Table of Contents
- 1 Top 3 Picks
- 2 1. Best Overall: iLuv iMM377BLK MobiAir
- 3 2. Best Budget Docking Station: Inateck Bluetooth 4.0 Portable Speaker
- 4 3. Best Design: JBL OnBeat Venue
- 5 4. Best Desktop Speaker Dock: Azpen D100 Wireless Charging Station
- 6 5. Best Bass: Philips Fidelio AS351 Android Speaker Dock
- 7 Other Options
- 8 Choosing The Best Docking Station With Speakers For Android Phones
- 9 Samsung Docking Station With Speakers
- 10 Mp3 Player Docking Station With Speakers
- 11 Bluetooth Speakers With Charging Dock
- 12 USB Type C Docking Station Speakers
- 13 Conclusion
Docking stations with speakers have been around for over two decades now, and their popularity has only grown over the years for various reasons.
They are easy to use, functional, cable-free, and often offer a decent sound when streaming your favorite tunes from your phone.
Their rise in popularity has attracted thousands of third-party manufacturers competing to create the best docking speaker system compatible with your IOS and Android device to create that boost in sound quality.
This article will help you pick the best docking station with speakers for Android phones:
Top 3 Picks
1. Best Overall: iLuv iMM377BLK MobiAir
Design and features
If you need a docking station with a compact and convenient design, then iLuv’s iMM377BLK is right up your alley.
This small and portable Bluetooth speaker dock is compatible with a range of devices via Bluetooth, and its design is optimized to offer a wide soundstage. Additionally, it comes with a rechargeable battery, but it needs to be plugged when charging your phone through the dock.
With powerful amplifiers and dynamic acoustic speakers, this cell phone docking station with speakers from iLuv offers an enhanced sound clarity with a punch.
Aside from the deep audio experience, it comes with an inbuilt speakerphone that facilitates clear hands-free conversations. Additionally, it’s simple interface gives you a wonderful user experience.
- Built-in speakerphone for hands-free calling
- Stylish and portable design
- Deep acoustic experience
- Durable inbuilt battery (4 hours)
Must be plugged to charge your phone
The iLuv iMM377BLK is a compact Bluetooth speaker dock designed in an ingenious design to deliver great performance. It’s compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled Android phones and it delivers a pleasant acoustic experience. Even better, you can use the speaker for hands-free calling and charging your smartphone.
2. Best Budget Docking Station: Inateck Bluetooth 4.0 Portable Speaker
Design and Features
If you’re looking for an impressive speaker dock under a tight budget, then this unit from Inateck is your solution.
It’s rechargeable and easily portable speaker with a contemporary design and compact size. The exteriors feature strong ABS plastic material, with a retractable stand that holds your device firmly to protect it from damage.
With a 3.5mm audio jack and Bluetooth connectivity, this docking station works great with Android and IOS devices.
Its dual channel audio drivers can deliver a crystal clear 10watt sound, with its intelligent audio technology preventing distortions. Even better, Inatech included an inbuilt mic to make the speaker ideal for hands-free calling.
- Modern design and compact size for durability
- Lightweight and highly portable
- Crystal clear 10watt audio without distortion
- Durable 800mAH battery that lasts for 4-5 hours
Looks a bit generic
This Inateck’s Bluetooth speaker features a simple and modern design paired with a wonderful sound performance. The speaker dock is rechargeable, portable and easy to use thanks to its simple design and user-friendly interface. Even better, it boasts of a very affordable price unlike some units out there. Moreover, it’s a great choice if you want to enjoy hands-free calls while your phone is still connected.
3. Best Design: JBL OnBeat Venue
Design and Features
With JBL being a leading manufacturer of high-quality audio systems, the OnBeat Venue ticks all the right boxes in design, build quality, and finish.
It’s a robust and well-made 30-pin docking station with a substantial compact size that doesn’t feel bulky. Additionally, it has a nice finish and a neat look with the control buttons on the top for a friendly user experience.
Using JBL’s OnBeat Venue is simple and straightforward, with the source button allowing you to select between three input sources; Bluetooth, Aux In and the dock.
With powerful JBL drivers, the OnBeat venue delivers a room-filling sound, allowing you to experience an exceptional bass plus clear mids and highs. That gives you 30watts of audio amplification to rock any party
- 30 watts of audio power
- Dock Charger compatible with IOS devices
- Wireless audio streaming with the Harman Truestream Technology
- User-friendly equalizer settings
- Solid construction
- No remote control
- A little distortion at full volume
JBL’s OnBeat Venue is a sleek, compact speaker dock for your IOS devices with inbuilt Bluetooth for connecting your Android phones. It has an excellent sound quality whether using it wirelessly or through the dock, reaching an impressively loud volume. It doesn’t have a remote control, but it does a great job as an easy-to-use music system.
