The best Bluetooth Headphones Under $100 isn’t an easy thing to decide on. Not because there aren’t a lot of them, though.
These days, you can find a really good Bluetooth speaker for activities, the house, hiking, camping, the beach, and the shower for a great price. Some even under $50!
Of course, if you are using certain devices like one of the later iPads for example, you may need special headphones for your iPad.
For the sake of this page, we’ll be concentrating on those Bluetooth Speakers that are under a hundred bucks that also offer durability, power, clarity, battery playtime, and portability. Oh yeah, we also want our speakers to look good, too.
Our Choices for the 4 Best Bluetooth Headphones Under 100
We recently wrote a blog post about this subject here, although it was mainly for working out.
However, we would be remiss if we didn’t also include it on our headphones comparison page. Here’s a quick look at some of our other favorite Bluetooth Over the Ear Headphones (for under $100):
The status BT Ones are second in the line of Status Audio’s flagship headphones, following the CB1s.
The BT Ones are really impressive budget on-ear headphone offering the kind of sound quality and frequency response that’s normally only available in higher priced headphones.
- AWARD WINNING SOUND: A 40mm driver and our unique tuning allow you to hear your favorite music with stunning...
- CUTTING EDGE WIRELESS: Bluetooth 5.0. gives the BT One 25 meter range and multi-point pairing support (connect...
- 30 HOUR BATTERY: The BT One’s battery delivers 30 hours of playtime, making it the perfect companion for...
Check out our full review of the BT Ones here.
The Hesh 2’s have two things going great for them: They’re affordable and they’re trendy. They most likely appeal to a younger generation who are not trying to wear headphones that make them look like a 1970s DJ. People use the Hesh 2 from Skullcandyfor everything from listening to music around the house, traveling, and gaming. The price tag and the look of the assorted makes ensure that just about anyone can own a pair of Hesh 2s.
- Memory foam ear pillows and ultra-durable flexible headband provide superior comfort for all day wear....
- Supreme Sound delivers attacking bass, natural vocals, and precision highs
- A single button in-line remote with mic can take/make calls, play/pause music and cycle through tracks
- 12 hours of play time
- Backup cabel with microphone
- 5omm drivers
- Soft, round-cup, leather ear coverings that are noise proof!
- Closed, dynamic 50 mm driver units and high-energy neodymium magnets provide wide dynamic frequency response...
- Sealed acoustic design allows for high level of sound isolation which aides in powerful reproduction of...
- Made for iPod, iPhone and iPad, in-line remote gives you volume and track controls (Play, Stop, Next/Prior),...
The Sony MDRX10, while not as affordable (but still pretty well priced), are made by Sony…and that makes them pretty dang good right away.
In a world of trendy fashion, Sony has remained one of the top brands for entertainment electronics-from stereo to top-of-the-line smart TVs.
Sony brings the MRDX10 swinging onto the set as a kind of “ha ha” to all other Bluetooth Headphone makers. They’re power and attraction are not in the “Sony” name, though, but in the great designs and superb sound.
- 40mm driver units for that mad bass you’re looking for.
- Compact to store with dual folding capability
- Comfortable, non-cupping ear pads
4. August EP650
- WARM RICH SOUND - Imagine music from your mobile sounding BASS RICH, with clearly DEFINED TREBLE, these...
- COMFORT FLEX DESIGN - Experience the ultimate in comfort, LIGHTWEIGHT, with thick and luxurious padding, an...
- Chip V4.2 APTX LOW LATENCY FOR AUDIO AND VIDEO IN SYNC - Enjoy your favourite late night TV shows and movies...
Another very affordable pair of quality Bluetooth headphones under 100 dollars. And again, with various colors and great sound.
Only 6mm driver units but the August EP605 Bluetooth headphones combine quality, comfort, and sound that calls out to be worn and listened to.
Easy and quick Bluetooth connection and an earpiece remote that makes an adjustment on the fly easy-peasy. 10 hours of playtime make the August’s something to really look into getting.
Factors We Considered In Choosing The Best Headphones Under $100
If you’re not looking to make a fashion statement and go to the gym or for a run with those large, round speakers on each ear then read on.
Moreover, if you refuse to go to the gym looking like you have a hi-tech Princess Leia, bun-on-each-side, haircut then this is the information that you’ve been looking for.
These Bluetooth headsets are made with the active person in mind. People who are serious about working out know that comfort and sensibility are more important than any gym selfie with a $400 pair over oversize Beatz headphones.
And let’s face it, in today’s day and age, cables are annoying little tethers that can be dangerous and actually do harm.
First, you’re on the elliptical enjoying a nice cardio burn, and then next you know, something catches your eye to the right, you look, pull your music player from where it’s at, and…
Your cell phone crashes to the floor, everyone looks (causing even more cable incidents!), and you have to actually stop your workout, get off, re-plug, re-connect, turn the phone back on, and start again. It’s aggravating and embarrassing. It’s maddening!
Don’t get intimidated by the amount of Bluetooth headphones out there. That’s why we’re here. We’ll give you some sensible choices that are great for the gym, running, hiking, biking, etc. (Note: Please be safe when using headphones in public.
Always be alert. As a matter of fact, for safety’s sake you shouldn’t do it but we know you’re going to anyway… So please be safe)
And, as our focus goes, we try to only review Bluetooth speakers and products that are UNDER $100! Powerful. Affordable. Bluetooth
- Music, Volume and Calls control Buttons – Answer calls & control your music
- Built-in Microphone – Stay connected to your phone with hands-free calling
- NFC Connection – Simply tap your NFC enabled device to pair the two together
- Internal Li-Ion Battery – Rechargeable battery gives over 10 hours between charges + 3.5mm Standard Audio In Socket – Connects to any non-Bluetooth device
Durability: You’re not paying an arm and a leg for these speakers but you should still be able to expect your speaker to be able to withstand bumping around inside of a backpack during a hike, falling off a tree stump table while camping, powering through a sprinkle at the beach, and lasting for a while.
Many cheap headphones end up with weird problems sooner or later. One such common problem is your Bluetooth headphone cutting out or the cable getting damaged easily. No one wants to have to repair headphone wires with tape.
Power: Likewise, you should be able to hear your Bluetooth speaker from across a room or two or above the sound of rolling beach surf.
Heck, you should be able to hear your shower Bluetooth speaker from the other room! Also in the “power” category is our idea of what is a good range for pairing and streaming music and phone calls.
Clarity: Crisp, clear, and refined. You should be able to expect your speaker to accurately define the fine resonances of classical music and be able to crank some rock or metal and still hear the words clearly, right?
Play Time: If you plug a Bluetooth Speaker to charge it and only get half the playtime of charge time then we don’t feel that’s a good deal. We want our speakers to sound great and play for a long, long time.
Portability: The ability to pack, carry, hang, and place your Bluetooth Speaker should be smart and effective…even if you paying under $100.
As you can see, we have high standards for the Bluetooth Speakers that we review. We aim to provide you with information and recommendations on ONLY those quality speakers that match our criteria above.
And if a speaker doesn’t live up to these standards or doesn’t perform the way they advertise, then we’ll tell you that too.
That’s it, a quick review of the best Bluetooth headphones under $100. If you’re looking specifically for headphones for running, you can check this top list review, or if you’re looking for headphones for gaming, you can check this top list review.