Do you want to upgrade your car’s sound system? Not only is raising the quality of your audio components very easy, but it also enables you to enjoy concert hall quality sound within the comfort of your car.
However, if this is the first time you’re reading about car audio, it’s easy to get stunned by all the different facets of car stereo, likewise all of the various brands, especially when each of them promises the best possible audio experience.
Today, we are going to look at the first element you should replace in any car stereo: it’s the speakers. Let’s look at the best brands out there…
The Very Best Speaker Brands
BOSS is known for producing budget-oriented car audio gear. Whether you are looking at their subwoofers, head units, car speakers or cabling, with the, you’re acquiring a 4-way 400watt car speaker that puts up an amazing sound.
For a reduced fee, you’ll get not 1 but 2 speakers, with RMS rating of 200. The frequency response range is from 65Hz to 20 kHz, together with 90dB sound sensitivity.
The speakers have two internal 1.25 tweeters which ensure that the high vocals, nicely compliment the mids and lows. One thing that may not be as positive is their efficiency, which requires you to turn the volume up a bit to get them going.
You can find these speakers in various sizes like 4 inches, 5.25 inches, 6.5″ inches, and 6×9″ inches. The 4-way speakers range from 250 watts to 800 watts. The 400 watts appears to be the best value available.
JBL is one of the most prominent audio brands available on the market, it continues to provide high-quality sound, whether it is at a 50,000 seat venue, or via your driveway.
While you can spend thousands equipping your car with JBL’s mind-blowing speakers, the GTO609C model can get you started for below $100.
The GTO609C model is loud, it can handle up to 270W with enormous voice coils for amplified power handling.
If you need something that will wake your neighbors, the P.R.O. model from Pioneer is worth a shot.
The TS6900PRO is a 6×9 that provides remarkable power handling, quality components, and notable bass response.
The most prominent thing about the TS6900PRO model is power handling. An amazing max power rating of 600 Watt ensures that you will have plenty of headroom to spare, it doesn’t matter how high you feel like cranking it.
CT Sounds are very prominent. They have been making a lot of waves in the audio industry for some time now, all thanks to their repute for high-quality and durable materials. The Meso model isn’t any different.
The buildup quality is the first thing you will notice about these speakers. The magnets are gigantic, the surrounds are produced from NBR rubber, the grilles are heavy and thick, and the woofer cone is produced from a fiberglass material that looks like it may stop a bullet.
The Rockford Fosgate car speaker is famous for producing quality speakers at cheap basement prices. With the R165X3 model, they have succeeded in producing a high-performance speaker at a very reduced price.
At 90-watt max RMS, the R165X3 does not have similar power handling ability of some more luxurious speakers, however, what it lacks in power, it has made up for in the quality of its components.
The kicker is widely known for the subwoofers and speakers that they produce which are designed for today’s modern era music. The kicker is also famous for their ultra-high power handling and vigorous bass response.
Nonetheless, the question is, does the DS65 speaker live up to their status? Yes, they do.
The Infinity Kappa 60.11 CS is very similar to the JBL 609C, which is not too startling if you consider the fact that both JBL and Infinity are owned by the same paternal company, Harman.
Like the GTO609C, the Infinity Kappa 60.11 CS comes integrated with Plus One cone technology that allows a larger cone to be used within the 6.5” speaker. It also has rubber surrounds and a composite speaker frame, similar to the GTO609C.
We have already talked about Infinity’s good reputation for producing outstanding high-quality speakers, and the Primus series isn’t left out. It is another remarkable offering from this outstanding audio company.
The Infinity Primus Series is a three-way speaker, it comes integrated with a 6×9” woofer, 1” tweeter and a 5/9” super tweeter.
These three-way speakers handle a very imposing 300W max RMS, which’s among the top power handling of any woofer you can find on the market.
Like other speaker models from JBL and Infinity, these speakers similarly feature Plus One audio technology, which makes provision for a larger woofer within the same sized frame. Durable rubber surrounds and polypropylene cone ensure that the Primus series is manufactured to last.
