This piece focuses on the five best car head units you can consider for your vehicle.
The type of head unit matters regarding the overall sound quality you get in your vehicle. The market provides several options, and it only takes a bit of understanding to lay hands on what will serve you well. Below are the five best car head units that can give you comfort in your vehicle.
Some of the best car head units you can go for include the ATOTO double din car stereo, Kenwood stereo receiver, JVC multimedia receiver, Dasaita double din car stereo, and CUSP double din head unit. They come with many frills, including a touchscreen interface and smartphone integration.
Let us see below the reviews for these car head units.
Top Five Best Reviews
- 【High Performance】As the upgraded and enhanced successor to the popular A6 Y & A6 Karlink, A6 PF has...
- 【3 Internet Accesses & Dual Bluetooth】Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB (typically, Android car stereos only offer...
- 【CarPlay, Android Auto & Wireless MirrorLink】Wired and WIRELESS CarPlay/Android Auto. Run online...
Android Auto and car play feature: You only need a USB connector to integrate your phone into the unit to access several features.
Smart features and power rating: The unit supports Wi-Fi, and the touchscreen is responsive to every tap. You can also access the internet via Bluetooth or USB tethering.
Also, you can download your favorite apps and listen to various music formats, including MP3, AAC, WMA, and more.
Intelligent navigation: If the roads you are driving on seem unfamiliar, the convenient navigation system will help you easily navigate them. 1024 by 600 IPS display screen also makes maps easy to read. You can choose from various options, such as Google Maps.
- 1. Vehicle Compatibility: It fit any vehicle with a double din slot, and you should check whether if our...
- 2. Unique Design: Adjustable Viewing Angle allow the capacitive touch screen turn up and down freely. Special...
- 3.Audio-visual Functions: Giant 10.2 inch display with 1024*600 high resolution. EQ Settings with the 15-band...
Display: Dasaita’s screen differs from many others because of its 7-inch full touch and a high-definition screen. It supports 1080 pixels video playback; it is clear, sensitive, and provides 1024 by 600 resolution.
Android Auto and Apple car play compatibility: With this double din car stereo, you can integrate your Android or iOS device using a USB cable. You can access various smartphone features such as phone contacts, map navigation, email, music, and most applications.
Multimedia player: If you are tired of listening to music, you can also take advantage of this head unit’s three USB slots and auxiliary ports to watch a movie or other entertainment. You will be sure to love the HD video output.
Bluetooth feature: If cables become hectic for you, you can wirelessly transfer music or make calls using this device’s high-quality 5. 0 Bluetooth function. You can also transmit music from several preset stations to the unit and enjoy quality sound from your car system.
- Talk to Amazon Alexa on your KENWOOD Receivers. With Alexa Built-in, you can ask to play music, place calls,...
- Connect your iPhone or Android device to access and control the most popular music application sources. Simply...
- While you are connected through Bluetooth, with a touch of a button you can switch between two phones.
Smartphone compatibility: You can connect your smartphone to the unit via a USB cable. This helps you navigate through phone contacts, make hands-free calls, get notifications, and perform myriad other tasks.
Smart Alexa: You can give voice commands to your head unit via the Kenwood receivers with the help of Amazon Alexa. Such commands include but are not limited to checking the weather, hearing the news, playing music, and finding parking.
Bluetooth function and HD Touch screen: The monitor offers the best resolution of 1024 by 600, which is clear, sensitive, and responsive.
You can enjoy awesome video quality since it supports 1080 pixels with playback. Also, you can wirelessly perform activities on your phone via a Bluetooth connection.
- Pandora / iHeartRadio / Spotify Control (Android/iPhone)
- K2 Technology for Enhanced Digital Sound Quality
- 4 Phones Full-Time Connection - You can connect two phones full time via Bluetooth, with secure and simple...
K2 technology: This ensures your system has enhanced quality sound.
Bluetooth feature: You can connect up to two phones on the system via Bluetooth. In case of a phone call, you will only need to push a key on the receiver.
Low battery notification: Its output wattage is 200 watts. You will hear a beep sound on the unit when the battery runs low.
- 【Super Hardware and Software】Android 9 Car Radio. Six Core Rockchip PX6 CPU + 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM, High...
- 【Car Play & Android Auto, Built in WiFi, Play Store, Download App Freely】Wire and Wireless Car Play, Wired...
- 【Built-in GPS Navigation and Map, Bluetooth, Voice Control Hand Free】 Support both online and off-line...
Powerful software and hardware: You will love everything from its 64GB ROM, 4GB RAM, and the six-core rock chip PXC6 CPU. They all ensure high and fast performance with low power consumption.
GPS Navigation and other built-in functions: The unit supports online and offline map navigation. With built-in Wi-Fi, you can download apps like Youtube from the play store. Not to mention, it includes built-in Bluetooth.
Supports aftermarket amplifier: It has a subwoofer connector to support the audio and video input and output using the aftermarket amplifier.
What Makes a Head Unit Good?
- Power Ratings: You need to check the head unit’s RMS and peak power rating to ensure it can power your car speakers.
- Smartphone Integration: This helps you connect your smartphone to make hands-free calls or listen to music from streaming apps such as Spotify.
- Display: You need a head unit with a large and clear display, so you don’t have a hard time viewing it from the driver’s seat.
- Expandability: Be sure to get a head unit with expandable memory to play music or videos from your external sources, such as CDs, DVDs, or memory cards.
- Playback: Choose a head unit that offers audio and video playback for optimal entertainment in your ride.
How Can You Test Head Units?
Testing a head unit is vital, especially before installation. So, how can you test them to ensure they are in good condition? Here is how you can do it:
Connect it to the speakers
Turn on the stereo by pressing the left volume shaft, then connect your impedance speakers to one speaker wire at a time. Insulate the wires so that they do not touch each other.
You will know that the head unit functions well if the speakers produce decent volume. If there is no sound, it could mean that the stereo’s internal amplifier is faultily installed or burnt out.
Some head units allow turning off the internal speaker outputs. Kindly check that they are not off before moving forward.
Check other functions
Check the functions of the head unit to see how effective they are. Test the touchscreen responsiveness and Bluetooth connectivity, and ensure all the ports are working.
Should I Upgrade My Head Unit?
Upgrading your head unit to the latest or modern version ensures you can get quality sound for your speakers. Plus, Modern head units have better features compared to their predecessors. Some best features include Bluetooth pairing, GPS, and a responsive touchscreen.
1. Is JVC a good audio brand?
JVC is among the most well-known and biggest names in the aftermarket vehicle stereo industry. They usually offer reduced product costs and are a well-known, recognized brand. People are aware that they are purchasing high-quality goods.
2. Which is better: Kenwood or Pioneer?
Although with a very small margin, Kenwood outperforms Pioneer since it provides a wider range of possibilities. Kenwood provides single DIN vehicle audio receivers with choices to fit your diverse demands at around the same price range.
3. Does the head unit affect sound quality?
It does affect sound quality. This implies that the higher the quality of your head unit, the better the sound of your music, and as a result, it often delivers high-quality audio and music playing.
4. What brands make the best head units?
Hopefully, now you have most of the information you need to upgrade your ride with some of the best car head units on the market. They will help make your rides more enjoyable, and you can even entertain your passengers with music and videos.