Mac Minis are fantastic little computers. However, due to their small size, the inbuilt speakers are not very powerful and don’t produce high-quality sound.
This is probably why you are here, looking for the best speakers for your Mac Mini for an upgrade. In this article, we will explore the best speakers for Mac Mini to give you some nice upgrades.
Best Speakers For Mac Mini (Top 3 Picks)
1. Most Economical: Logitech S120 2.0 Stereo Speakers
This is a very simple system consisting of two speakers. The speakers are readily connected with a cable.
It is designed to produce a very powerful sound in spite of its small size. This is made possible by its power which is rated 4.4W. These speakers can also be used on PC and mobile devices.
- 2.0 stereo speaker system
- Compact size that delivers high quality audio without using too much space
- Response Bandwidth: 50Hz 20KHz
Connecting Logitech S120 2.0 stereo speakers is very easy since you only need to plug the speakers into the wall socket, then use the audio 3.5mm jack to set it up.
- It is cheap.
- It has the best sound.
- It has an easy connection.
- It is portable.
- It can only be used on one device at a time.
2. Best USB Speaker For Mac Mini: Amazon Basic Computer Speakers
These USB-powered Amazon Basic computer speakers are portable. Some of its versions are DC-powered.
- USB-powered (5V) speakers plug directly into your computer for portable convenience
- Turn the speakers on and adjust the volume using one simple control (located on the front of the speakers);...
- Simple plug-and-play setup (no drivers needed); can be used with headphones via the 3.5mm jack connector
These speakers are protected with a black fabric grille. It is very simple but has undetachable cables. Also, it produces good sound though not with strong bass.
- It is compact
- It has a headphone output.
- It is simple.
- It has two power options.
- It doesn’t have bass
- It has undetectable cables.
3. Best Design: Edifier R1280T
This is among the best speakers for Mac Mini. It has been uniquely designed with a classic wood finish and has multiple inputs to enable you to connect multiple devices.
- 2 x AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output....
- STUDIO SOUND QUALITY - Natural sound reproduction from 13mm silk dome tweeter and 4 inch full range unit
- REMOTE CONTROL - Adjust volume at your figure tips. Bass and treble control located on the side of main...
It can also be connected to any device that has a 3.5mm output. The sound it produces is also of good quality and uncompromised. The Edifier R1280T speaker comes with a remote control that makes it easier for you to operate it.
- It is well designed
- It can be used by many devices.
- It comes with a remote.
- It produces good sound.
- It has multiple inputs.
- It is not Bluetooth-enabled.
- Poor quality spring-clop connectors.
4. Best Innovation Speakers: Creative Pebble Speakers
These are compact, USB-powered speakers with a unique and recognizable design featuring two spherical speakers and two upward-angled drivers. The speaker is 3.9ft long and is hard-wired.
- PERFECT FOR THE MINIMALIST’S DESKTOP | Designed with a clean and modern look in mind, Pebble V2 follows the...
- LATEST USB-C CONNECTIVITY AND AUX-IN | An upgrade from Creative Pebble, Pebble V2 is now future-proof and is...
- BUILT-IN GAIN SWITCH FOR AMPLIFIED AUDIO | Up to 2 times more powerful than Pebble, enjoy amplified audio when...
The speaker body has a volume/power dial and an LED power indicator. Every speaker is designed with two full-range drivers that are both angled at 45 degrees. Besides, the design is modern, and aesthetic, making it ideal for homes and workspaces.
- Good sound quality
- Elegant design
- Ideal for office, and home use
- No wireless features
Does The Mac Mini Have Speakers?
Mac Mini has tiny speakers inside. However, these are the kinds of speakers you will never want to use. The speakers are tiny, hollow, and sound too bad.
This is why you will need to add some external speakers to improve your listening experience.
What Speakers Work Best With Mac Mini?
This product from Apple is a mini desktop computer; very small and portable. It is also the least expensive computer among Apple products that can be used at home or in the office.
It serves almost the same roles as computers. With the picture of its size in mind, you can imagine the size of its in-built speakers.
When planning speaker upgrades for mac Mini, it is important to pick only the best. However, before you can pick some of the speakers from the store, it rewards more to consider the factors that help you get only the speakers that work best with Mac Mini. Here’s a list of what to look out for:
- Bluetooth enablement
- Connection methods available
- Brand value
- Quality and durability
- Bass: A great way to get better bass from your Mac Mini without connecting a subwoofer to the computer is by getting an external speaker. In fact, there are some computer speakers that have built-in subwoofers.
Mac Mini Speaker Quality
Mac Mini speakers are not high-quality speakers. They were weak and cannot produce high-quality sound. This is why we recommend external speakers for your Mac Mini.
Best External Speakers For Mac Mini M1
The following are excellent speakers for the Mac Mini M1:
- Bose Companion 2 Series III Multi-Media Monitor System
- Audioengine A2+ Plus Wireless Speaker
- NUMWO Portable Bluetooth Speaker for Mac
- Logitech Speaker System Z313 with Subwoofer
- Edifier Luna Eclipse
1. What kind of audio input does a Mac Mini have?
The Mac mini supports only 3-ring headsets or basic headphones. The dongle enables 2-ring stereo microphones if your USB adapter has two jacks.
2. How do I get 5.1 sound on my Mac Mini?
Select an audio output device from the Audio MIDI Setup software list on your Mac, then click Configure Speakers. Then, select a configuration, such as Stereo or 5.1 Surround, from the Configuration pop-up menu.
3. Can I use a Bluetooth speaker with my Mac Mini?
Yes, Bluetooth allows your Mac and other devices to interact wirelessly. Connect a Bluetooth audio device, such as a headset or speakers, to your Mac first, then pick it as your input or output device.
4. How do I connect my Mac Mini to an amplifier?
Connect the red and white RCA connectors on the 3.5mm-to-RCA converter cable to the matching colored ports labeled Auxiliary on the rear of the amplifier or receiver. If the amplifier or receiver lacks auxiliary inputs, attach the RCA connectors to unused CD or DVD ports instead.
If you want to get anything like audiophile sound from your Mac Mini computer, you will need external speakers. We hope you found one that fits your needs from the list we have provided.