Finding the right subwoofer and amp combo can make a world of a difference for your sound system. You can make a subwoofer much louder with an amplifier. In this article, we shall examine the quality features of some of the best subwoofer and amplifier combos you can ever imagine of.
7 Best Sub And Amp Combo For Cars and Trucks
Finding the perfect subwoofer and amp combo is pegged on some aspects:
- The available space on which to install
- Your financial muscle/budget
- Your tastes and preference
- Your past experience, if any
As to whether or not you want a big thump in the car or truck to enjoy your commute, or perhaps to shake your soul, here’s what to look for.
By the way, before we get into it, many people do not have an amplifier and may not have the budget for one. In this case, there is actually a way to connect your subwoofer to a car without an amplifier. To learn more, check out our article on how to hook up a subwoofer to a car without an amplifier.
1. Best Market Price: Sound Storm Laboratories PB10 Car Subwoofer And Amp Package
With a built-in amplifier, 10-inch subwoofer with passive radiator, and remote subwoofer control, this subwoofer and amp combo is the right system for your truck.
- Built-in Amplifier - A built-in 600 Max watt amplifier powers the 8” subwoofer
- Passive Radiator – A driver unit that has its motor structure (magnet) removed, becomes a passive diaphragm....
- Variable Low-Pass Filter - A low-pass filter is an electronic circuit that removes all the notes below the...
The amp delivers up to 600 watts to power the 8” sub. It has a variable low-pass filter, high-level inputs, low-level inputs, phase control, and variable bass boost.
- 3-year warranty provided
- Low power output
2. Most Durable Combo: Dual Electronics BP1204 Illuminite
Has a power handling capacity of 1100 watts and a frequency range of 30Hz to 200 kHz. They have their illumiNITE design that creates a surreal viewing experience.
- INCREASED OUTPUT CAPABILITY – specialized tuned port with computer aided design and 2.5” Voice Coils...
- DIGITALLY OPTIMIZED SUBWOOFERS – are carefully crafted for efficient and accurate bass, providing power...
- CURVED PLEXIGLASS VIEWING WINDOW – illumiNITE design with Brushed Aluminum subwoofer cones create a surreal...
It has a carefully crafted speaker system that delivers an accurate and powerful bass, with 4-ohm impedance and 2.5-inch voice coils that significantly increase output efficiency.
- It is affordable
- Comes with increased output capability
- Made for durability and longevity
- Engineered with curved Plexiglas viewing window
- It is big and may not fit in some small-spaced trucks
- May be too weighty at 58 pounds to carry easily
3. Best Waterproof: Rockville SS8P 400 Watt Slim Under-Seat Active Powered Car/Truck Subwoofer
It has a built-in Subsonic Filter @ 20Hz, Thermal Protection Circuit, Short Protection, and Overload Protection Circuit.
- Rockville SS8P 8" 400w Slim Under-Seat Active Powered Car/Truck Subwoofer Sub.
- Enclosure is made out of cast aluminum which stays cool at all times.
- Peak Power Handling: 400 Watts. RMS Power Handling: 100 Watts. Heavy Duty Mounting Feet.
It comes with Green Power/Red Protect LED, Peak Power Handling: 400 Watts, RMS Power Handling: 100 Watts, THD :< 0.4%, Adjustable Input Sensitivity.
It has Subwoofer Level Remote Control and Soft Delayed Remote Turn-On, and Fuse Rating: Single 10A.
- It is water-proof
- Small in size
- USB Charging
- High volume distorts audio quality making it to sound fuzzy
- The RCA inputs are on the back of the speaker
4. Best Compact Sub: Kenwood KSC-PSW8 – Compact Powered 8” Subwoofer
Fits under the seat but produces bass equivalent to that of a larger subwoofer in your trunk. Contains a Class D amplifier, with a wired remote enabling you to control the bass from the driver’s seat, and comes with 150 watts RMS power (250 watts maximum), Frequency response: 35 – 150Hz.
- Class D amplifier
- 150 watts RMS power (250 watts maximum)
- Frequency response: 35-150 Hz
It also has a 28” RCA input for connecting the sub to a factory radio.
