You may have purchased some powerful speakers for your car, and now you need a powerful 1000-watt amp to match. If you are considering a 1000-watt amp, this article provides more details about the best 1000-watt amps on the market.
In addition, we will help you understand all the important characteristics of 1000-watt amps, as well as help you find the best car amp for your needs and budget.
You can also check out related amplifiers at different power levels:
2000 Watt Amplifiers
3000 Watt Amplifiers
1. Best Overall:Crown XLS1000 Power Amplifier
This amp from Crown packs several features that make it the most advanced 1000-watt amplifier in the market today. The invaluable integrated crossovers, for instance, make the amp more versatile and the best overall in this category.
- 215 watts per channel at 8 ohms, 350 watts per channel at 4 ohms, 1100 watts at 4 ohms bridged
- High Performance, Lightweight Class-D amp weighs less than 11 lbs
- Integrated PureBand(TM) Crossover System for better performance and control
The Class-D amplifier offers the exact Watt-ohms combination with 215 Watts delivered for every channel at the 4 Ohms value.
If you want an amp that combines quality with convenience, XLS1000 wins for being both lightweight, flexible in terms of inputs and configurations offered, and delivering compelling sound quality.
- More Ohms flexibility and power
- Digital filtering
- The amp tends to overheat
- A few noise issues
2. Best Lightweight: Behringer iNuke NU1000
This unit is a perfect choice for budget builders and beginners. It offers 500-watt channels at 2 Ohms, and you can choose to work with 300 watts at 4 Ohms value.
- Delivers 2 x 6000 Watts into 2 Ohms, 2 x 3400 Watts into 4 Ohms, 2 x 1700 Watts into 8 Ohms and weighs less...
The model has a simple design but with high build quality. The inbuilt features are well-placed to protect the unit from any form of problem, such as heating. Also, there is no sound distortion from this Class-D amp, even at higher wattage.
- Low power consumption
- Seamless transient response
- No output and input features
- The amp housing material is not heavy-duty
3. The Best High Performance:QSC GX7 1000W Power Amplifier
This product offers professional-level performance and is suitable for all kinds of PA systems. With 2 channels, this amp can play with double 8-Ohms speakers on each channel.
- 2 x balanced XLR and 1/4-inch TRS (one on each channel)
- RCA phono connectors
- Speak on combo XLR/TRS connectors (on each channel)
Also, it provides user-friendly input and output features along with useful connectors. Besides, the amp uses the Class-H technology output section.
- The amp has GuardRail protection that preserves the music integrity
- The amp is ideal for heavy-duty systems and purposes
- It produces clean sound with no distortion
- The amp has a noisy fan
4. Best 1-Channel Amp: Rockford Fosgate Prime
This Rockford Fosgate Prime is a 750 Watt Class-D 1-channel amplifier perfect for deep-hitting truck and car subwoofers. It runs four output channels and delivers 250 watts at 4 Ohms value, 600 watts at 2 Ohms value, and 750 watts at 1 Ohm.
- The Punch P1650 is an impressive 2-way full-range speaker designed for fanatics who need a high quality...
- The P1650 6.5” 4-ohm black speakers come as a pair, have a power handling of 55 Watts RMS/110 Watts Max and...
- Featuring a PEI dome tweeter with built-in crossover and injection molded mineral filled polypropylene cone...
In addition, the amp has inbuilt features that enable further adjustments such as altering gain, Hz, Freq, Punch Eq, etc. Besides, it has useful crossovers that offer an improved user experience and is best for car subwoofers.
- Compact, lightweight design
- Easy to set up
- The amp does not overheat
- Durability is questionable
5. Best For Entry-Level Systems: MRX-M110 Alpine Monoblock
This amplifier delivers the greatest power to your subs and ensures you have superior sound quality to fill all your rooms.
The design is sleek and delivers up to 2000 watts. At this height, 2 Ohms receives 1100 watts, while 4 Ohms receives 600 watts.
Other features in the design include integrated crossover, controls for bass EQ, and a subsonic filter. Besides, it is compatible with other useful devices, such as a bass controller.
If you are looking for high-power, top-quality and durable amplifiers in the market, Alpine products meet the demand.
- The amp has a shallow mounting depth
- Does not overheat
- The manufacturer does not include terminal covers in the package
6. The Best Affordable 1000-Watt Amp: Pioneer GM-D8601 Class D Mono Amplifier
The amp bears two channels, and the bass boost feature is useful for adjusting bass levels to your liking. Besides, it gives you access to the low pass filter (LPF) that adds more flexibility to your musical experience.
- 300W RMS x 1 @ 4Ω
- 500W RMS x 1 @ 2ω
- 800W RMS x 1 @ 1ω
In addition, the equipment is well equipped with Protection Control that moderates the input level of the amp and takes temperature into account.
Best of all, the system contains stable and durable circuitry, ensuring it produces a larger input power to yield one Ohm.
- Easy to install
- It has a versatile performance
- No fan to cool the system
- Can’t use the control knob to shut the power off
What Is The Best 1000 Watt Amp?
To drive your sound systems safely and get desired musical projection, you need only the best amplifier.
The best 1000-watt amp we have found in our search is the Crown XLS1000 Power Amplifier.
While getting a powerful amp to power the entire sound system is a major consideration in choosing the best amplifier in the market, considering the amount of power your sound system will consume is another crucial factor.
In this article, we’ve focused on presenting only the best 1000-watt amplifiers that will offer you the best balance of the factors while delivering the best experience.
