Table of Contents
- 1 How To Connect A Bluetooth Soundbar To A TCL Roku TV Quick Guide
- 2 How To Connect A Bluetooth Soundbar To A TCL Roku TV Using a Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver Step By Step
- 3 Does Roku TV Have Bluetooth?
- 4 What Bluetooth Devices Can I Connect?
- 5 What Soundbars Are Compatible With Roku TV?
- 6 How Does Roku TV Work?
- 7 Why Should I Buy Roku TV Over Other Regular Smart TV Devices?
- 8 How Do I Program My Soundbar To The Roku Remote?
- 9 How to Connect Samsung Soundbar to Roku TV
- 10 What is the Benefit of Buying a Roku TV?
- 11 Disadvantages of Roku
- 12 So, Is Roku TV Really Worth Your Money?
Connecting a Bluetooth soundbar to a Roku TV isn’t currently a supported feature. However, what happens if you have a Roku TV and a Bluetooth soundbar that doesn’t support Roku OS? In this case, you need to use a Bluetooth receiver or you can also use the Roku app the make the connection. In this article, we will focus on how to connect a Bluetooth soundbar to a Roku TV.
You can connect a Bluetooth soundbar to a Roku TV by using a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver, using the Roku app or using the connecting via the Roku remote and a Bluetooth receiver/transmitter.
Read on for more details.
How To Connect A Bluetooth Soundbar To A TCL Roku TV Quick Guide
To connect a soundbar to a Roku TV, follow the quick guide below:
Using A Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver
- Get a Bluetooth receiver like the ZIIDOO Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver.
- Connect the Bluetooth receiver to the RCA output of the Roku TV
- Pair the soundbar and the Bluetooth receiver
Check below for more details on this below.
Using The Roku App
1. Download this free Roku app on your smartphone or tablet. This will convert your device into a Roku TV control center. Whatever device the app is on must be on the same WiFi network as the TV.
2. Open the app and go to the remote section of the app, and select the headphone icon.
3. Connect your Bluetooth soundbar to your smartphone.
4. On select Roku devices, you can also use “private listening mode”.
5. The audio should play through your Bluetooth soundbar.
6. That’s it, you now have Bluetooth on Roku!
Using The Roku Remote
Roku TVs come with an enhanced remote that features a headphone jack.
You can stream audio from your Roku device to your remote and connect a Bluetooth receiver/transmitter to the remote.
How To Connect A Bluetooth Soundbar To A TCL Roku TV Using a Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver Step By Step
Before you can stream audio to your soundbar from the Roku TV, it is important that you ensure you are using a compatible soundbar with Bluetooth enabled.
Begin by connecting your smartphone, computer, or tablet to the Roku TV. You will be able to do this through the pairing process which allows Bluetooth devices to recognize each other and securely connect to each other wirelessly.
Usually, the pairing details are saved by the paired devices making it possible to reconnect the devices even after they are powered off.
It will therefore be necessary to pair your soundbar to the Roku TV only once. In this section, we will focus on connecting a Bluetooth soundbar to Roku TV with a Bluetooth Receiver.
Follow the steps below to connect the Bluetooth soundbar to Roku TV.
Step 1: Acquire The Necessary Equipment
Begin by getting all the equipment and placing them together in one place. Because you already have a Roku TV and Bluetooth soundbar, you may need to buy a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver like the ZIIDOO Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver.
Step 2: Connect The Bluetooth Receiver To The RCA Output Of The Roku TV
Generally, Roku TVs will have an RCA or another type of auxiliary output that can pair with a Bluetooth receiver.
Plug the receiver into the respective input/output port. Also, you will need to connect the receiver to the power source to ensure that it is powered and can be turned on and off.
Step 3: Pair The Two Devices Via Bluetooth
Once the Bluetooth receiver is plugged into the TV, turn the devices on and begin the pairing process. Check on the devices to confirm that the lights on the devices blink before you can pair the soundbar to the TV. Follow the directions provided on the Bluetooth receiver to complete the connection.
Step 4: Adjust Your TVs Settings
Once the connection is completed, the Roku TV should begin to receive the soundbar as an output speaker option. However, if this does not occur automatically, it is advisable that you adjust the settings for the device together with the speaker options.
Also, you will need to ensure that the soundbar is recognized as a speaker under the “Control Other Devices” section. Besides, you will need to choose the speaker as your default speaker for the Roku TV.
Does Roku TV Have Bluetooth?