- Support class D amplifier
- Easy to install
- Compact size fitting under the seat
- Bass not so deep
- The sound quality fades away so fast
5. Superior Design: Skar Audio Signle 8” Complete 700 Watt SDR Series Subwoofer Bass Package
The all-in-one SDR sub includes a loaded enclosure with amplifier and delivers up to 700-watt peak power and 350 watts RMS power.
- All-in-One Complete SDR Series Loaded Subwoofer Complete Bass Package
- Peak Power: 2,400 Watts, RMS Power: 1,200 Watts
- Includes x1 Skar Audio SDR-2X12D4 Dual 12" Loaded 2,400 Watt Vented Subwoofer Enclosure
This package offers a more simplified option for adding a full-grade subwoofer system, without any guesswork in design.
- Easy to install
- Inbuilt amplifier
- Low pass crossover filter
- Must be installed in an area that is well ventilated to prevent overheating
- Bass is not so deeper when comparing it with other speakers in the market
6. Low-profile Best Bass: JBL BassPro SL Compact Subwoofer
It is designed to deliver impressive bass from a low-profile enclosure, installed in a limited space, which makes it possible for it to fit perfectly under or behind the seat of a truck.
- 8-inch JBL BassPro SL powered under-seat compact subwoofer enclosure
- Power output: Peak: 250 watts RMS: 125 watts
- Efficient Class D amplifier
It features a Class D amplifier that feeds with 125 watts RMS power, with the amp coming with an adjustable frequency and bass boost.
Its speaker-level and line-level inputs with an input load switch enhance its functionality.
- Supports class D amp
- Easy to install
- Lacks a good bass response
- Price is on a higher side
7. Best Remote Control: PWE-S8 Compact Powered 8-Inch Subwoofer
Comes with a side panel that gives you access to the built-in amplifier controls for phase, gain, and a low-pass crossover (80 – 200Hz). You can control your bass level from the driver’s seat with an input for a wired remote level knob.
- 8-inch subwoofer and 120W amplifier, housed together in a cast aluminum enclosure
- The compact size measures just 13.5” L x 9” W x 3” D so it can be installed under or behind a seat in a...
- 32Hz-150Hz frequency response, Power Rating: 120W RMS. RCA (0.1-4V) / Speaker Input (1.5-30V/auto sensing)
The remote knob has a 15’’ cable attached for flexible installation. Adding PWE-S8 is easy with the easy-access RCA inputs and speaker-level inputs.
- Remote bass control
- Durable enclosure
- It is not waterproof
- Loud sound distortions
Sub And Combo Package
Is it really a viable idea to buy a subwoofer and an amplifier separately when you can buy both enclosed in one package? There are a range of products that make it so much easier than working out all of the individual components you might need to buy otherwise.
- Juice A12 1200W 12” – active subwoofer with custom enclosure. Built to offer a perfect humble 200W-300W RMS power output and 1400W Peak Power output.
- Pioneer TS-WX306B – Universal Passive Enclosed Subwoofer 1300W. built with a Voice Coil Cooling System (VCCS) improving heat removal from the center of the subwoofer.
- MTX TN212DV Bass Package – with two 12” subs and TNA500D-watt mono amp, and both low and high pass filters.
- MTX Magnum Audio MB210SP (Magnum Bass Package) – dual 10 ported enclosure with a 250-watt mono amplifier.
- Kenwood P-W1221 170-watt Bass Package – includes KFC-W112S 12” subwoofers and a KAC-5207 amplifier.
- Alpine S-SB10V-PWR Halo 10” Bass Package – includes S-SB10V linkable 10” ported sub enclosure and KTA-200M compact 200-watt mono amp.
- Rockford Fosgate Power Series 750-Watt Bass Package – with T1Sx12 truck-style 12” sealed enclosure and T750X1bd mono amp.
- MTX TNP212D2 Bass Package – dual 12” sealed enclosure with a 250-watt mono amplifier.
Best Sub And Amp Combo For Jeep Wrangler
This sub and amp combo offers the products best suited for Jeep Wrangler. Regardless of the items selected, every Jeep Wrangler driver will get a great deal of bang for the buck.
- COMPLETE CAR AUDIO PACKAGE: Includes dual 12-inch enclosed subwoofers, an amplifier, sealed box, and 10 AWG...