What Size Amp Do I Need For A 1000 Watt Sub?
Matching an amplifier with the right subwoofer is important as it helps to ensure the system operates smoothly, does not go overhead, and delivers the best sound experience.
For 1000 watts, assuming 8 Ohms, you need 11 Amps RMS or 15 Amps peak for sine wave signal. For a 1000-watt subwoofer, you need about 10 Amperes operating at 120 Volts for the best performance.
Most of the 1000-watt amps on our list will give you a superb performance when properly matched with a sub. Many people chose to go for large and powerful amplifiers because amps can actually lose power over time, so it is good to compensate.
What Hits Harder, 2ohms Or 4ohms?
Ohm is a measure of the resistance offered by the circuitry or a device. A subwoofer with lower electrical resistance produces a much louder sound than one with higher resistance.
In other words, a 2-ohm subwoofer demands more power and so will produce a louder sound. It, therefore, means that a 2ohm subwoofer is louder than a 4ohm one.
1000 Watt RMS Amp 2 Ohms
A 1000-watt RMS amp will drive more power to your speakers at 2 Ohms. Some of the best 1000 watts RMS 2 Ohms amps you can get at good prices include:
- JL Audio JX1000/1D 1000 Watt RMS Monoblock Class D Car Amplifier: the amp comes with unregulated PWM switching type power supply, variable bass boost, and soft start turn-on that prevents popping and clicking when the system turns on.
- JL Audio XD1000/1v2: This 1000-watt XDv2 series Monoblock Class D amplifier with a high-speed NexD Switching design will drive much power into your subwoofers. It delivers 600 watts at 4 Ohms, 800 watts at 3 Ohms, and 1000 watts at 2 Ohms. Also, it is designed with NexD Switching technology, Advanced Rollback protection, Dual-Range Differential balanced Input Section and has a detented, calibrated filter frequency potentiometer.
- 1000W Monoblock Amplifier class D amp car audio bass Knob audio pipe APMN-1300
- Hifonics – ALPHA 1000W class D Bridgeable 2-channel amplifier with variable crossovers
1000 Watt Amp With Fan
Amps generally overheat when operated over a long time. As a result, the affected amps will occasionally switch off, which means your music will be occasionally interrupted as the amplifier cools down to play music again.
That is why you need an amplifier fitted with an internal fan. Some of the best 1000-Watt amps with good cooling fans are:
- Rockford Fostgate punch P1000X2 1000-watt 2-channel amplifier
- Kenwood – 1000-Watt bridgeable MOSFET Amp with built-in crossover and internal cooling fan
- Planet Audio AC1000.2 2-channel car amplifier
- Crunch PX1000.4 Power amplifier
1000 Watt Amp 2 Channel
2 channels on an amplifier mean it can handle left and right audio, or the amp can be bridged to power a subwoofer. Some of the 1000-watt amplifiers with 2 channels in the market include:
- Rockford Fosgate 1000 Watt Amp 2 Channel
- Punch 1000 Watt 2-Channel Amplifier (P1000X2)
- Lanzar Amplifier Car Audio, 2 Channel, 1000 Watt, 4 Ohm, MOSFET, RCA Input, BASS Boost, Mobile Audio, Amplifier For Car Speakers, Car Electronics, Crossover Network (HTG237), Black
- 2 Channel Car Stereo Amplifier – 1000W Dual Channel Bridgeable High Power MOSFET Audio Sound Auto Small Speaker Amp Box With Crossover, Variable Gain Control, RCA IN/OUT, LED Indicators – Pyle PB717X
Pioneer 1000 Watt 2 Channel Amp
Pioneer is known to produce versatile amplifiers that bring new power and clarity to audio. With amplifiers that can produce up to 1000 watts of output, these 1000-Watt amplifiers from Pioneer are ready to rock your music world.
Much better are even the 1000-Watt 2-channel amplifiers. These powerful machines can be bridged to yield massive blows into your subwoofer for much better sound experiences.
Some of the amplifiers in this category include:
- Pioneer 2-Channel Bridgeable Amp (GM-A3702): although it’s not a beast on the power front and may run hot sometimes, this amp is much more affordable, serviceable with smaller subs, and has a small footprint.
- Pioneer GM-A5702 2-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier With Bass Boost, Black/red.
1. How many watts equals amps?
- 1 amp is equal to 220 watts at 220V voltage.
- 1 amp is equal to 110 watts at 110V voltage.
- 1 amp is equal to 120 watts at 120V voltage.
|10 Watts to amps at 12V:||830 mA|
|50 Watts to amps at 12V:||4.17 Amps|
|100 Watts to amps at 12V:||8.33 Amps|
|200 Watts to amps at 12V:||16.67 Amps|
|300 Watts to amps at 12V:||25.00 Amps|
|400 Watts to amps at 12V:||33.3 Amps|
|500 Watts to amps at 12V:||41.7 Amps|
2. Does Boss Audio make good amps?
Boss is well-known for manufacturing excellent solid-state amplifiers in combo and head unit configurations.
3. Can an amp be too powerful for a speaker?
Amplifiers can be excessively strong for speakers. The amount of electrical energy that speakers can convert into audio is restricted. In general, distortion or clipping may occur if the amplifier produces more electrical energy than the speakers can handle, but the damage is rare.
4. What happens if the amp is not powerful enough?
If the amp is not powerful enough, you can harm the speakers by giving them too much high-frequency energy, which can cause the amplifier to clip. The increased power in these harmonics is what causes speaker damage.