A powerful amplifier is important to create a loud sound system. A 3000-watt amplifier is often enough to drive the loudness you need. In this article, we review the top 7 amps with 3000 Watt power output.
You can also check out related amplifiers at different power levels:
1. Best Overall: Planet Audio TR3000.1 D Car Amplifier
It is a Monoblock clad D amp with variable low pass crossover, variable subsonic filter, variable bass boost, and switchable Phase control. With a MOSFET power supply, the amp delivers 3000 W maximum power, and up to 4500 W and 1 RMS when bridged at 2 Ohms. It also comes with remote controls for seamless navigation.
- 3000 W MAX Power X 1, 2250 W X 1 RMS @ 1 ohm, 1125 W X 1 RMS @ 2 ohm, 563 W X 1 RMS @ 4 ohm 4500 W X 1 RMS...
- Monoblock Class D, MOSFET Power Supply
- Low Level Inputs, RCA Pre-amp Outputs
Another great addition is the shut-off protection that protects the amp and speakers from overheating or short-circuiting.
- Short-circuit protection
- Wired remote
- Stable sound with high bass
- Overheating is a challenge
2. Runner Up: Taramp’s HD 3000 W Full Range Amplifier
This Mono amp has a superb sound output for both vocals and bass. The 3000 W of RMS power allows your speakers to deliver loud crisp sound. It has built-in protection that activates when the voltage fluctuates or when there is a short circuit.
- 10Hz to 20KHz
- Full Range
- Using for speakers, drivers and tweeters
The company uses cutting-edge technology in the manufacture of this class D full range amplifier. At 11.34 x 9.02 x 2.56 inches, it is large enough to include a bass boost.
- Excellent vocal and bass output
- Built-in protection system
- May get stuck
3. Best QTD Technology: Crunch POWERZONE Amp
This is a class D Monoblock amp from crunch. It measures 15.5 x 11.5 x 4.25 inches and uses RCA connections.
- 3, 000 watts x 1 @ 1 ohm
- 1, 500 watts x 1 @ 2 ohms
- 750 watts x 1 @ 4 ohms
The amp has a QTD technology that delivers 3000 watts and 1 RMS power at 1 ohm, 1500 watts, and 1 RMS at 2 Ohms, 750 watts, and 1 RMS at 4 Ohms stable application. Also, it features a 0 to 12 dB bass boost with SPEED-FET output devices and red heat sink elements.
- Does not heat up
- Large and may not fit well in small cars
4. Best Customizable Amp: DS18 GEN-X3000.1 Monoblock Amplifier
It has under-voltage protection at 10V, and over-voltage protection at 15V. The bass frequency response ranges from 30Hz to 80Hz.
- DS18 GEN-X3000.1D has the following RMS power: at 1 Ohm 1000 watts / at 2 Ohms 700 watts / at 4 Ohms 430 watts...
- Designed, Engineered, Developed, and Quality Controlled in the USA - Minimum THD at Rated Power: 98dB. Under...
- High-Speed MOSFET Power Supply Optical Coupler Class "D" Technology. Fully Adjustable 12dB / Octave Crossover...
It uses a high-speed MOSFET power supply with a 12dB/octave crossover that is fully adjustable with differential circuitry. In addition, it has a remote control, 12dB bass equalizer, and mute and delay soft start system.
Besides, the molded power terminals make its current draw the highest in the market and you can choose up to 4 channels.
- Excellent sound output
- Built-in protection
- Suffers from overheating
5. Best Amp With Ultra-Fi MOSFET: Hifonics BXX3000.1 D Brutus Class D Car Amplifier
It is a mono class D amplifier with an ultra-Fi MOSFET power supply that can balance between power and sound.
- 3000W RMS 1 Ohm Mono Car Subwoofer Amplifier
- Phase Shift: 0° - 180°
- Signal to Noise - >95dB. Frequency Response - 10Hz - 250Hz. Bass Boost - 0dB - 10dB. Subsonic Filter - 15Hz -...
There’s also a bass remote, bass boost, subsonic filter, and a low noise pre-amplifier circuitry. It also uses a blue LED indicator to show protection status and a red LED to show short circuit status. The amp uses an aluminum heat sink.