Roku has not been left behind by the growth in audio and video technology. The company has therefore greatly expanded the Roku Private Listening feature to make it available through the Roku app for iPad, iPhone, and Android devices. This now makes it easier for listeners to enjoy great audio from up to four Bluetooth devices such as a Bluetooth soundbar connected to the Roku device.
What Bluetooth Devices Can I Connect?
One ought to establish first the Roku’s compatibility to any Bluetooth device intended to be connected. An incompatible device means that you will not be able to connect a Bluetooth device neither will you stream audio with the Bluetooth channel.
Bluetooth-capable devices such are smartphones, computers, or tablets can easily be connected to Roku devices upon setting it up.
It should however be noted that some wireless Bluetooth devices are incompatible and thus cannot be connected. Before pairing the devices, follow the steps below
- First, turn on the Bluetooth device
- On the settings menu search the device with which to pair
- If the codes match, accept on both devices
What Soundbars Are Compatible With Roku TV?
If you own Roku TVs then you understand how it can sometimes be disappointing to have poor sound quality. There are however several soundbars particularly designed to work with Roku TVs.
Some of the brands that are not just compatible with Roku, but will augment the audio and improve your sound experience with the TV include:
- TCL Alto 7+ 2.1 channel Home Theater Soundbar with wireless subwoofer
- TCL Alto 9+ 3.1 Dolby Atmos sound bar
- Sony HT-S350 soundbar with wireless subwoofer
- Roku Smart soundbar
- Hisense HS218 2.1ch soundbar with wireless subwoofer
How Does Roku TV Work?
All Roku or Roku-enabled devices, from Roku-enabled Soundbars to Roku TVs are enabled to connect to the internet for audio or video streaming. On acquiring a new Roku device, carry out the following:
- The first thing to do is to create a Roku account. For example, if you get a Roku player, and with the account, you can turn it into Roku TV in a minute.
- Turn on your TV, which will then display on the home screen different icons representative of different free streaming channels such as YouTube and paid channels such as Netflix or HBO GO, Netflix et cetera.
- Access traditional cable or satellite through these apps such as NBC, Fox
Why Should I Buy Roku TV Over Other Regular Smart TV Devices?
- Roku TVs use an operating system manufactured by Roku, thus convenient
- Definite variety of options to pick on
- User-friendly, easy to use interface
- More than reasonable and affordable price but provide similar or even better listening and watching experience simultaneously
- Availability of latest models of devices such as 4K or Dolby Vision with some of them having built-in mics which can be managed without even touching a remote for they support HomeKit, Alexa, or Hey Google voice assistance.
How Do I Program My Soundbar To The Roku Remote?
You can seamlessly program your soundbar to the Roku remote by following the steps below:
- Turn on the TV, and open the Roku interface to access Settings from the Home icon.
- While at “settings,” scroll down and select Audio, then Audio Preferences, and finally Audio Mode.
- Select Auto (DTS)
- Return to the Audio menu, select S/PDIF, and set it to Auto-detect
- Return to the Audio menu, and choose ARC
- Set it to Auto-detect
- Go to Settings, then System, and select CEC
- Mark the checkbox adjacent to ARC (HDMI).
How to Connect Samsung Soundbar to Roku TV
To connect your Samsung soundbar to Roku TV, here are the simple steps to follow:
- Connect Samsung soundbar to the TCL Roku TV
- Turn on both devices
- Turn on settings on the TV
- Click on the “Control other devices”
- Enable the connection you selected
- Pull up the system audio control on the main menu
- Enable the connection you selected
- Return to “Home”
- The soundbar should be able to work now
What is the Benefit of Buying a Roku TV?
It’s simple and cost-effective to watch your favorite TV on a Roku.
Roku devices let you watch what you want and don’t need other equipment. They save money and help your home look better.
Disadvantages of Roku
- No Program Storage – Many people enjoy the convenience of recording TV shows and movies. It can be fun to record a show and watch it later.
- No Inter-connectivity – Most households have more than one television. You can stop and start programs from any location with modern media networks. But Roku does not have this feature.
- High Definition Internet Is Not There – Roku supports high-definition at 1080p, but few Internet sites support high-definition Internet. Even when a signal is sent at 1080p, few users have an Internet connection that can handle such a signal.
So, Is Roku TV Really Worth Your Money?
In conclusion, considering the additional features you get from Roku TV over regular Smart TVs including the extra connectivity options, it is worth mentioning that YES, you do get value for your money!