Amazon’s Alexa has become a popular choice for many households worldwide. It offers a plethora of features, including playing music, setting reminders, and answering questions. One common question is whether using Alexa as a Bluetooth speaker without a Wi-Fi connection is possible.
This article will explore this possibility and provide a step-by-step guide to using Alexa as a Bluetooth speaker without Wi-Fi.
Let’s see how you can do so.
Follow the steps below to make your Alexa device work like a Bluetooth speaker without Wi-Fi:
Step 1: Turn your smartphone’s Bluetooth on
First, turn your smartphone’s Bluetooth on. This enables your phone to connect Bluetooth with other devices, including Alexa.
Step 2: Connect Alexa with Bluetooth
Now, connect the Alexa device to Bluetooth using voice commands after the smartphone’s Bluetooth is switched on.
For instance, you can say these prompts to Alexa: “Alexa, pair with Bluetooth,” or “Alexa, connect Bluetooth.”
Alexa will start the pairing procedure and look for Bluetooth devices.
Step 3: Pair a New Device
Next, select your phone’s “Pair new device” option. When you take this step, your phone starts looking for nearby devices. Ensure that pairing mode is selected on your Alexa device.
Step 4: Connect Alexa Device via Bluetooth
Now, find your Alexa device on the list once your phone has finished looking for new devices. Your phone will connect through Bluetooth to Alexa when you tap the option matching your Alexa device.
1. Can any Bluetooth device be connected to my Alexa?
Yes, you can connect any Bluetooth device to your Alexa device. It is indeed possible to use it as a Bluetooth speaker without Wi-Fi. Make sure that Bluetooth is on for this to happen.
2. Can I use someone else’s Alexa as a speaker?
Yes. Here is how you can connect with someone else’s Alexa:
- Tap the phone you wish to connect to when it appears in the list of devices to permit Alexa to do so.
- Once you’re connected, you can use the Alexa device to stream music and other audio as if it were a typical portable Bluetooth speaker.
- Just choose the music on your phone, and the Alexa device should start playing it.
3. Can Alexa work on mobile data?
Yes, Alexa can work on mobile data too. Alexa needs an established, wireless internet connection that works well for it to work. Ensure the connection is wireless; it can only work wirelessly because it does not have Ethernet ports.
4. Can I use Alexa as a speaker for my TV?
Yes, you can connect Alexa as a speaker for your TV, given your TV has an option for Bluetooth connection. You can easily control the volume via voice commands without needing a remote.
5. Can I change Alexa’s voice?
Yes, there is an option to change the voice. Follow the steps below:
- Give the voice command, “Alexa, change your voice.”
- Alexa will present you with a few options for voices.
- After playing an example, the device will prompt you to choose that voice or try another.
- Once you choose one you like, all you need to do is tell Alexa your decision.
6. Will my Alexa device work without Wi-Fi?
In short, the answer is – Yes, your Alexa device can work without a Wi-Fi connection when connected to Bluetooth.
Once the pairing is successful, you can turn your Wi-Fi off. As long as Alexa remains connected to your phone via Bluetooth, it can play music without a Wi-Fi connection.
Alexa will keep playing music if there is an active Bluetooth connection. You might have to turn Bluetooth off on your phone to stop the music. It’s important to note that Alexa will keep track of your phone’s Bluetooth pairing information, making it simple to play music without setting it up each time.
Connecting your Alexa device to your phone via Bluetooth allows you to listen to music even if it doesn’t have a working Wi-Fi connection. This offers a flexible and adaptable option when a Wi-Fi connection is unavailable.