The frequency response is between 10Hz to 35Hz.
- Included protection indicator
- Reduced distortion
- Poor quality control
6. Best Price: Hifonics H35 3000W Hercules Monoblock Amplifier
Comes with nickel-plated RCA level inputs for enhanced connection and resistant to corrosion. It is a super class D 1 Ohm stable mono with Accu-Cross crossover that allows you to adjust the signal output, aluminum heat sink for heat dissipation.
- Hifonics 35th Year Anniversary LTD HS35 3000.1D Amplifier
- Super Class-D 1-Ohm Stable Monoblock Amplifier
- RMS Power Rating: 4 ohms: 375 watts x 1 channel. / 2 ohms: 750 watts x 1 channel. / 1 ohm: 1500 watts x 1...
The twin-turbo coil PS pulse width modulated MOSFET power supply helps to keep the voltage constant through the ultra-Fi devices. It comes with wired remote bass control.
- Accu-Cross crossover
- Low-noise pre-amplifier
- Defective units sent
7. Best 4 Channel: Pyramid PB2518 3000-Watt Bridgeable Mosfet Amplifier
This is a powerful unit with all the inputs and outputs required for your car sound system. It outputs 3000 watts maximum at stable usage. It measures 10.24 inches by 2.26 inches by 11.02 inches and weighs a modest 8.14 pounds making it much lighter than the rest.
- Two Channel Amplification - Soft Turn On/Off Circuit - Remote Turn On - Power and Protection LED’s -...
- 2×1500W Max Output - 2 Ohm Stereo Stable - Heavy Duty Aluminum Alloy Heat-sink - S/N Ratio: >95DB
- 1×3000W Watts 2 Bridged - Bridgeable into 4 Ohms - Hi/Low Level Inputs - Frequency Response: 15Hz-30KHz
The unit is made of high-quality construction and is much more durable. Besides, it has a fully adjustable electronic crossover, durable bass boost, heavy-duty aluminum alloy heat sink, and safety LED indicator.
- Does not overheat
- Not strappable
3000 Watt Monoblock Amplifiers
Like we already mentioned, 3000-watt Monoblock amplifiers output a maximum of 3000 watts of power.
They are single-channel amplifiers that only serve a subwoofer and are not bridgeable. Besides, they are very efficient and more powerful. Some of the best 3000 watts Monoblock amps in the market include:
The amp is cheap, CEA-compliant, and comes with a wired bass level remote. It is a compact stylish amplifier with RCA inputs and preamp outputs. It also comes with adjustable low-pass and subsonic filters. Check out – are Rockville amps any good to learn more.
- Stable at 1 ohm
- Strapping capabilities
- Compact and slim
- CEA-certified RMS power outputs
- Lacks high-level inputs
- Actual power outputs are much lower
This is a good balance between performance and price. The mono amp is powerful, affordable, and power ratings are very accurate.
If you are shopping for under $400, this class D amp with an RMS output of 3000 Watts at 2 ohms is the best. The amp is however not stable at 1 ohm.
- RCA low-level inputs
- 4-way protection
- Adjustable phase
- Bass boost
- No high-level inputs
- No strapping capabilities
- Unstable at 1 ohm
How Many Watts Is A Good Amplifier?
Generally, when matching an amplifier with your speakers, you should select one that can deliver power that is equivalent to twice the continuous power rating of your speaker.
For instance, if your speaker has a “nominal impedance” of 8 ohms and is program rated at 350 watts, it should be paired with an amplifier that can output 700 watts into an 8-ohm load.
Is Monoblock A Good Amplifier?
Monoblock amplifiers are also called one-channel or single-channel because they bear only one channel per chassis.
Since they have only one channel, all the power is dedicated to only that channel helping them to deliver superior power amplification. Monoblock amps are therefore among the most highly regarded types of amplifiers.
Some of the companies that manufacture the best Monoblock amps are Rockville (check out our guide on Rockville Amps to learn more), Planet Audio, Rockford Fosgate, Boss Audio, Skar Audio, UdioPipe, and Kenwood. To choose the best amp, you need to evaluate the different available amplifiers so that you can pick one that matches the needs of your speakers and other components of your audio system.
To learn more, check out our article on what is a monoblock amplifier and why we use them.