Because Bluetooth speaker technology can be found online and in retail stores, most consumers will have an opportunity to review products from all over the globe.
In addition to looking online to see what’s available and what’s popular, there are comprehensive sites like this one that concentrate on nothing but these speakers.
Regardless of the situation or circumstances, you can start with a popular and high-quality brand by purchasing JBL Bluetooth speakers.
Top 3 Picks
So, here are a little something, something that can assist you with making a decision that will not only save some money but will also provide you with the best quality JBL Bluetooth speakers on the market.
Here’s Our List Of The Best Jbl Speakers:
1. Best Overall: JBL Flip 2
The Flip 2 is a generation back in the JBL series, but it’s still a pretty awesome speaker. You get a battery life of 5 hours, a built-in microphone for voice commands/phone calls, and it has SoundClear echo & noise cancelation technology.
Besides being Bluetooth, it also has auxiliary capability that can pretty much connect to any device. Plus, you can get a pretty cool hard case to hold and protect your Flip 2.
- 12 watts of awesome sound with 2 x 6w speakers
- Great with the mids and highs
- Charging ports sometimes easy to damage
Some reviewers and commenters on Amazon have stated that they get 7 hours of playtime at a full charge!
With over 2k reviews on Amazon and 84% of those being 4 to 5 stars, you can bet that the Flip 2 is still an awesome speaker (and the way to go, in our opinion.)
2. Most Versatile: JBL Go 3
- Compatible with your choice of either iOS or Android devices giving you the flexibility you need for your...
- Convenient charging at any standard USB port, call acceptance with the integrated microphone
- The Battery is easily recharged, which saves you battery hassles and money
By far the most affordable in the family, the JBL Go is a versatile little speaker. It comes in 8 vibrant colors that can make a statement in a dorm room or on the beach.
The JBL Go is compatible with Android or iOS so that you can use it to awesome music no matter which kind of device you have.
And, although very light at only 4.6 ounces, the Go comes with a handy carrying strap.
- Small and powerful
- Quick charge in 1.5 hours
- Some people feel that that speaker is smaller than they would care for. (Note: The quality of sound is hardly complained about, though)
- The Go isn’t a powerhouse, but it’s no weak speaker.
3. Best Connectivity: JBL Flip 3
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming - wirelessly connect up to 3 Smartphones or Tablets to the speaker
- Speakerphone - take Crystal clear calls from your speaker with the touch of a button thanks to the noise and...
- Splash proof - splash proof means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even clean it with running...
JBL loves to sport the same eight colors on their speakers; black, blue, orange, pink, red, yellow, gray, and turquoise. The JBL Flip 3 is, in our opinion, the greatest Bluetooth speaker on the market today.
Splashproof, 10 hours of playtime, can connect (daisy-chain) multiple JBL speakers together for an all-encompassing sound. Here is the bass. Feel the bass. See the bass.
4. JBL Charge 3
- Bluetooth - Wirelessly connect up to 3 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing powerful...
- Battery type : Lithium-ion Polymer (22.2Wh)2) 20 hours of playtime(varies by volume level and content)
- IPX7 Waterproof
The JBL Charge 3 has a price tag that is usually way above what we usually review and recommend here on Boom Speaker, as we prefer those that stay around $100.
You can’t ignore a damn good speaker when it becomes available.
5. JBL FLIP 5
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming
- 12 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof
JBL FLIP 5 is a wireless, water-resistant speaker with a new racetrack-shaped driver that delivers loud and clear music indoors and outdoors.
This speaker also has a hard protective black case that keeps it safe. In addition, the case has a mesh pocket where you can safely store your USB charging cable.
- Hardshell protective black case
- Up to 12 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof design
- The output power of 20 watts
- Many users are concerned that the JBL FLIP 5 doesn’t come with a US wall adapter or have a 3.5mm AUX INPUT.
- Rated 4.8 out of 5 on Amazon (1, 165 total ratings)
6. JBL Boombox 2
- POWERFUL JBL ORIGINAL PRO SOUND AND MONSTROUS BASS: Get the loudest, most massive JBL Original Pro sound on...
- PORTABLE DESIGN: The iconic grip handle makes it easy to transport the JBL Boombox 2 portable speaker.
- 24 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: The fun doesn't have to stop. Packed with an incredible 24 hours of battery life, JBL...
JBL Boombox 2 guarantees the loudest and most massive JBL Original Pro sound. This speaker pumps out the most monstrous bass you can feel.
Besides, it’s packed with 24 hours of battery life, so the fun doesn’t have to stop. You can also bring these speakers anywhere since they are IPX7 waterproof.
- Portable design
- 24-hours battery life
- IPX7 waterproof
- Speaker for home and outdoor power bank
- JBL PartyBoost for speaker pairing
- The charging port can get damaged easily if the user fails to take precautions.