- AMPLIFIER FEATURES: 2 channel amplifier (APCL-1002) features 500 watts of max power, built-in variable high...
- DEVICE PROTECTION: Amplifier is designed with short-circuit protection, DC offset, and thermal overload
APCL-1002 2 Channel Power Amplifier
- Built-in variable high pass and low pass crossover
- Electronic protection circuitry to secure the amp from short circuit, thermal overload, and DC offset
- RCA line input-output jacks
APSE-120PC High-Performance Sealed Enclosure
- Frequency response 25 – 1000 Hz
- High-Grade MDF construction
Best 12 Sub And Amp Combo
If you want the best 12-inch sub and amp combo, this 1500 watts dual 12-inch subwoofers car bass package with an amplifier is a wonderful selection. It comes with an installation kit, 2 subwoofers with grills in a custom ported box-loaded enclosure.
- The APP122 Dual 12” bass package comes with EVERYTHING INCLUDED! 2 Subwoofers in Ported Enclosure |...
- Mono Block amplifier features a thermal protection circuit, nickel plated terminal blocks, powder coated...
- The amplifiers built-in protection circuitry protects your system from input overload, short circuit, and high...
The monoblock amplifier features a thermal protection circuit, powder-coated chassis, nickel-plated terminal blocks, bass boost control, and a THD level of 0.2%.
The inbuilt amp protection circuitry protects the system from short circuits, input overload, and high temperatures. The LED indicator illuminates when the protection mode is enabled.
Best Marine Sub And Amp Combo
1. Pyle Lanzar AQTB8 8-Inch
A perfect waterproof 100 watt amplified subwoofer combo designed for any wet environment. With an 8” slim marine woofer, RCA low level, and high-level adjustable sensitivity, this amp is the best for your marine tours. It has a superior sound quality and performance and the nickel-plated RCA connections ensure a high-quality connection between the amp and speakers.
- RCA connectivity
- Can be fitted in a limited space
- Bass not so deep
Best Compact Sub And Amp Combo
- The Punch PS-8 is a self-contained amplified subwoofer system featuring a single Punch 8" shallow subwoofer in...
- The system is all-inclusive, so you only need to run power, ground and a signal from the source to get this...
- Featuring adjustable 12db/Octave low pass crossover, built-in adjustable bass boost EQ, hi-level/low-level...
- Compact with in-built amplifier
- Durably built with the bass control knob
- Remote control
- Compact and light
- Has 4 mounting brackets, simple installation
Power connections loosen so fast
- Compact size
- Inbuilt amplifier
- Minimal distortions
- Wired remote control
- Auto turn off unnecessarily
- Can blow as a result of power disruptions
3. NHT Super 8
- In-built 300-watt amplifier
- Automatic on/off feature
- Wirelessly connects from the USB cable
- Energy converted into sound, highly efficient
- It is heavy – 18.2 lbs
Best Cheap Sub And Amp Combo
This package bundles a 2 x 12 subwoofer enclosure and monoblock amplifier. It delivers 250 watts at 2 Ohms and 150watts at 4 Ohms. With variable low and high pass filters, the system offers a 40 – 400 Hz range for sound shaping.
- Very affordable
- Deep and genuine bass
- 250 Watts RMS
- Has 12” subs with an amp quality box
- However, consumes a lot of space
- Greedily eats into your car’s battery
Subwoofer And Amplifier Combo Vs Powered Subwoofer
A subwoofer with a built-in amplifier is referred to as a powered subwoofer. It is ideal when you don’t have enough space to mount the subwoofer and amplifier separately.
However, apparently, unlike an external independent amplifier, powered amplifiers are not powerful. This is also due to space issues and all the drivers have to be fixed within one enclosure.
Well, it will serve you, but should you be yearning for a powerful music outcome, then, a powered subwoofer may do little to satisfy you, that is factual. Besides, having the power to control the subwoofer and amplifier independently gives your sound system more versatility for an improved sound experience.
Summarily, if you find your budget not so overstretched, you have the interest and love music, find yourself one sub and amp combo that suites your preference to install in your vehicle for a seamless commute experience.
Finally, please check out our guide on how to connect a subwoofer to an amplifier to learn more. As a specific example, check out our guide on how to connect a passive subwoofer to 2 channel stereo amplifiers.