2017’s Best Bluetooth Speakers Under 100 Bucks
Best Bluetooth Speakers Under 100
Are you searching for a quality, yet affordable Bluetooth speaker? You’ve come to the right place. After testing the top cheap speaker brands on the market, we have rounded up the very best 8 different categories.
This roundup includes the very best yet cheap Bluetooth speakers that you can find on the market right now.
We vet each Bluetooth Speaker to ensure you are receiving the best bang for your buck in different categories based on your needs.
Loudest: The Big Turtle Shell
Do you personally go out of your way to find the most remote outdoor areas so you can play your music really loud? If you want a Bluetooth speaker that can really bring the volume, Outdoor Tech's Big Turtle Shell is really your best option.
While its contemporary design may suggest a lack of durability, Outdoor Tech specifically designed their product so that it is not only easily recognizable, but built tough. With a stable foundation and a grill to protect from dust and water splashes, The Big Turtle Shell can stand with the best of them.
However, its true highlight is performance. The design allows it to pump out optimal sound quality at 110 decibels, making it easily the loudest outdoor boomer on the market. The turtle shell design also comes in a smaller, less loud size for easy transport. However, The Big Turtle Shell does have handles for easier transportation.
Most Affordable: Photive Hydra
The Photive Hydra is one of the most popular outdoor Bluetooth speakers on the market, and for good reason. Encased in a smooth rubber grip on all sides, it is water resistant and easy to carry around. The speaker itself is cover in a tough metal grill to protect it from any outside irritants. With a water resistance rating of IPX6, the Hydra can withstand splashes, but should not be submerged in water.
Where the Photive Hydra really shines is in its sound quality. It is small, but it is fierce. While the bass is not earth shattering, it is respectable for its size, but the clarity is amazing. The sound is so clear that it sounds like the vocals and instrumentals are coming from different speakers, but they are not. With its small size and punchy sound, the Photive Hydra is a great choice for the outdoors person who is always on the go.
Most Durable: UE BOOM 2
Don't be deceived by its sleek and fashionable design, the UE Boom 2 only looks like it should stay indoors. In fact, its portable and eye-pleasing design is both durable and gives a great performance. Due to its design, the UE BOOM 2 gives off the loudest 360-degree sound on the market in crystal clear quality.
While small and easy to put out of harm's way, if it does come into danger, the BOOM comes with sealed ports to keep liquid and debris away from its sensitive components. While the exterior mesh looks weak, it has been coated with water and stain resistant materials, making it look like an indoor speaker, but perform like an outdoor device.
Portable: Divoom Voombox
The Voombox may be tiny, but it is tough. With 6 drivers and a 15-watt output, the Voombox can put out a powerful sound making its portable shell so deceptive. It's encased in a strong metal body that is reinforced with shock-absorbing rubber, making it ready for whatever adventure you have ahead.
Although it only has a IPX4 water resistance rating (making it only safe from splashes), you can enjoy 12 hours of omni-directional sound on one charge. Its small size and weight also make it easy to slip into a pack so that you are not carrying an 80's-style boom box on your shoulder over to your campsite.
We love the Voombox and it is in someone's pack each time we go camping. If it's raining you can always put it in a tent and still listen to it from just about anywhere at the stie.
Best Outdoor Speaker: Fugoo Tough
What is the best overall outdoors Bluetooth speaker in terms of portability, durability, functionality, and sound quality? It is the fierce-looking Fugoo Tough.
Marketed as the world's most rugged. this is one model that lives up to its reputation. With six drivers spread across four sides, the Fugoo Tough delivers loud 360-degree sound at a respectable 95 decibel volume.
That performance is all wrapped up in a tough shell that isn't just for show. While its IPX5 rating makes this speaker safe from splashes, it is also snow-proof, mud-proof, and dust-proof, assuring you can do pretty much everything with this speaker along for the ride.
While all of that is excellent in an outdoor Bluetooth speaker, does it really merit the $300 price tag? It does when you consider that its charger holds for 40 hours of continuous use. If you spend more time out in the bush than you do in the house, the Fugoo Tough is definitely worth the investment.
Solar Powered Bluetooth Speakers Under 100 Dollars
The latest and greatest in the Bluetooth Speaker industry? You might think so. They're been out and around for a while now and one of the favorite gadgets for avid outdoors people. Beaches. Camping. Hiking. It doesn't matter. A solar powered Bluetooth speaker will make your day easier and a lot more fun. These speakers will have your music bumping and your soul grinding!