Another alternative within Alpine’s durable S series speakers is the flamboyant SPS610. The SP610 is a 6.5” coaxial speaker which makes a perfect choice and can be used to replace the factory speakers that came with your car.
Similar to the SPS619, the SPS610 offers you an extraordinary power handling, with a peak power aptitude of 240W.
Irrespective of the fact that power handling is wonderful, it means very little if your speakers transform into distorted disarray at higher volumes.
Luckily, all aspect of these speakers has been designed to withstand anything you throw at it.
The Polk Audio company has an established reputation for making quality and affordable speakers, and that reputation and character is fully displayed with the DB615S.
One aspect of the DB615S that stands out is that it’s particularly forgiving for DIY (do it yourself) installations.
The DB615S speaker is shallow, thus allowing it to stay on virtually all the mounting applications available in various types of vehicles, and it has numerous mounting options, which lets you achieve a professional quality installation with no adjustment to your vehicle.
When it comes to sound, the Polk audio DB615S provides middle of the road power and handling proficiency, with a maximum RMS of 165W. Nevertheless, when you consider the rock-bottom pricing model of the DB615S, you’ll realize that the speaker offers plenty of value.
Now, let’s talk about a top-quality quad preference from Rockvilles RM Pro series which has some very high-end technological improvements.
The set comprises four separate 8-inch mid-range speakers that come with open baskets and woofer grilles to mount.
The cones were made via pressure-treated Kevlar-steel-clad pulp which provides perfect assets for admirable response and of course resilience.
They perform extremely well and are perfect for those who favor a bass-heavy equalization.
Their large surface regions help excel their performance and having a quartette hooked up means that the depth will be incredible and say goodbye to break ups at high volume because it is now a thing of the past.
11. JVC Kenwood
JVC Kenwood is a Japanese multinational electronics company headquartered in Yokohama, Japan.
This company is the result of a merger between (JVC) and Kenwood Corporation. The merger was completed on October 1, 2008. You can check out our JVC vs Kenwood review here.
Kenwood JVC is a very popular name in the car audio space. In fact, the company boasts an extensive range of car audio systems including Alexa car stereos, Bluetooth stereos, DDAB digital car radios, 2DIN car stereos, iPod/iPhone car stereos, and USB car stereos.
Kenwood also offers amplifiers, receivers, and other types of audio equipment.
Let’s Also Take A Look At The Best Car Speaker Brands For Bass
1. JBL GTO629
First on the list is the remarkable pair of JBL 629’s which is part of their commendable GTO series which has received a lot of praise.
The JBL GTO629 employs a coaxial range that measures around 6.5 inches and has a bass woofer paired with a uni-pivot tweeter to deliver first-class 2-way classified audio quality, with a great crossover.
It comes integrated with high performing drivers and the woofer cones profits from its Plus One technology which helps it to increase the entire surface area of the cone.
As we have clarified previously, this gives them a greater area to radiate and provide a better bass quality than you would naturally get from other cones that have similar measured dimensions.
There is no way anyone will list the best car speaker brands for bass and not mention the highly regarded Rockford Fosgate.
Regarding size, they stand at a height of 6.5 inches which is similar to the JBL GTO speaker set we talked about earlier. Th
ey come at an affordable price to ensure that you can lay your hands on some well-mixed audio set, with a protracted frequency range and enhanced middles than most speakers because they’re a low budget 3-way class speaker set.
Next on our list is a set from NVX, presented as a professional advancement for your stock speakers that surely won’t disappoint.
They are a fairly low watt alternative and they can work with almost all the speaker amplifiers that are integrated into various vehicles. They are reasonably priced making them a perfect rapid replacement choice.
They appear to be well made and have some great mechanisms especially when you consider other models within the same price region.
We are not done yet, let’s dive into the best car speaker brands in India
4. Sony Mega Bass XS-FB162E 6.5-inch Speaker
The Sony XS-FB162E car speaker produces the real depth of sound when you play your beloved music track.
It has an impeccable balance of treble and bass, with no noise in the sound. This speaker is well equipped to give you adequate fun while you’re traveling. It’s specially crafted for Sony head units together with a Mega Bass circuitry.
