Table of Contents
- 1 Top 3 Picks
- 2 Here’s Our List Of The Best Jbl Speakers:
- 3 1. Best Overall: JBL Flip 2
- 4 2. Most Versatile: JBL Go 3
- 5 3. Best Connectivity: JBL Flip 3
- 6 4. JBL Charge 3
- 7 5. JBL FLIP 5
- 8 6. JBL Boombox 2
- 9 What JBL Speaker is The Loudest?
- 10 Is JBL A Good Brand?
- 11 Are JBL Speakers Good?
- 12 Our Reviewing Criteria
Because Bluetooth speaker technology can be found online and in retail stores, most consumers will have an opportunity to review products from all over the globe.
In addition to looking online to see what’s available and what’s popular, there are comprehensive sites like this one that concentrates on nothing but these speakers.
Regardless of the situation or circumstances, you can start off with a popular and high-quality brand by purchasing JBL Bluetooth speakers.
Top 3 Picks
So, here are a little something, something that can assist you with making a decision that will not only save some money but will also provide you with the best quality JBL Bluetooth speakers on the market.
Here’s Our List Of The Best Jbl Speakers:
1. Best Overall: JBL Flip 2
The Flip 2 is a generation back in the JBL series, but it’s still a pretty awesome speaker. You get a battery life of 5 hours, a built-in microphone for voice commands/phone calls, and it has SoundClear echo & noise cancelation technology.
Besides being Bluetooth, it also has auxiliary capability that can pretty much connect to any device. Plus, you can get a pretty cool hard case to hold and protect your Flip 2.
- 12 watts of awesome sound with 2 x 6w speakers
- Great with the mids and highs
- Charging port sometimes easy to damage
Some reviewers and commenters on Amazon have stated that they actually get 7 hours of playtime with a full charge!
With way over 2k reviews on Amazon and 84% of those being 4 to 5 stars, you can bet that the Flip 2 is still an awesome speaker (and the way to go, in our opinion.)
2. Most Versatile: JBL Go 3
- Compatible with your choice of either iOS or Android devices giving you the flexibility you need for your...
- Convenient charging at any standard USB port, call acceptance with the integrated microphone
- The Battery is easily recharged, which saves you battery hassles and money
By far the most affordable in the family, the JBL Go is a versatile little speaker. It comes in 8 vibrant colors that can really make a statement in a dorm room or on the beach.
The JBL Go is compatible with Android or iOS so that you can use it to awesome music no matter which kind of device you have.
And, although very light at only 4.6 ounces, the Go comes with a handy carrying strap.
- Small and powerful
- Quick charge in 1.5 hours
- Some people feel that that speaker is smaller than they would care for. (Note: The quality of sound is hardly complained about, though)
- The Go isn’t a powerhouse but it’s no weak speaker, either.
3. Best Connectivity: JBL Flip 3
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming - wirelessly connect up to 3 Smartphones or Tablets to the speaker
- Speakerphone - take Crystal clear calls from your speaker with the touch of a button thanks to the noise and...
- Splash proof - splash proof means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even clean it with running...
The same eight colors that JBL loves to sport on their speakers; black, blue, orange, pink, red, yellow, gray, and turquoise. The JBL Flip 3 is, in our opinion, the greatest Bluetooth speaker on the market today.
Splashproof, 10 hours of playtime, able to connect (daisy-chain) multiple JBL speakers together for an all-encompassing sound. Here the bass. Feel the bass. See the bass.
4. JBL Charge 3
- Bluetooth - Wirelessly connect up to 3 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing powerful...
- Battery type : Lithium-ion Polymer (22.2Wh)2) 20 hours of playtime(varies by volume level and content)
- IPX7 Waterproof
The JBL Charge 3 has a price tag that is usually way above what we usually review and recommend here on Boom Speaker as we prefer those that stay around $100.
That being said, you just can’t ignore a damn good speaker when it becomes available.
5. JBL FLIP 5
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming
- 12 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof
JBL FLIP 5 is a wireless, water-resistant speaker with a new racetrack-shaped driver that delivers loud and clear music indoors and outdoors.
This speaker also has a hard protective black case that keeps it safe. In addition, the case has a mesh pocket where you can safely store your USB charging cable.
- Hardshell protective black case
- Up to 12 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof design
- The output power of 20 watts
- Many users are concerned that the JBL FLIP 5 doesn’t come with a US wall adapter or have a 3.5mm AUX INPUT.
- Rated 4.8 out of 5 on Amazon (1, 165 total ratings)
- POWERFUL JBL ORIGINAL PRO SOUND AND MONSTROUS BASS: Get the loudest, most massive JBL Original Pro sound on...