You get to harness natures energy and listen to the tunes of make hands-free calls while you're fishing, sunbathing, or camping. The best part? With the power of the sun you'll never have to recharge a battery or worry about losing your speaker when you most need it.
There are some solar powered speakers, like the Eton Rukus, that will actually have the capacity ad efficiency of awesome solar panels to not only power your tunes but will also allow you to charge your cell phone at the same time! Say what? Say YES! Now, that's a BOOM Speaker.
Benefits of a Solar Powered Bluetooth Speaker
Music to Stream
- Pair a mobile device and keep your music going thanks to the sun for hours on end.
Charge Mobile Devices
- Take your solar powered speaker and make keep your other devices fueled and charged so that you're never without a phone or a tablet for calls, internet surfing, or reading your favorite eBook.
Never Go Without Your Music...Even in the Outdoors
- Long hikes? Camping on the beach? Multi-day fishing trips? As long as the sun is present, then you'll be able to charge your speaker, other devices, and listen to your favorite music or anything else you want to stream.
Going Indoors? Keep it Charged the Old Fashioned Way
- What's the use of technology if you can't fall back onto old traditions? If you need to keep you solar powered speaker inside then you can do that and charge it traditionally via micro-USB.
Keep it Near the Water...You're Safe
Most solar powered Bluetooth speakers are designed to be used in the elements and outside. Splash proof is pretty basic.
3 Best Bluetooth Options for Gaming and Surround Sound
While most serious games will opt for a great pair of Bluetooth headphones for gaming, there’s really nothing quite like filling a room with the sound of your current gaming love affair with an awesome Bluetooth speaker. Whether that’s the “pew, pew, pew” or rapid machine gun fire of first person shooters like Overwatch and Call of Duty or the serene music and sound effects of No Man’s Sky. Something like Star Wars: Battlefront really does magic for a room!
According to our research, studies and testing-the below speakers are the best Bluetooth speakers for gaming with passion and deft skill.
Lowest Cost…Good performance and Value
- Very small space taken up. You can put the bass box under the desk at your feet and both speakers at desk level, on either side for a great experience.
- Cool brushed design with fresh looking blue LED light giving the Sykik a modern, sleek look.
- Easy to set up. Quick to get going and gaming with great sound.
- One year Sykik warranty.
- Bluetooth will connect to most compatible devices including smart phones TV, computers, etc.
- Option of Bluetooth/wireless connection or wired via RCA in put ports.
- Front facing volume and bass controls.
- Sub Woofer: 9”H, 5”W, 11” D. Satellite speakers each: 3.5”x3.5”x3.5”.
Mid Range Cost…Great Performance, Sound and Value
We thought about NOT including the Logitech Z323 in this list because it’s NOT a true Bluetooth device as it needs the Bluetooth adapter that it comes with. That being said, it’s a monster of a device the provides accurate, crisp sound to that makes all the pops, echoes and crashing of gaming a joy.
- Immersive Logitech 360-degree sound for crystal-clear, room-filling audio.
- Ported, down-firing subwoofer delivers deep, rich bass
- RCA and 3.5 mm inputs for easy connections to gaming console, DVD player or iPod.
- Great ratings on Amazon with 4.3 out of 5 stars in over 750 reviews at time of our review.
High End Prices for the Best Sound in Gaming from Bluetooth Speakers
For the ultimate experience in computer gaming sound, then you need this monster of a product from Rockford! The sound is so clear, the surround sound SO intense and accurate that you would swear that you’re wearing headphones. You’ll easily be able to determine which direction those enemy footsteps are approaching from and the minute (but necessary) grunts of an approaching enemy or ally.
- 1000+ watts total peak power (530 watts RMS) delivering the most powerful audio entertainment
- Convenient desktop control includes: on/off switch, input source selection, master volume control, bass volume control, surround control, headphone output jack, auxiliary input jack
- System offers various methods of connectivity including: Bluetooth, Optical, RCA, AUX, and the latest in gaming sound cards
- Ideal for watching movies, gaming, or playing music
- System includes: (4) satellite speakers, (1) center channel, (1) subwoofer, (1) multi-function control pod, (1) wireless IR control, and (5) speaker wires