4. Best Desktop Speaker Dock: Azpen D100 Wireless Charging Station
Design and features
The Azpen D100 is a modern all-in-one charging and docking station compatible with your tablet and Android phones.
Thanks to its sleek, minimalistic design, the D100 is perfect for your desk as it only occupies a small space. Additionally, it features an inbuilt microphone for hands-free calling.
While connecting with your Android device through Bluetooth 4.0, this desktop docking station delivers a 10watt high-fidelity sound.
The audio performance is impressive, but don’t expect the bass to pack a punch at its size. Nevertheless, the D100 combines a Bluetooth speaker system with Qi wireless charging station to offer you a quick charging solution while enjoying your music.
- Two additional USB charging ports
- Impressive audio performance
- Works with Qi-enabled devices
- Easily accessible media buttons
The bass could be better
If you need a stylish and compact docking station for your desk, the Azpen D100 is the right speaker dock for you. It delivers an impressive 10 Watt sound, and its small size makes it easy to set up anywhere around your house or office. Moreover, you can use it as a speakerphone. I can highly recommend this modern docking station with speakers for android phones!
5. Best Bass: Philips Fidelio AS351 Android Speaker Dock
Design and features
Created by Phillips, a world-leading electronics manufacturer, the Fidelio AS351 boasts of an attractive and modern design.
With a scooped curving design, it presents an amazing aesthetic appeal and a friendly interface. Moreover, the speaker’s size (less than 11 inches wide) allows it to fit anywhere, making it easily portable.
The Philips Fidelio dock speaker boasts of two inbuilt speakers that deliver crystal clear audio at 10 watts.
It also has precisely tuned bass pipes for tight and deep bass reproduction. For versatility, this android dock powers the speaker through an AC cord, but you can enjoy the music on the go with four AA batteries.
- Deep and tight bass reproduction
- Amazing audio power and clarity
- Multiple power connections including AA batteries
- Highly portable
- No rechargeable battery
- No mute option
The Philips Fidelio Android docking station offers good value for the money. It’s a multi-functional docking station with great sound quality and enough bass to get your party going. Unlike other units on the list, you can use it with AA batteries when away from the power socket. Moreover, its a highly portable docking station with speakers for android phones.
- High-fidelity Bluetooth speaker is small enough to take with you
- Dock charges speaker and Qi-compatible devices wirelessly
- Feature a USB port for wired charging
- 【Wireless Fast Charging】Our fast Samsung/Iphone wireless charger is 1.5 times faster than standard...
- 【Wireless Charger Bluetooth Speaker】SoarOwl bluetooth charger is deep bass. With Bluetooth 4.2 & NFC and...
- 【"NFC" and Computer Speaker Charger】Open the NFC function of your phone, simply touch the "NFC", the top...
- Color Category: Black, Wi-Fi Built-in: Not Available
- Headphone Jack: Yes, Input(s): Lightning
- Smart Capable: Not Available
Buying an Android Docking station with speakers can be a big challenge, especially with the many brands now selling the same product. Here are some of the best Smartphone Docking Stations with speakers you can consider:
It comes with a wireless charger with up to 3 charging coils that will charge compatible phones vertically and horizontally. The Bluetooth speakers have a built-in mic and can be used as a speakerphone.
Other features include wireless and USB charging that can simultaneously charge up to three devices.
This Dock, charge, and listen 3-in one device is a futuristic Qi wireless charging sound station that can charge a wide range of devices while enhancing your music and video streaming experience at the same time.
The design is innovative and combines a built-in Bluetooth speaker, Docking, and Qi wireless charging in one solid device.
With 2 HDMI, gigabit Ethernet, 6X USB 3.6, VGA, and DVI, the 13-in-one docking station is one of the most futuristic Android phone docking stations that come with in-built speakers. It has a two years warranty with lifetime technical support.
This device supports Android, PC, and Mac and comes with 4 USB 3.0 ports, 1 gigabit Ethernet port, 2 DisplayPort, and a detachable 1-meter USB-C to C host cable that works with Thunderbolt 3. The ergonomic wedge design makes it more comfortable for typing.