- It has a weight of 1.2 kg and a diameter of 16 cm.
- It has a frequency response of 55-24000Hz.
- It has a power handling of 260W maximum output and 40W rated output.
- It comes with the Mica matrix cone woofer which offers punchy and tight bass.
- Its stable dome tweeter provides clear sound across all frequencies.
- It’s compact in dimensions and is very easy to install.
- This speaker comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
5. Sony XS-FB693E 3-Way Coaxial Car Speakers
The Sony XS-FB693E speakers deliver a punchy bass so your drive can be more enjoyable. To get more from this, you can use these speakers with one of Sony’s most current super bass head units.
Key benefits and features
- Its diameter is 40 cm together with a weight of 0.25 kg.
- It has a frequency response of 50-22000Hz.
- 50W rated power and 420W peak power.
- It comes with a mica matrix cone woofer for powerful and deep bass.
- Its tremendous tweeter produces sound through all frequencies.
- It has a compact size and has an easy installable design.
- It has a 1-year manufacture’s warranty.
6. Pioneer TS-R6951S 3-Way Coaxial Speaker
The Pioneer TS-R6951S was specially crafted for the youth to provide a lively listening experience. Its energetic flex suspension system offers you clear sound with tremendous bass.
Key benefits and features
- It possesses a diameter of 24 cm (a 3-way 6×9 inch oval) with a weight of 1.3 kg.
- Frequency response – 31-35000Hz.
- It has a peak power of 400W and a minimal power of 50W.
- Consist of multi-layer mica matrix Cone that comes with a water-resistant coating at the back to provide you with loud sound.
- It has a 3-way speaker with 3 different drivers that will recreate a different variety of sound frequencies.
- Its trivial design with less noteworthy mounting depth makes it very easy to install within your car.
- It has a premium aluminum voice coil reel that helps to protect your speaker from heat and thus increasing the speaker life.
- Its progressive flux suspension system (PFSS) spider has about two or three layering and concave-convex part. Regarding the input level, it can specifically modify a cone movement.
- It comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
7. JBL GTO609C Component Speaker System
The JBL GTO609C is specifically designed to be compatible with almost all the factory speaker locations.
Its incredible power-handling disclaimers build dogged quality over the lifespan of the speaker.
Key benefits and features
- It possesses a weight of 3.2kg and a diameter of 6cm.
- It has a frequency response of 50-21000Hz.
- Its rated power is 75W while the peak power is 270W.
- It comes integrated with a plus one woofer-cone technology. Its carbon-added cones provide more overall speaker-cone zone than other cones within its class. The more area the cone covers, the more the speaker radiates the atmosphere which will result in a superior low-frequency reaction and a more noticeable volume to make those important musical notes that people regularly associate with speakers of larger sizes.
The 2-way Sony XS-FB102E model is a coaxial speaker. It is great for those set of people who don’t listen to music all the time in their car.
It’s not very loud, it has a punchy bass and a decent one at that. To enjoy the speaker unit more, you should integrate these speakers to one of Sony’s state-of-the-art super bass head units.
Key benefits and features
- It has a weight of 0.9 kg and a diameter of 4 cm.
- It has a frequency response of 40-40000Hz.
- It has a rated power of 30W and a peak power of 210W.
- It comes integrated with a HOP aramid cone woofer that produces clear vocals and rich bass.
- Its stable-dome tweeter produces flawless sound across an extensive frequency range.
- It saves space and the design can be easily installed.
- This speaker has a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
To upgrade your car audio is a great way of improving the sound of your car. It increases your level of satisfaction when you are driving.
The first place to start from is to interchange your stock speakers. With a lot of options in the market, you can change your car audio system and enjoy top quality sound without tearing your pocket.
The various speakers we have covered above represent some of the best car speakers presently on the market. Ensure to take a closer look at all the speakers listed above, and whenever you’re in doubt, reach out to your indigenous car audio expert, and they will be able to give you valuable advice in your quest to realizing audio pleasure.