- The speaker has a 4.8 out of 5 scores on Amazon (1,758 ratings).
What JBL Speaker is The Loudest?
The JBL Boombox is designed to be the loudest JBL speaker. It delivers a monstrous sound characterized by hard-hitting bass. With JBL Boombox, you enjoy music 24 hours without missing a beat.
Is JBL A Good Brand?
JBL is an American audio device manufacturing company. This company has existed for a few decades, offering headphones and loudspeakers.
They produce audio equipment for several market segments, including consumer audio, cr audio (they even made our list of the best car speaker brands). Beyond that, they also produce audio devices for professionals for high-level audio production.
Fun fact for you. Did you know that while JBL is an American company, it is owned by Harman Industries, a subsidiary of Samsung, which is, of course, a South Koren company?
Are JBL Speakers Good?
JBL Speakers have a lot of things going for them. When you first begin shopping for Bluetooth Speakers, I think two things initially happen:
- You’re shocked at how expensive some of them are.
- You’re shocked at how inexpensive some of them are.
We prefer big, proven, quality brands like JBL because of their versatility in their speakers. You can JBLs for as little as $30 and for more than $250. Here’s the thing, though: You’ll never find cheap or overpriced.
- All-Purpose Bluetooth Speaker -Take the party everywhere with Flip 4, a portable Bluetooth speaker that...
- Wireless & Noise Cancelling - Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker & take turns...
- Waterproof & Durable - No more worrying about rain or spills: Flip 4 is completely waterproof—you can even...
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming
- 12 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof
- Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing impressive stereo...
- Built-in 3000mAh rechargeable li-ion battery supports up to 12 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge flip 4 in water
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming
- 5 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof
- JBL Pro Sound with an optimized long excursion driver, separate tweeter and dual JBL bass radiators
- Long lasting battery delivers up to 20 hours of playtime
- Take the Charge with you anywhere due to its IP67 waterproof and dustproof rating
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH STREAMING: Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns...
- UP TO 20 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: Built-in rechargeable Li-ion 7500mAH battery supports up to 20 hours of playtime...
- IPX7 WATERPROOF: Take Charge 4 to the beach or the pool without worrying about spills or even submersion in...
JBL has a great balance of convenience and power. We love speakers that are solid in feel, awesome in sound, and tough in life! JBL does all those things.
We have yet to find a JBL speaker that can’t do the jobs we need: listen at the beach, hang on our packs while hiking, set up on the front porch, or rock out around the house.
Finally, JBL speakers are easy to pair. Check out our guide on pairing and reset JBL headphones and speakers to learn more.
Every speaker we have ever tested from JBL has been on point!
- Well built.
- Great sounding.
- True to claims.
- And powerful.
Now, that’s not to say that some of their speakers don’t have challenges. Not at all. But overall, they’re one of the best brands in the industry today, so we decided to dedicate a page to them.
Our Reviewing Criteria
In case you didn’t get a chance to see our reviewing criteria on the home page, then here it is:
These speakers need to have oomph. It must be clear, has minimal distortion, and lasts a long time on a single charge.
Easy to carry. Easy to pack. Able to get splashed or be submerged. Ready to pack.
It needs to be sensible. Too big, and there’s no sense in the technology. Too small, and you’re liable to misplace it, or it’ll be weak.
Money matters. You need quality but value as well. We only decide to review a speaker already regarded as a good speaker. Then we break it down.
If the Bluetooth tech doesn’t pair quickly and easily with any system or has a short range, it’s not worth it. Check out our guide on pairing and resetting JBL headphones and speakers to learn more.
Did you know that you can connect up to 100 JBL speakers? However, not all JBL speakers can be connected this way.
Most speakers on our list here have the JBL Connect feature that allows you to connect them. To learn more, check out our article on how to connect multiple JBL speakers.
1. Are JBL good quality speakers?
JBL is a speaker technology company that has been operating for decades. Wireless JBL speakers have built their name as the uncontested kings of Bluetooth speakers for the mainstream market, with waterproofing, robust features, and incredible performance. It is trusted by many worldwide, including popstars and celebrities.
2. What does JBL stand for?
James Bullough Lansing is the full form of JBL. It is a company well-known for producing high-quality audio speakers.
3. Does JBL have Dolby Atmos?
JBL’s products, like JBL Bar 300 and JBL Bar 500, have Dolby Atmos. All the soundbars in the four-strong new JBL Bar Series include support for Dolby Atmos.
4. Does Dolby Atmos affect audio quality? Why is it so popular?
Dolby Atmos enhances your sound and music experience. It can accurately arrange sound objects in your listening space and stimulate your imagination by moving the items around. Having Dolby Atmos is just a bonus.