Even before the advent of Bluetooth, Bose speakers were counted among the Ferrari of speakers, not just for their performance, but for the huge price tag that came with it.
However, in the Bluetooth speaker world, there are now a lot of brands that rival the performance of Bose with only a fraction of the price.
For this reason, most people take time to compare Bose speakers before they decide which one to buy. So with that, let’s take a look at the best Bose speaker available.The fact is, brands like Anker, JBL, UE and even Beats by Dre come with amazing sound quality with a lower price tag, but the Bose brand still means a lot to many people! So in this competitive market, let’s compare Bose speakers both by features as well as individual speakers.
Bose speakers are excellent as portable speakers, especially on the low end. Check out our comparison of Bose vs Boston Acoustics (which makes excellent low-end speakers) and you’ll see that the Bose advantage is portability. Keep in mind, however, if you are looking to purchase a complete Bose speaker system like Bose Lifestyle, then these Bose speakers aren’t compatible with other receivers out of the box. However, you can read our article on how to use Bose speakers with other receivers.
Best Bose Speakers On Amazon
Best Bose Speakers For Portability
One of the key reasons people choose Bluetooth over traditional speaker options is because they can actually take them places.
You can toss them in the back of a truck, pack them in a purse, and generally take them to get the party started anywhere.
The portability of a speaker combines the aspects of size, convenience, and sturdiness to create the complete portable package. Let’s compare Bose speaker for portability:
1. Bose Soundlink Mini II: Bose has created a Mini product line that allows for it’s traditionally very clunky and large speakers to be more portable, but even the Mini model won’t be able to slip into your pocket.
They have also reinforced their SoundLink Mini models with more durable material (Aluminum) that makes it tough while still allowing it to be particularly lightweight.
2. Bose SoundLink Revolve+: The Bose SoundLink Revolve+ is an excellent speaker from Bose delivering deep, loud, and 360 degrees sound.
This speaker is also great for taking with you outdoors. First, it has a convenient handle that you can use to carry it in hand, and onto your bike, etc.
Moreover, the speaker is very portable with an aluminum body. It is also water-resistant (not waterproof).
Best Bose Speakers For Ease of Use
What good is a Bluetooth speaker if you can’t figure out how to connect and use it without much effort?
The good news is that Bose speakers connect relatively painlessly with most Bluetooth devices.
The bad news is that it lacks a lot of the useful features that users have grown accustomed to with other speakers like speakerphone and USB charging. Let’s compare Bose speaker for ease of use:
Bose SoundLink Color: The Bose Soundlink Color is a simple speaker. This speaker offers full-range sound. For example, you can easily pair this speaker with voice prompts.
Just looking at it, you can see that it has a simple design with simple buttons that you are already familiar with.
Bose Soundlink Mini II: Again, the Soundlink Mini II offers voice prompts for pairing and well as a built in microphone and simple controls that you are familiar with.
The speakerphone is a feature that most people can live without, but USB charging is another story.
It might even be a deal breaker since many users want to be able to charge their Bose without having to lug around another set of cords and its mobile charging station.
Best Bose Speakers For Battery Life
The battery life is one of the Bose’s most major failings. If you want to compare Bose speakers to other speakers, they might fail as it related to battery life.
With only around a seven hour battery life on most models, it lacks the battery charge of Bluetooth speakers available at even a fourth of the price.
In order to combat this, models like the SoundLink Mini come with a replaceable battery so you can keep the music rolling without connecting it to a charging station, but at the same time, replacing the battery is kind of a pain. However, the Bose SoundLink Revolve+ is an exception:
1. Bose SoundLink Revolve+: In terms of battery life, the Bose SoundLink Revolve+ offers 16 hours of playtime from a long-lasting, rechargeable, lithium-ion battery.3.6 inches Full-Range Driver.
2. Bose Soundlink Mini II: This speaker offers up to 10 hours of battery life. Not exceptions when it comes to other long-lasting Bluetooth speakers, but it’s pretty good for Bose!
Now this is what you are really paying for. Why buy the Ferrari of speakers if you don’t get that same roar?
- Audio Quality – Like traditional Bose speakers, the company brought the same audio clarity and richness to its Bluetooth models. For many, that alone justifies the price as listening to a Bose speaker has the same powerful sound as listening through a good headset no matter where you are located from the speaker.
- Bass – Along with its superb audio clarity, Bose knows how to bring the bass. In fact, it can be counted among one of the best bass-producing Bluetooth speakers on the market. As the bass is balanced and doesn’t overwhelm the sound, you won’t get that table-shaking boom, but it is what creates the wholesome sound from the speakers.
- Volume – For as praised as Bose is for its sound quality and even the quality of its bass, Bose Bluetooth speakers aren’t perhaps the best choice for larger parties. The volume is a bit toned down when compared to other Bluetooth speaker brands. Unfortunately what you usually get from other speakers is either good bass or louder volume, rarely both.
- Water Resistance: Unfortunately, like all Bose models, even its Bluetooth speakers should be kept as far away from water as possible. Even light rain can mean the end of its expensive life, meaning that the Bose line is probably not an option for outdoor excursions or poolside parties.
When you buy a Bose, you are paying for that rich, wholesome sound that the brand is known for. If you are looking for a Bluetooth speaker that is waterproof, loud, or can be charged with the same cord that charges your phone, then it may be better to consider some of the cheaper options out there.
However, if you want a solid Bluetooth speaker that can fill your house with music as it was supposed to be heard, you get what you pay for with Bose and it’s worth every penny. In any case, it’s good that you decided to compare Bose speakers, I hope you will make the right choice.