When the Amazon Echo roared onto the scene, one of the main critiques of the gizmo was that it didn’t really hold water as a viable home Bluetooth Speaker. We disagreed but just to prove us wrong, Amazon decided to shortly thereafter release the Tap. The Tap is a truly portable Bluetooth Speaker that also functions with Alexa and is, according to Amazon, “smart”.
So, the tap connects while stationary to Wi-Fi for connection to the internet and the Alexa cloud. And all you have to do is ask for a song, genre, artist, etc. Just stream it from Pandora, Spotify, iHeart, Amazon Prime Music, and even others.
But wait…there’s more!
The Amazon Tap instantly turns into a portable speaker that you can take on the go whenever you leave the house. You can either connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot or, yes…Bluetooth.
- 360 degree sound that is Dolby powered.
- Like the Echo, the Tap has many new options added all the time.
- Just over a pound, the Tap is made to move with you while on the go.
- Included charging cradle whenever the Tap is settled in it.
- When fully charged, 9 hours of playback time.
- Durable sling for protection against jostling, bumping, and dropping.