastic listening experience.
Excellent build quality
Solid Bluetooth connection
Outstanding bass and clear midrange
An exposed tweeter may be damaged easily
Limited input options
- Bluetooth pairing capability with Bluetooth enabled devices
- Touch sensitive controls for volume, play/pause, previous/next track and standby as well as wireless remote...
- Auxiliary input port for versatile connectivity to external devices
Verdict: The Edifier E25 Luna Eclipse is an excellent pair of Bluetooth bookshelf speakers that give you the best sound and construction.
Their placement is limited since they must be linked using a cable, but the sound is well worth the hassle. Additionally, the price is relatively affordable for what you get.
5. Best Lantern Egg Speaker: TikiTunes Portable Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Speaker
This egg-shaped speaker rocks the market with a wireless speaker with dual sync capabilities. It has a built-in 2000 mAh rechargeable battery that can play music for up to 9 hours.
The speaker has an IP65 rating for being all-time dust and watertight, and it is perfect for listening to music indoors and outdoors.
This outdoor/indoor portable speaker comes in an elegant design with warm LED ambient flickering atmospheric light making it a gem for expedient evenings and nights.
- WIRELESS SPEAKER: Provides dual sync capabilities that allow the user to connect up to two TikiTunes from a...
- AMBIENT LED FLAME: Emits a flickering, atmospheric light providing the perfect ambiance for evenings spent...
- 9-HOUR PLAYTIME: Powered by the 2000 mAh rechargeable battery allows music to be played continuously from any...
Besides, the dust and watertight design make it perfect for all-weather as it gets out strong against significant weather elements.
The speaker delivers incredible sound performance. You can pair up to two speakers with dual sync capabilities from 30 feet to get an authentic stereo sound.
- Up to 9 hours of playtime
- 360-degree sound
- Bluetooth enabled
- Compatible with a wide range of devices
- Can pair with up to 2 speakers only
6. Best Under a Budget: Creative Pebble 2.0 Desktop Speakers
Unlike choosing a surround sound system that requires planning and research, finding a computer bookshelf speaker is pretty easy. However, those working under a budget may struggle to balance cost and performance.
With the new Creative Pebble 2.0, you can expect a decent performance in an attractive speaker for the same price as your dinner.
Inspired by Japanese Zen rock gardens, the Creative Pebble is angled to sit on your desk at 450 with a sleek and modern look.
The front side has a round tweeter on the upper part of its face, with golden stickers in the middle.
The active speaker has a volume and power knob beside its LED indicator light, making it easy to control the speaker. Additionally, it boasts a nice matte black outer shell and a glossy rubbery finish at the front, though it attracts fingerprints easily.
With most cheap desktop speakers, the performance often reflects the price. Fortunately, that’s not the case with the Creative Pebble desktop speakers, as they sound perfect for 2.0 speakers. Its 450 front design fires the sound upwards toward you rather than straight at you.
When enjoying your favorite tunes, the audio is clear and relatively well-balanced. The speakers are also very impressive when watching movies and playing games, although they are not 5.1 surround speakers.
Decent sound performance
Easy to set up
It comes with a subwoofer
No bass controls
Lots of cables
- Single Usb Cable For Computers And Laptops | Enjoy A Hassle-Free Audio Experience With A Single Usb Cable...
- Far-Field Drivers And Passive Radiators | Custom-Tuned Far-Field Driver Solution With Rear Facing Passive...
- 45° Elevated Drivers | For Enhanced Audio Projection And An Immersive Personal Listening Experience
Verdict: If you don’t mind missing some wireless functionalities or bass controls, the creative Pebble 2.0 is a solid set of computer speakers. The pair is relatively cheap, and the sound performance is decent, giving you more than what your money is worth.
7. Best Versatility: KEF Egg Versatile Desktop Speaker
An egg speaker the KEF Egg is a versatile wireless speaker system designed for TVs, PCs, and Bluetooth devices.
It comes with an inbuilt DAC and amp, making it an excellent plug-and-play solution that eliminates clutter on your desk.
With an attractive grille cloth and alluring curves, the KEF Egg speakers are pure eye candy. The pair comes with compact enclosures, taking minimal space on your desk, and the build quality remains impressive.
The enclosures are predominantly plastic, but the speakers still have a good weight. Additionally, its tweeter is vented internally to eliminate potentially distorting high pressures that may build up behind the dome.
While the KEF Egg comes with two speakers, it’s a master-slave system that delivers a well-balanced and articulate sound that’s easy to the ear. It pumps out a solid mid-range with plenty of high-end detail, while the bass blends everything.
The EGG allows you to enjoy the benefit of KEFF’s Uni-Q driver array, delivering outstanding acoustic clarity. Moreover, its two-way bass reflex and class-D amplifier can pump out 50 watts of power.
Immersive and well-balanced sound
Good connectivity and simple operation
Oddly placed optical input
- The KEF EGG brings every nuance of your music or movies to life whether you're listening via USB, auxiliary...
- Switch between the EGG's input with its own dedicated remote control, which also allows you to control the...
- The unique speaker duo is powered, meaning it employs its own integrated amplifier and DAC. All you need to do...
Verdict: If raucous volume levels and shuddering bass are your top priorities, then the KEF Egg speakers might not be ideal. However, these speakers are exactly what you need if you desire crystal-clear sound in a compact and elegant-looking pair of speakers. It can connect with all your Bluetooth devices and occupies minimal space on your desk.
JBL Egg-Shaped Speakers
Most JBL egg-shaped speakers are car speakers. Please see our below list of good JBL egg-shaped speakers:
- The product is a bundle of 1 JBL Club 9630 and 1 Alphasonik Earbuds
- 6x9" Club Series 3-Way Coaxial Car Speakers Power Handling: Peak: 480 watts per set / RMS: 160 watts per set
- Recommended Power Range: 10 - 80 watts RMS per channel Polypropylene Plus One cone Edge Driven PEI Tweeter
- Power Handling: 70W RMS, 105W peak
- Sensitivity (@ 2.83V): 91dB
- Impedance (ohms): 3
- JBL Premium Sound Quality at an Affordable Price
- Plus One Woofers Cones provide a larger surface area which results in an increase in overall efficiency by up...
- Edge-driven Dome Tweeter deliver broader and smoother high frequency response
1. What other shapes are speakers available in?
There are honeycomb-structured speakers, emoji speakers, dog-shaped speakers, skull-shaped speakers, and more available in the market.
2. What are the 4 types of speakers?
Traditional loudspeakers, in-wall/ceiling speakers, soundbars, and subwoofers are the four basic types of speakers found in today’s homes. Each type of speaker serves a unique purpose and is suitable for various applications.
3. Do egg-shaped speakers work with the latest Bluetooth version?
Egg-shaped speakers work well with the latest Bluetooth version, 5.3, which came into existence in 2021. You can connect your Bluetooth device, like your Android phone or an iPhone, with it and play music.
Note that for Bluetooth to work, you do not necessarily need a Wi-Fi connection. Bluetooth can work even without the presence of a Wi-Fi connection. Also, check the Bluetooth version of your egg-shaped speaker and see which version it supports.
4. Where can I possibly keep my egg-shaped speakers?
You can hang the speakers or drill a shelf, especially for them, on the walls. You can even place them on the side tables of your living room. You can even drill them into the walls if not on the wall shelves.
There you have it, the best egg speakers or egg-shaped speakers in 2020. Egg-shaped speakers are innovative devices that are sleek and provide a unique way of producing quality sound.
Egg-shaped speakers are excellent choices if you want modern speakers to fit well in minimal, clean-cut space. We hope you found one that matches your home decor and musical needs.