- PORTABLE DESIGN: The iconic grip handle makes it easy to transport the JBL Boombox 2 portable speaker.
- 24 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: The fun doesn't have to stop. Packed with an incredible 24 hours of battery life, JBL...
JBL Boombox 2 guarantees you the loudest and most massive JBL Original Pro sound. This speaker pumps out the most monstrous bass you can feel.
Other than that, it’s packed with 24-hours of battery life, so the fun doesn’t have to stop. You can also bring these speakers anywhere since they are IPX7 waterproof.
- Portable design
- 24-hours battery life
- IPX7 waterproof
- Speaker for home and outdoor powerbank
- JBL PartyBoost for speaker pairing
- The charging port can get damaged easily if the user fails to take precautions.
- The speaker has a 4.8 out of 5 score on Amazon (1,758 ratings).
What JBL Speaker is The Loudest?
The JBL Boombox is designed to be the loudest JBL speaker. It delivers monstrous sound characterized by hard hitting bass. With JBL Boombox, you enjoy music 24 hours without missing a beat.
Is JBL A Good Brand?
They produce audio equipment for several market segments including consumer audio, cr audio (they even made our list of the best car speaker brands). Beyond that, they also produce audio devices for professionals for high-level audio production.
Fun fact for you. Did you know that while JBL is an American company, it is owned by Harman Industries which is a subsidiary of Samsung which is, of course, a South Koren company?
Are JBL Speakers Good?
JBL Speakers have a lot of things going for them. When you first begin shopping for Bluetooth Speakers I think two things initially happen:
- You’re shocked at how expensive some of them are.
- You’re shocked at how inexpensive some of them are.
We prefer big, proven, quality brands like JBL because of the versatility they have in their line of speakers. You can JBLs for as little as $30 and for more than $250. Here’s the thing, though: You’ll never find cheap or overpriced.
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH STREAMING: Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns...
- UP TO 20 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: Built-in rechargeable Li-ion 7500mAH battery supports up to 20 hours of playtime...
- IPX7 WATERPROOF: Take Charge 4 to the beach or the pool without worrying about spills or even submersion in...
- SOUND TO GO - Never leave awesome sound at home again. This ultra-portable, waterproof Bluetooth speaker is...
- UP TO 10 HOURS OF PLAYTIME - The JBL Clip 3 features a built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery with up to 10...
- NOISE CANCELLING & WIRELESS STREAMING - Wirelessly stream high-quality sound from your smartphone or tablet....
- JBL Pro Sound delivers surprisingly big audio and punchy bass from Go 3’s ultra-compact size.
- JBL Go 3’s ultra-portable design goes great with the latest styles, and its design make it look as great as...
- JBL Go 3 is IP67 waterproof and dustproof, so you can bring your speaker anywhere.
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming
- 12 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof
- POWERFUL JBL ORIGINAL PRO SOUND: Four drivers and two JBL Bass Radiators effortlessly deliver dynamic,...
- PORTABLE DESIGN: The included carrying strap with built-in bottle opener makes it easy to bring your speaker...
- 15 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: The fun doesn't have to stop. Packed with an incredible 15 hours of battery life, JBL...
JBL has a great balance of convenience and power. We love speakers that solid in feel, awesome in sound, and tough in life! JBL does all those things.
We have yet to find a JBL speaker that can’t do the jobs we need it to: listen at the beach, hang on our packs while hiking, set up on the front porch, or rock out around the house.
Each and every speaker that we have ever tested from JBL has been on point!
- Well built.
- Great sounding.
- True to claims.
- And powerful.
Now, that’s not to say that some of their speakers don’t have challenges. Not at all. But overall, they’re one of the best brands in the industry today and that’s why we decided to dedicate a page to them.
Our Reviewing Criteria
In case you didn’t get a chance to see our reviewing criteria on the home page, then here it is:
These speakers need to have oomph. It needs to be clear, has minimal distortion, and lasts a long time on a single charge.
Easy to carry. Easy to pack. Able to get splashed or be submerged. Read to pack.
It needs to be sensible. Too big and there’s no sense in the technology. Too small and you’re liable to misplace it or it’ll be weak.
Money matters. You need quality but value as well. We only decide to review a speaker that is already regarded as a good speaker. Then we break it down.
If the Bluetooth tech doesn’t pair quickly and easily with any system or has short-range, it’s not worth it. Check out our guide on how to pair and reset JBL headphones and speakers to learn more.
Did you know what you can connect up to 100 JBL speakers? However, not all JBL speakers can be connected this way.
Most of the speakers on our list here have the JBL Connect feature that allows you to connect them together. To learn more, check out our article on how to connect multiple JBL speakers.