Choosing The Best Docking Station With Speakers For Android Phones
Just like all of our “Best of” speaker reviews, we choose our top picks by looking at them with an end-user approach.
By checking important metrics like sonic clarity, physical size, design, loudness, and features, we ensure that you get full value for your money. Here are a few factors that are worth considering:
While you may only be thinking about the aesthetic appeal when buying a docking station with speakers for android phones, its design can also determine the performance.
For example, the Philips Fidelio AS351cell phone docking station with speakers delivers a strong bass thanks to its design. Moreover, a nice design may indicate high-quality drivers housed inside.
With a great cell phone docking station with speakers, the audio spread is aided by highly rigid speaker cones to minimize distortion.
For that, the audio performance of the docking station you choose should allow you to enjoy a room-filling dispersion.
If you are using headphones, docking stations are actually one great way to make your headphones louder on Android.
Since docking stations with speakers for android phones are designed for digital audio, the connectivity of the speaker system with other devices is also important.
For that, some cell phone docking station with speakers offers Bluetooth and aux input to make it easy to connect with other devices.
The audio performance and connectivity (wired or wireless) can affect the price of a cell phone docking station with speakers.
As such, you can expect high-quality speaker docks to be well equipped, with the prices varying according to the features and general design.
In addition, if you have an iPhone, please note that we have a separate article on how to increase Bluetooth volume on an iPhone if that’s why you wanted a dock.
Even though most people but speaker docks with the intention of leaving them in one place, you should still consider portability.
Speaker docks are generally designed to be very portable. If you want to take your speaker docks with you, make sure it is lightweight and can easily fit and hold your phone.
The Perfect Fit
Your speaker dock must be able to fit your phone snuggly so that it won’t fall out easily. Keep in mind that while some docks provide a snug fit, it is sometimes necessary to remove the phone case before use. Other docks allow variable fit so you can adjust the fit to the phone.
So, What’s The Best Speaker Dock?
Our choice for the best speaker dock is the JBL OnBeat Venue and the Bose SoundDock XT Speaker is a close runner up. These speaker docks are ideally be portable, offer Bluetooth connectivity and are lightweight. You can even stream content and enjoy other features.
Samsung Docking Station With Speakers
We spent some quality time to show you just two of the best Samsung Docking Stations with speakers to consider buying.
This 3-in-one device you can use for DockingDocking, charging, and listening comes with a certified Qi wireless charger and three vertical charging coils. The 5.0 speaker system has bass ports for improved music and video streaming experience.
This device supports multiple devices, including Samsung Galaxy S20, Apple Watch, Airpods, iPhone, among other Qi-enabled devices.
It can charge up to 4 devices and has built-in safety charging features with cutting-edge technology to protect your devices from overcharging and overheating. Also, the design is sleek, ergonomic, well-organized, and clutter-free.
Mp3 Player Docking Station With Speakers
Here are some of the best Mp3 player docking stations with speakers you can find in the market.
- Sony RDPM5IP 30-Pin iPhone/iPod Portable speaker dock
- USB docking station dual monitor, 13 in 1 triple display laptop docking station
- HTOOLS laptop docking station
- Pluggable USB 3.0 universal laptop docking station dual monitor for Windows and Mac
Bluetooth Speakers With Charging Dock
Here are some of the Bluetooth speakers that come with charging docks. The list has some of the best quality, highly rated, and top performance devices you will find in the market.
- Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST portable waterproof Wi-Fi and Bluetooth speaker with hands-free voice control-Graphite
- Ultimate Ears BLAST Portale waterproof Wi-Fi and Bluetooth speaker + powerful up charging Dock with hands-free Amazon Alexa Voice control
- Belkin SoundForm Elite Hi-Fi smart speaker + Wireless charger, Qi charging Dock with sound acoustics by Devialet, Alexa voice-controlled Bluetooth speaker for iPhone, Galaxy, and more
- Belkin wireless charging speaker
USB Type C Docking Station Speakers
- Universal USB—C laptop hub, Dock, and speaker
- USB-C multiport Dock with a speaker, Qi, and PD (100 W)
- Goobay USB-C premium dock with multi-media speaker
- Logi Dock all-in-one docking station with meeting controls and speakerphone
There you have it, the best docking station with speakers for android phones. These cell phone docking stations with speakers are different in design and functionality, but they offer amazing performance while paired with your Smartphone.
Our all-time favorite is the JBL OnBeat Venue, but you can choose any of the other units on the list.