Table of Contents
- 1 Why Use Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speakers?
- 2 How Do I Pair My Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker?
- 3 How To Go Into Pairing Mode On The Altec Lansing Speaker
- 4 How Do I Pair My Phone To My Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker?
- 5 How To Pair The Jacket H20 4 Bluetooth Speaker With Another
- 6 Why Is My Altec Lansing Speaker Not Pairing?
- 7 What is Bluetooth Pin Code
- 8 How Do I Enter a Bluetooth Pairing Code
- 9 Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker Pairing Pin Code
- 10 How Do I Make My Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker discoverable?
- 11 Why Does My Altec Lancing Bluetooth Say incorrect Pin or Password
- 12 How To Reset a Passcode For Altec Lancing Bluetooth
Altec Lansing Bluetooth speakers are quite popular and work very well over Bluetooth. In this article, we will take you through a step-by-step process to help you with the pairing. Read on to get the details on how to pair your Altec Lansing Bluetooth speakers.
Why Use Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speakers?
Altec Lansing Bluetooth speakers are manufactured by the iconic Altec Lansing company. Their Bluetooth speakers make it easier for you to play music from any streaming device such as smartphones. To learn more, check out our article on the best Altec Lansing Bluetooth speakers.
How Do I Pair My Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker?
It is seamlessly easy to pair an Altec Bluetooth speaker. We will articulate these processes using the IMW449 Jacket H20 4 Bluetooth speaker as an example.
How To Go Into Pairing Mode On The Altec Lansing Speaker
If you have a Lansing speaker or a pair of them, or if you are using the IMW449 Jacket H20 4 Bluetooth speaker, for instance, you will notice some buttons at the top. One of the buttons should have a power symbol.
- Turn On: urn on the speaker by holding down the power button for 3 – 5 seconds.
- Activation: Release the power button when a LED light appears. You should also hear a voice notification.
- Pairing Mode: The speaker should now be on Bluetooth mode and available for pairing with other devices.
How Do I Pair My Phone To My Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker?
Usually, there are two ways to get the Bluetooth manager on your Android phone. You can either swipe down from the top of your screen and tap on the icon that says “Bluetooth.”
The other method is by tapping on the “Settings” icon appearing on your screen and scrolling down to the Bluetooth label.
Step 1: Turn On The Bluetooth And Scan For The Speaker
Tap on the Bluetooth icon and turn On Bluetooth. Once the Bluetooth is turned On, click on “Available Devices” or any other similar option on your phone.
Your phone should now scan the area for all the available and active Bluetooth devices. Once the scan is complete, you should see a list of devices that are available for pairing.
Step2: Select The Speaker On “Available Devices” And Pair
Select Jacket H20 4 or any other that is named the same way as the Altec Lansing speaker you are using. Tap on it and select “Pair.” If it asks for a PIN, enter “0000”.
Once you select the speaker and the pairing is complete, the blue LED light should stop flashing. Also, you should hear a voice notification, a sign that your speaker and the phone are successfully paired.
Now the speaker is paired with your phone and all the sound from the phone will be played on the Altec Lansing speaker, including calls. You can however stop this by turning off the speaker, unpair the devices, or by simply turning off the Bluetooth on your phone.
How To Pair The Jacket H20 4 Bluetooth Speaker With Another
You can pair the already paired speaker with yet another speaker in the series. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Pair The First Jacket Speaker With a Device: Ensure the first speaker is paired with the phone (or another music device) on Bluetooth.
- Press The Link Button On The First Jacket Speaker: On the speaker that is already paired with your phone, press and hold the link button. The speaker will then go to the true wireless pairing mode and will act as the parent speaker for the second speaker to be pared. Ensure that the LED light is blinking as a sign that the speaker is ready to pair.
- Press The Link Button On The Second Jacket Speaker: Press the power button on the second speaker to power it on. Then, tap the link button to take the speaker to true wireless pairing mode. The speaker will now act as the child and display a green LED light.
- Wait for A Little: Allow the speakers a minute to pair up. Once paired, you can then play music on the two speakers simultaneously from your phone.
If you are using an iPhone, you will still be able to connect your Altec Lansing Bluetooth speakers by following the same steps.
Why Is My Altec Lansing Speaker Not Pairing?
Having trouble pairing your Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker? let’s help you troubleshoot the connection.
Device Won’t Pair With Smartphone
Download the most up-to-date version of the Altec Lansing VersA Bridge app. Also, ensure that your phone’s Bluetooth is switched on and the Wi-Fi is connected to a local network. Also, the devices must be powered on before pairing can be done. Check that the speaker is turned on, and the Bluetooth is turned on in your smartphone.
Blocked Radio Signal
Ensure that there is no object between the smartphone and speaker. you can remove all the large objects to ensure your devices are getting a strong radio signal. Also, your speaker and phone should be within a 10-meter range for best sound quality.
Speaker In Poor Condition
Ensure the speaker is clean. If the speaker is placed near sand or in a dusty place, clean off the debris or residue. You can also rinse it with fresh water to improve performance. If the speaker still can’t work after the cleaning, check the speaker head replacement guide to perform internal speaker head replacement.
Device Is Paired To A Different Smartphone
Your speaker may not connect to your smartphone if it is already connected to another. It will only connect to one phone at a time. If the Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker is connected to another phone already, the center of the speaker will emit still blue light. You will need to disconnect the speaker from the connected device before attempting to reconnect with your phone.
You may have tried all the troubleshooting options but your speaker won’t connect yet. Perform a system restart on the speaker by holding both the “volume up” and “volume down” buttons on top of the speaker for about 7 seconds. You can also restart your phone if the Bluetooth icon on the phone can’t turn on or scan for devices.
What is Bluetooth Pin Code
A passkey sometimes called a passcode or pairing code is a number that associates one Bluetooth enabled device with another Bluetooth enabled device. For security reasons , most Bluetooth enabled devices require you to use a passkey.
How Do I Enter a Bluetooth Pairing Code
Go to the Bluetooth menu in the settings menu and look for nearby devices on your laptop or mobile phone. Choose the option labeled search for new devices and you will see a list of available Bluetooth gadgets. Select your second deice from this list. Then enter the pairing code when you get the prompt
Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker Pairing Pin Code
Many Altec Lansing speakers will have a default PIN code. If required, enter the PIN code ” 0000 ” and confirm Bluetooth pairing.
How Do I Make My Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker discoverable?
Press and hold the Power button for around 5s. your speaker will enter pairing mode with voice once powered on. Go to the Bluetooth manager of your Bluetooth device. Search Bluetooth device and select JH20 Mini .
Why Does My Altec Lancing Bluetooth Say incorrect Pin or Password
To keep you up to speed, an incorrect pin or passkey error occurs when the Bluetooth connection between the devices you are pairing fails.
How To Reset a Passcode For Altec Lancing Bluetooth
Access the menu on your mobile phone and select Bluetooth from the settings options. From the Bluetooth options you will see a list of all the devices you are presently paired with.
Select the device for which you want to reset the passcode and pair the two devices again.