Having a 2000-Watt amp is a enough good enough to create a powerful sound system for your car. In this article, we will cove the best 2000-Watt amplifiers and related specs that you should consider when buying a car amp.
You can also check out related amplifiers at different power levels:
1. Best Overall: Skar Audio RP-2000 Subwoofer Amplifier
This is a class D amp with a maximum output of over 2800 watts. It is the most powerful in the RP line of Skar. It has a 4-way protection circuitry, does not overheat and is very reliable.
- 500-Watt MOSFET 4-Channel Class A/B Power Car Amplifier
- RMS Power at 2 Ohms: 125 Watts x 4 Channels
- RMS Power at 4 Ohms: 75 Watts x 4 Channel
The frequency response range is 20Hz to 250Hz. It weighs 11.2 pounds and measures 24 x 3.2 x 7 inches. It also comes with a bass level control knob that allows you to easily and remotely control bass.
- Sleek design
- Remote bass control
- Well-built and durable
- Safe against overheating
- A bit bulky
- Output sometimes sound muddy
2. Efficient Performance: Sundown Audio SCV-2000D Mono Amplifier
At 1 Ohm RMS, it delivers 2000 watts, 1000 watts at 2 Ohms RMS, and 500 watts at 4 Ohms RMS. LPF ranges between 35 – 300 Hz, while subsonic ranges between 10 – 60 Hz. With clean lows and thumping highs, it is much more streamlined for improved performance.
It is 8.25 inches in length, 2.32 inches in width, and 16.53 inches high.
- Does not overheat
- More efficient performance
- Excellent sound quality even at high volumes
- Quite expensive
- Might require an extra battery
3. Best Class D Amp: American Bass PH-2500 MD Mono Amplifier
It is a class D amplifier with a low bass filter and a subsonic filter. The PH-2500 is efficient and powerful. Also, it has 4-way protection, RoHS compliant, and a heavy-duty aluminum heatsink. Besides, it is also very reliable against overheating.
The dimensions of the amp are 15 x 7.75 x 4 inches and weigh 5.7 pounds. It comes with a 1-year labor warranty that covers all the manufacturer defects.
- Plain design
- Some slight output distortion occurs at high volumes
4. Best Truck Amp: Pyle PLTA580 2-Channel Amplifier
It has multiple channel output with a great surround musical experience.
The terminals are screw-down, and RCA connectors are nickel-plated with a versatile control center and are adequately adaptable to work with several audio configurations.
- 200 WATT POWER: The Pyle Dual Channel Stereo Amplifier is perfect for your karaoke and home theater acoustic...
- 5 INPUTS: This personal digital amp box supports various external sources. Features 1 RCA audio input for...
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: The sound amplifying mixer device is equipped w/ Bluetooth wireless music streaming....
Runs on 24V DC power has a fixed subsonic filter, and variable high pass and low pass filters. Its dimensions are 11.42 x 3.15 x 21.65 inches.
- Overload and speaker short protection
- Air induction fan cooling
- Perfect for large vehicles
- Customizable options
- Output may distort at higher frequencies
- Not suitable for smaller vehicles
5. Best Affordable: Hifonics ZRX2016.4 Zeus 4-Channel Amplifier
This amp is affordable and can power up to four speakers. It is adaptable to a range of configurations and is reliable with an efficient heat-dissipating feature. It also comes with a military-grade PCB casing and up to four levels of circuitry protection.
It measures 22 x 2.4 x 10 inches, has a silver casing, a futuristic design, and blue illuminated Hifonics branding.
- Futuristic and unique design
- It may sound muddy at high volumes
- Overheats when used at high volumes for long periods
6. Versatile Bass Boost: Planet Audio AC2000.2 Anarchy 2000-Watt Car Amplifier
This amp measures 16 x 10 x 2.4 inches and is well equipped with a high-tech control board and MOSFET power supply. It is efficient and allows you to select the right frequencies for the sub and which for the main speaker as well as control the bass boost.
- 2000 W MAX Power @ 2 Ohm x 1 Channel
- 1000 W MAX Power @ 4 Ohm x 1 Channel
- High and Low Level Inputs
It has variable low and high pass crossover, variable bass boost, and both high and low levels inputs. Also, it comes with remote control.
- Reasonably priced
- 2-channel output
- Highly customizable sound output
- Remote control
- Not very durable
7. Most Value For Money: Boss Audio Ar2000m Armor 2000 Watt Car Amplifier
The Boss Audio is a class AB amplifier with one channel and works best with a subwoofer. It has a highly customizable sound output with variable high pass crossover and low- and high-level inputs.
- Power - 2000 watts Max X 1 @2-ohms, 1000 watts Max X 1 @4-ohms
- Class A/B topology - Class ‘A’ amplifiers have enormous amount of current flowing through its output...
- Low/high level inputs - a low level (RCA) input is measured in voltages. A high level (+/- wire) input is...
At 13.1 x 6.5 x 2.8 inches, the amp is compact and slim and will fit many cars even the smallest of them. With remote sub-control, the amp gives you the most value for money.
- Good value for money
- Highly customizable output
- Slim and compact
- Can overheat
- Single-channel output only
2000 Watt RMS Amps
In most cases, when you see wattage, it is quoted in peak power. However, peak power is not a good representation of the actual power that an amp will produce. A better measure is RMS power.
Check out our article on what is RMS in speaker systems to learn more. 2000 watt RMS amps deliver amazing power and ultra-amazing audio amplifier. Some of the best amplifiers in this category include:
This is a two-channel class A/B amp that delivers 2000 watts at 4 Ohms through one channel, 1000 watts at 2 Ohms, and 500 watts at 4 Ohms through two channels.
This is a two-channel amp that produces a maximum output of 2000 watts through one channel at 2 Ohms, and a maximum of 1000 watts through a single channel at 4 Ohms.
What Hits Harder 1ohm Or 4ohm Amp?
Technically, 1-ohm hits harder than 4-ohms and creates a much bigger output when under similar conditions.
This is due to the low impedance. 1-ohm speakers and amps are however more expensive but make a louder speaker and put more load on the amplifier.
4-ohm on the other hand is cheaper, produces better sound quality, and provides a good amplifier efficiency.
What To Look For In An Amplifier
Before you stick your fingers into the pocket or tap that pay button, let us show you what a good amp should have.
1. Extra Power
Just as the name suggests, a good amplifier should be one that drives more power into your subwoofers. Besides, it should make the music come out loud and clear without any distortions even on very high volumes.
2. Pocket Friendly
You do not want to break a bank to get the much-needed power. A good device should therefore be able to give you the extra power at an affordable price.
A good amp should not come as a toy with a short life span. You need a powerhouse that can serve you many years of good musical experience.
4. Channel Count
You need a powerhouse with an ample count of channels to accommodate all the speakers in your store.
5. Situation Of Use
You should be clear about where you intend to use the amplifier for. Whether in the car, outdoor events, or at home. The system you select should be suitable for the use scenario.